Chill

The Life of the Sixth Member

It's currently raining outside and you loved moments like this; when you can just enjoy the rain, the breeze and the calmness that comes with it. You love the rain, the calming kind, not the one with thunder and lightning. You hate those as much as Irene hated loud noises. Times like that reminded you of scary nights where Irene would run to your bed to seek refuge and you having to be brave for her, trying your hardest not to flinch and cover your own ears. Right now, all of you had a day off so everyone's just chilling on their own. You posted a picture on your Instagram with the caption of loving rainy days like this and telling everyone to be careful of the weather, make sure they're protected from the rain. You honestly sounded like your mother but oh well, fans love the little interaction you give.  

You were on your bed with a book in your hands, leaning against the headboard where you were across the window so you could catch the picture of the rain pelting against your window every time you look up. The members knew you probably won't be coming out any time soon due to the calmness you were feeling so they left you to your own devices, doing their own things. The dorm was calm for once and you lived for moments like this, where you knew your members were calm and able to relax, doing the things they enjoy doing.

It was in the afternoon when Irene knocked on your door, prompting you to look up from your book. The rain was calming down outside but it was still drizzling and you just knew it was going to be like that for the rest of the day. The leader poked her head in and you were met with that breathtaking warm smile of hers, making you smile back. 

"Yes, Hyun-unnie?" 

She proceeded to come into your room before closing the door shut and sitting beside you on the bed, cuddling into your chest. You put down your book and wrapped your arm around her shoulder then giving her head a kiss. 

"I've missed you." 

You could just picture the small pout she had on her lips and you smiled, chuckling at her cuteness. "You could've come into my room earlier, you know." 

Irene closed her eyes as she felt the rumbles of your voice on your chest. She loved times like this when she knew you were able to relax and just enjoy your time. You had been so busy lately that she was afraid you would feel burnt out eventually, glad that you were finally able to wind down. 

She eventually leaned back a little so she could look up at you, an adorable pout still on her lips. "I didn't want to disturb you, El. You've been busy so I thought it was a good time for you to relax in your favourite weather." 

By her tone you knew she wasn't done so you continued looking at her, the hair that fell down on the sides of her face.

"But I miss you too much," her pout deepened and you giggled, pinching her cheek. 

"You're too cute, Unnie. Thank you for being so understanding but I wouldn't mind you being here, you know?" 

Her pout eventually turned into the special smile she reserved for you. She your cheek with the back of her right hand, causing you to lean into her touch. "I know now."

You stayed like that for a little before she snuggled back into your chest, ear next to your heart. "Would you read for me?" 

She felt more than heard your low chuckle. You picked up your book again before kissing the top of her head and leaning back against the headboard, wrapping your arm around her back so she would be more comfortable. 

"Of course, Unnie." 

Even though she couldn't understand a thing that she heard due to the book being in English, she just enjoyed your calming voice and the rumbles from your chest, lulling her to sleep. 

Oh, how much you loved days like this.