Didn't Expect That, Did You?

The Life of the Sixth Member

You made sure to stay silent as you made your way up the stairs towards the apartment door, making sure the older girls didn't know who was coming to their "party". You knew the staff hadn't told them who they were inviting as their guests so you wanted to surprise them good. You didn't come empty-handed of course, you made sure to bring Irene's and Seulgi's favourite slices of cakes as you knew Moonbyul was already bringing Irene's favourite food, tteokbokki. 

You were contacted by the LUP PD that she wanted to invite two guests over to Aseul's Level Up Project and knowing how close you were to Irene, they knew you were the best choice for it. You agreed immediately, asking who the second person was so you could arrange something with them before coming by. She said they were thinking about Moonbyul from Mamamoo because she's the closest friend Seulgi has, aside from Wendy of course, so they thought of asking her. You nodded, even asking the PD if she needed any help in asking, determined to have her in the show. 

"It's okay, Eli-ah," PD-nim smiled, ruffling your hair a bit making you scrunch up your nose cutely. She grinned, internally cooing at how adorable you were even though you have claimed the opposite numerous times. "I'll let you know if she says yes. Thank you for the offer."

Once you made your way to the fifth floor where you can already tell the door was open, you quietly made your way towards it. You tried to listen to the sounds from inside the apartment but heard some faint mumbles and some giggling, and you can just guess that the two were hiding behind something as of to surprise the upcoming guest. You smirked, opening the door quietly even the mic didn't pick up any sounds and made your way in. You could see the top of their heads from behind the kitchen counter so you huffed out a laugh whilst making your way to the side of the kitchen counter, bringing your finger up in front of your mouth and gesturing for the staff to not make a sound. 

"Had they came in yet?" Irene's whispers could be heard and you suppressed your laugh though a mischievous smile made its way onto your lips. 

"I didn't hear anything, should we check?" Seulgi replied and before any of them could stand up, you made your presence known.

"Hello," you said it in such a deep voice it startled them, causing Irene to jump slightly while Seulgi immediately turned her head towards where you were, a hand on her chest.

"Elizabeth!" Irene's scolding made the staff laugh behind all the cameras whilst you laughed out loud, figure relaxing at the sight of your guardian and your first sister. 

"Didn't expect that, did you?" 

Irene and Seulgi quickly stood up and made their way towards you, your arms already open to welcome them in your warm embrace. Irene snuggled into your right side while Seulgi into your left, looking so cute the staff had to coo at the sight. Irene still slapped your stomach for scaring her though, which caused you to laugh. 

"I'm sorry, Irene-unnie. I saw the chance and I took it." 

You looked down to see Irene's pout and she slapped your stomach again before slightly pulling back from the hug. 

"What are you doing here?" Seulgi inquired and you giggled, patting both their heads after putting the box you were carrying on top of the counter. 

"I'm your guest!"

They both pulled back from the hug and looked towards the box you carried earlier, Seulgi looking inside the box and beginning to fumble with it while Irene focused on you, a slight frown on her face. 

"I called you earlier, why didn't you answer?" 

Your relaxed smile turned into a concerned frown, taking the phone out of your back pocket. "You did?" You mumbled while looking down at the phone, Irene watching you closely. You always answer your phone so she was quite worried when she didn't receive an answer when she called. You looked up and gave her an apologetic smile, "I'm sorry Hyun-unnie, I put it on silent on the way here." 

Her real name slipped out but she just smiled, accepting the answer with a relieved smile on her face. "Yah, you made me worry. Don't do that again, you hear me?" 

You nodded immediately with a serious expression, knowing how worried she could be when it comes to you and the rest of the members. "Yes, Ma'am." 

The interaction made the staff smile before Seulgi interrupted you both. "Unnie, Eli brought our favourite cakes!" 

Irene's attention was immediately diverted towards the box, opening the lid to see what was inside. "Wow, thank you, Eli-ah!"

"Anything for you both," you answered with your genuine warm smile, making them tiptoe to pat your cheeks lovingly. 

They were glad you were there to celebrate with them. 

 

After Moonbyul had arrived with Irene's beloved tteokbokki, the four of you moved towards the "living room" table to eat and play games. Through this episode, the audience can really tell how close the four of you were even though you don't really interact in public. 

