Frank

The Life of the Sixth Member

That morning you had an interview to talk about your recent comeback. Considering it was a radio interview, the morning was cold, and you had been in the business for four years already, none of you had bothered to dress up. All of you decided to just turn up in hoodies, sweaters, and sweatpants which really helped with the cold and the cuteness the fans were looking forward to.

The weather wasn't supportive that day and there was a lot of wind so you know your leader would need extra warmth. 

"It's so cold outside I'm not looking forward to getting out of this car," Joy remarked and all of you agreed, you looking at Irene in concern. 

"I can't wait to go back home and just snuggle into the blankets," Yeri added with a dreamy tone, causing all of you to laugh and Irene to scold her playfully. 

"Yah, Kim Yerim! We just got out of the house and you already want to go back home?" 

Seulgi laughed. "Remember that song we 'made' on Weekly Idol?" The question made all of us laughed out loud again. That was one good song wanting to go home. 

When you arrived, you could see fansite masternims waiting for your arrival and you couldn't help but worry about their health. 

"Are the fans not cold?" Wendy voiced out your concerns. 

Irene, though concerned, just nodded her head towards the door of the car. "Let's just go out so they can take shelter while we're inside."

All of you filed out of the car as quickly as possible with you going out before Irene. When she did, you made sure to wrap your arm around her shoulders to try and keep her warm. In response, she looked up slightly to give you a smile which you replied with your own grin. 

The moment was not missed considering the sounds of camera shutters and the number of flashes that went out. 

Before you went inside the building, you made sure to yell loud enough for the fans to hear. "Please seek warmth after we go inside! We don't want you to get sick!" 

They all yelled back a "yes!" so you continued your journey inside. Once you made it into the building, you let go of Irene's body with one last rub on her arm, a smile on your face. 

"I hope you didn't get too cold, Unnie."

All of you filled into the radio room and greeted the DJ and the staff around with polite bows and smiles painted on your slightly tired faces. 

You saw there were six extra chairs and microphones, and you sat down in no particular order with you being in-between Joy and Wendy. You usually sat beside Irene but she usually sits beside Wendy on radio shows so it's like tradition by this point. 

"We're going to start soon, so be ready." With that, all of you wore your headphones and sit slightly closer to the mics. 

While waiting for the commercials to end, you felt a poke on your right arm and you looked towards Joy who was looking at you with a mischievous grin. 

You smiled. "What, Unnie?" 

She just shook her head no and continued poking you, laughing slightly. 

You turned towards Wendy. "Joy-unnie is in one of those moods, Wan-unnie." 

Wendy looked at you before turning to look at Joy, shaking her head in amusement. "I'm so glad I'm not in your place today, Liza." 

You glared at her playfully in return before turning your body towards the mic again, poking Joy with your right hand without looking at her. 

Listening to the commercial ending, both you and Joy stopped your attacks on each other to focus on the DJ instead.

"Welcome to today's show! Today we have a special guest, please introduce yourselves," the DJ cued you for your greeting. 

"Dul, set," Irene started with all of you following after with your group greeting. "Happiness! Hello, we are Red Velvet!" 

The interview was fun. The DJ was laid back and asked questions that interested all of you. 

"In Red Velvet, is there someone who's awkward or don't get along with another member?" 

That question made all of you looked at each other in question, finally looking at Irene to know who should answer this. None of you wanted to make any wrong remarks. 

She took the lead. "I don't think any of us have those feelings towards each other, although Joy and Eli were awkward with each other at first because they have strong personalities." 

"Oh yeah," Joy nodded in agreement. "I almost forgot about that." 

"Really?" the DJ had his eyebrows furrowed. "You seem really close though, I saw you poking each other before this started. What happened?" 

Joy looked at you before answering. "She trained longer than me, so when I joined the company she was already there for two years. We were formed into a group much later so we didn't really train together. When we were formed into a group, we had some clashes because I'm very blunt and truthful, and she's also not afraid to say what she's thinking without much wording, so we unintentionally hurt each other without knowing at times."

You smiled ruefully. "Yeah, it was kind of a rough start. Like Joy-unnie said, I can be very blunt more so when I'm stressed or under pressure." 

You looked towards Joy and saw her happy smile, which made you smile in return. "We eventually talked it out and began spending more time with each other so now we're very close." With that, you reached your hand towards her and intertwined them together. 

You smiled towards each other before turning towards the DJ again, fingers still linked. 

He nodded with a smile. "Really, no one would've guessed you guys were awkward with each other seeing how you are right now." 

All of you laughed. "We're proud of that because that means we've grown and matured," you added, looking around at your members to see them smile at you with pride and you felt like a happy child achieving something big. 

 

After you finished your interview, you went back towards the dorm and rested, happy to have some free time before you have a busy schedule again. 

You were reading one of your books in your room before you heard a knock, causing you to look up from your book. 

Joy was standing there, a smile on her face. "Hey, El. Can I come in?" 

You nodded. "Of course, Unnie. What's up?" 

She lied down beside you on the bed, cuddling you. You put your book down to snuggle into her. 

"Talking about it today made me realise how silly we were back then," she started. 

You giggled in response. "Well, we were really young, Unnie. I remember how I was so confused with what I can or can't say so I don't hurt your feelings and it was hard because none of the members felt the same as me." That prompted light laughs out of you both. 

"Yeah, Seungwan-unnie and I had different problems than we did. I'm glad we're close now, though. I don't know who I'll be if I don't have you in my life." 

You laughed out loud this time, turning your head to look at her in the eyes. "Really? You're so cheesy, Unnie. I think you hang out with Wan-unnie too much," you teased causing her to nudge you in the ribs. 

"I'm serious! I'd probably be a different person if I never met or got close to you. You made an impact in my life, you know." 

That made you turn serious. "Really? How so?" 

She smiled, raising her left hand to your hair. "You really helped me to become a better person because you're never afraid to say your opinion even though it hurts but it's true. You don't say it to hurt people, you just want them to improve and I appreciate that." 

You smiled. "I'm glad then, Unnie. I hope you know I never intended to hurt people with how I say things though I know sometimes people don't get it and think I'm too... frank." 

She pulled you into a hug. "I know, Eli. Unnie knows," she tightened her hug. "We all do." 

You smiled into her embrace. You're thankful you have such a loving family.