Celebrating Seulgi

The Life of the Sixth Member

Seulgi is special. 

You would say that about each one of your sisters because they're truly special in their own ways but Seulgi is... Seulgi. She's warm, playful, charismatic, genuine, yet she is charming, resilient, and knows what she wants. 

For all the years you have known her, Seulgi had matured so much but her values stayed the same, which made her the way she is today. You love your 'first' sister and you love to make her feel loved and special, especially during her birthday. Due to the closeness of hers and Wendy's birthdays, they are often celebrated together but you wanted to make your sisters feel special (because they are) so every year you would personally celebrate their birthdays separately. 

This year was different. Joy and Yeri would be away for separate schedules and Wendy was still at the hospital being treated, so it was down to you and Irene to celebrate the warm bear. You knew Seulgi liked simplicity so you planned to do just that but never left out the fact that she's so loved and special in her own ways.

"Wan-unnie, I have an idea for Seulgi-unnie's birthday. Wanna hear it?" 

You were visiting Wendy at the hospital and was peeling some oranges for her. She was munching carefully before turning her attention to you again, eyes shining with warmth. 

"Of course, little sis. What is it?"

You gave her a smile before feeding her another orange. "I was thinking of booking her favourite cafe and inviting her friends, along with Hyun-unnie, and maybe a video of you saying happy birthday?"

She lit up in excitement. "That's a good idea! I know she'd love it." 

You gave her a shy look, having doubts about your idea. You had been thinking about what to do for her and this was the best idea you got. 

"You really think so?" 

Wendy reached out to pat your cheek in affection. "I know so. Will my look be okay for the video though? I look hideous in this hospital gown." 

You know she's been slightly insecure since her accident and you've been trying to keep her confidence up, knowing she'd been gaining it during the last few comebacks. 

"You always look beautiful, no matter what you wear, Unnie." You gave her your warm smile, covering the hand that was patting your cheek with yours. You lightly squeezed her hand. "You look so pretty even the nurses get distracted." 

Wendy blushed and pulled her hand back, slapping your arms lightly in return. "Yah, what are you talking about?" 

"I'm serious!" You grinned with a glint of mischievousness in your eyes. "I heard them talking about how nice and beautiful you are in real life, I swear they became fans afterwards." 

She blushed even more and you giggled, feeding her another orange. "So, are you up for that video?" 

She hesitated for a bit before looking into your eyes and finding the reassurance she needed there. She knew you meant every word you said. 

"Anything for you, dongsaeng-ah." 

Your grin widened and you stood up to hug her carefully but warmly nonetheless. Wendy closed her eyes in bliss. She'd missed your hugs and she couldn't wait until she's healed enough to be hugged tightly by you again. 

You kissed the side of her head lovingly. "I love you, Unnie." 

She kissed your cheek in reply. "I love you too, Liza." 

 

After that, the plan was in motion. You had booked Seulgi's favourite cafe, a few blocks near your old dorm, and invited her closest friends which included Sunmi and Moonbyul. They both were very much into the idea and promised to bring presents, which you thanked them for. 

"Hyun-unnie, do you think is enough? Should I add something else to her surprise?" 

Irene was concentrating on looking up the right party decoration on her laptop before she heard your question. She stopped what she was doing immediately to turn her attention towards you, eyes furrowed in confusion. 

"You already have her friends coming over with presents and we have her present, you even bought additional presents which you didn't have to do." Irene gave you a warm smile before standing up to come over to your figure and wrapping her arms around your waist, her looking up at you with a loving gaze. You wrapped your arms around her shoulders in return. "She'd love her surprise, El, trust me." 

You gave her a shy smile. "I just want her to feel loved, just like she deserves. I don't know if what we're doing is enough..." 

Irene frowned at your insecurity and put her head on your chest in a hug, which you returned willingly. You heaved a heavy sigh and she frowned even more, a pout on her face when she pulled back from the hug. "I think you've shown her how much you love her every day, Eli-ah. She appreciates it and knows that she is very much loved." 

"You really think so?" 

Irene gave you her special smile, proud that you loved your sisters that much. "I know so."

"Okay then," you smiled at her warmly, kissing her cheek in thanks. "Let's get the party started!" 

 

When the day came, you woke Seulgi up with a small cake in the morning. 

"Seulgi-unnie," you shook her awake, her grumbling in response but not opening her eyes. "Wake up, Unnie, it's your birthday," you continued to coo, Irene smiling right next to you. 

"Seulgi-ah, wake up right now!" Irene used her leader voice and Seulgi immediately woke up, eyes wide in surprise. 

She sat up in her bed whilst rubbing her eyes sleepily. "What, what's going on?" 

You and Irene looked at each other with humour in your eyes before looking at Seulgi, proceeding to sing the birthday song in sync, even harmonising which Seulgi giggled at. 

"Thank you so much, Baechu-unnie, Eli-ah," Seulgi grinned and you laughed loudly at Seulgi's nickname for the leader while the latter pouted cutely. 

"Make a wish and blow the candle, Unnie!" 

She then closed her eyes and made her wish, and blew out the candles quickly. You both cheered and Seulgi took you both in her arms, carefully though so she wouldn't make you drop her cake.

"I love you so much." 

You snuggled closer into her and Irene did the same, closing your eyes in bliss. "We love you too, Unnie. Happy birthday." 

 

Seulgi gasped in surprise the moment you took off her blindfold which made you laugh slightly. Everyone shouted a 'happy birthday Seulgi!' and turned into a wide grin and she bowed so deeply, truly grateful for everyone being there for her day. 

After she was done she turned towards where you and Irene were, eyes still wide in surprise. "Was this your doing?!" 

You and Irene giggled with her pointing towards you. "It's all her, Seulgi-ah." 

"Eli....." Her eyes watered and you cooed, opening your arms for her. "Don't cry, Unnie. You're supposed to be happy!" 

She hugged you so tightly that you thought your bones would crack. "I am! That's why I'm crying!" 

You laughed loudly whilst Irene moved to entertain the guest, waiting for Seulgi to calm down. "That doesn't make any sense, Unnie." 

She sniffled some more before pulling back from the hug, though her arms were still around your waist. "You told me you weren't planning anything!" 

You laughed loudly in response, throwing your head back. "Busted! You didn't suspect anything, did you Unnie?" 

"No," she pouted adorably and you pinched her cheek. "But thank you, I really appreciate it." 

You smiled in relief, grateful that she liked the surprise. "Well, you're gonna love me more after I showed you what I have." 

formed an 'O' and you giggled. "Come on, let's greet your guests." 

After everyone gave her their gifts, you had Seulgi sit in the middle while you set up the projector for Wendy's message. The moment she popped up on the screen Seulgi gasped in surprise, along with everyone else aside from Irene as she knew about this. She still looked at Wendy's image in awe though. 

"Seulgi-ah, happy birthday-" After the message was finished playing, everyone wiped the tears out of their eyes whilst Seulgi was still chuckling and laughing. 

"Seungwan would never disappoint, I swear."

She turned to you again, warmth and love in her eyes. "Thank you for setting up everything, Eli-ah. I loved it and I love you." 

You gave her a warm smile in return, feeling both proud and touched. "It was my pleasure, Unnie. I love you too."

Later that day, Seulgi did an Instagram live and thanked everyone who came to her party and thanked you for surprising her with it. Your comment of "Love you lots" prompted the fans to love you even more, wondering about what you'd done for the others' birthdays and what you'd do for the upcoming birthdays.