I'm a Little Monster

The Life of the Sixth Member

It was time for the release of Red Velvet Irene and Seulgi's debut song, Monster. They were to have a Vlive countdown session before the actual song and mini-album dropped, and you couldn't be more excited. 

"Unnies! I'm so excited for your debut, oh my God." 

You were sitting in the middle seat of the van that was on the way to the venue of their Vlive, making Seulgi turned and grinned and Irene to giggle sheepishly. This was their schedule but Irene asked you to come and support her there; you'd love to be there but you didn't want to disturb them in any way. She gave you that pout of hers while convincing you that Seulgi already said it's totally okay and she would actually appreciate your presence there. While Seulgi might give Irene a sense of calmness, you were the one who could give that to her, so knowing you'd be able to support your first sister and your guardian, you jumped on the chance. You eventually said yes, giving her a kiss on her head which made her snuggle more into your embrace. Seriously, such a fluffy bunny she was. 

So, that put you here in the van, making sure you're providing the calm aura they both needed as they were feeling quite nervous for their debut. 

"Thank you, Eli-ah. Which song from the album is your favourite?" Seulgi couldn't help but ask and that got you thinking. 

All the members were given the chance to listen to the title song and later the whole album by the sub-unit, making you feel even more hyped. Each song has its own vibes to them and you loved them all. 

"That's a hard question to answer, I love them all," you pouted, making Irene scoot even closer to pinch your cheek softly. 

Seulgi rolled her eyes fondly. "Okay, aside from the title song, which song made you feel good?" She knew this would narrow down your choices. 

You continued thinking about it, making both your sisters look at you adoringly. They knew this was not a serious question as they only want to genuinely know what you thought about the songs and that you wouldn't offend them if you didn't like something but you were treating it so seriously it touched them. 

You eventually looked up. "I seriously can't choose between Feel Good and Jelly." 

They were surprised. "I thought you would like Diamond more?" Irene knew of your genre preferences and you usually preferred this type of songs. 

"I don't know... you both made these two songs more appealing to me," you gave them a wide grin and they cooed, finding you adorable. They were thankful that you could come with today and provide the calm atmosphere they needed.

Seulgi turned back around and Irene gave you one last pinch as they were approaching the venue. "You're the best."

You gave her your warm smile, pecking the side of her head and bringing her closer to your embrace whilst being careful of her clothes. "You got this, Unnie, I trust you." 

It was just what she needed to hear.  

 

The Vlive was starting and they were having fun showing the snippets of the songs and the spoiler dance for Monster. You, on the other hand, was behind all the cameras making sure they knew you were there, giving them thumbs up and grins whenever you thought they needed the support. They always reciprocated with their own smiles and grins, making the fans wonder who was actually behind the camera. The fans that knew you already guessed it was probably you, knowing how Irene would have you in her line of sight when she could. The comments made both of them grin.

"Yes, we do have that tall person behind the cameras, giving us support." 

Seulgi's comment made you laugh, which the mic picked up and that resulted in the fans freaking out and spamming the comments with your name and how you were actually there.

"Yah, you're making the fans focus on you now. This is our event, you know." Irene just had to tease you, making you smirk in reply. 

You blew them both a kiss and they laughed out loud, making the fans wonder what you did to make them laugh that hard. 

"Thank you, Eli-ah, for the kiss." 

That answered the fans' question and they freaked out even more, making you smile and the staff to chuckle, shaking their heads in amusement.

There's never peace whenever you're around. They appreciated you being there though, as they could see how the stars of the hour were eased by your presence, making them more natural and less nervous in front of the camera. 

You opened your phone and connected to your own Vlive account, commenting once: 'You love me. Stream Monster, everyone! That's an order.'

You then opened Red Velvet's group chat and reminded your older and younger sisters. 'Don't forget to post! Let's all post on our stories and support Seulrene :D'

They all replied within seconds, already having their phones in their hands ready to post the minute you reminded them. 

'Don't worry, I have my post ready :)' 

'We're on it, dongsaeng-ah! Don't forget to post yours too!' Yes, Joy, how could you forget?

'Unnie, I'm ready! Let's post right now.' 

You giggled then opened your Instagram, uploading the picture you had edited earlier and making sure you put the hashtag they were using on Twitter.

'Luvies, please listen to Monster a lot and support my guardian, Irene, and my older sister, Seulgi!'

All you had to do now was to wait for the actual music video to come out. You can't wait.