"Eli-ssi," PD-nim called after the laughter had died down. You and Moonbyul were having too much fun teasing the stars of the show. You turned your head towards her from where you were sitting in front of Irene. "What did you think when you first found out that Irene and Seulgi were going to be in a sub-unit?" 

You looked at Seulgi who was sitting beside you with a warm smile on your face before turning towards Irene, catching the love in her gaze though you could read her curiosity at what you really thought. You gave her a wink before turning towards the PD who was sitting behind the main camera, essentially turning towards the camera. 

"I was really... relieved," the answer made both Irene and Seulgi frown in confusion. "I know they had been wanting to perform in a sub-unit for a while now and I know this would really let them shine, really show their talents, you know?" You shrugged cooly and Moonbyul nodded, agreeing with you. She knew what it felt like to be able to show her own talents in her solo projects. 

"Aww, Eli-ah," Seulgi scooted closer to your seat to wrap her arms around your shoulders, hugging you affectionately. You laughed but hugged back nonetheless, arms around her waist in a warm embrace. "That means a lot to me, to us. We could never get to this point without the support of you guys." 

You squeezed her tighter before letting go of the hug, looking at Seulgi lovingly. "Of course, Unnie. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else." 

It was silent before the moment was broken by Irene's loud, "I want a hug too!" which made all of you laugh, you smiling lovingly at the adorable pout she had on her face. You immediately stood up to go where she was, leaning down to literally engulf her due to your height difference. The sight made Moonbyul coo, a teasing glint in her eyes. 

"Unnie, I told you you were small!" 

That made everyone laugh, including you. You hugged your guardian tighter, whispering an "I love you, my sunshine" lowly in her ear before pulling back from the embrace, going back to your seat. You smirked at the blush she had on her cheeks. She didn't even retaliate Moonbyul's teasings. 

"Byul-unnie, you know you're not that tall, right?" You decided to do it for her, causing Irene and Seulgi to laugh loudly and the girl at the other end of the teasing to yelp, eyes wide in surprise. 

"YAH! I thought you were on my side!" You only giggled in response before giving her finger guns just like she liked to do. 

Moonbyul shook her head in mock disappointment. "I keep getting used here. Can I go yet?" 

That brought another bout of laughter throughout the room. At the end of it you managed to yell a, "You can just don't tell Solar-unnie or she won't let me hang out with you anymore!"

 

After the taping was done, you made your way to the door with the cool Converse shoes given by Seulgi and the purple pot base from Irene with a bittersweet smile on your lips. Due to the current situation, the members had been staying at their own homes so you were the only one left at the dorms, for the first time living alone. Irene visited from time to time but it felt different from when you were all living there together. 

"Thank you for having me today. It was really fun. I'll definitely support Aseul!" Moonbyul ended that with a short hug for Seulgi and Irene and a first-bump with you, bowing to the staff before going out the door. She had another schedule after this so she, unfortunately, couldn't stay longer. 

When it came to you, Seulgi and Irene were looking at you with sad pouts on their lips. "Do you really have to go?"

You gave them a sad smile, putting the gift bag on the floor so your hands could be freer. "I really don't want to but I know you have more things to do so it's better if I do." You wrapped both arms around them to bring them into a group hug, feeling them melt into your embrace. "You know where I'll be, you can come over any time." 

They snuggled even closer and the staff made sure they captured the sweet moments. It's really heartwarming to see the true relationship between the Red Velvet members because you never know, sometimes members of the same groups don't really get along. 

Seulgi pulled back first to see look up at you with her signature grin, eyes turning into crescents. "I'll be sure to visit you when I'm free from schedules, dongsaeng-ah!" 

You hugged Irene tighter whilst giving Seulgi a childish grin. "I'll hold you to that, Seulgi-unnie!" 

Irene knew it was time for her to let go but she really didn't want to, only melting even further into the hug. You focused on her now, leaning down a little so you could put your head on her shoulder, snuggling into her neck. 

"I'm so proud of you, Hyun-unnie. We're all so proud and happy to see you so happy." 

Irene's eyes watered in response and she whined into your shoulder, stomping her feet a little. You chuckled at her response. "Why do you have to say such sweet things, El? Do you like making me cry that much?!" 

You chuckled further and so did Seulgi as she stood closer so she could pat the leader's head softly. She scooted away again after that, knowing it was the moment for the two closest members. 

"It's okay to cry, Hyun-unnie. I'll always be there to hold you and make you feel better." 

Irene blushed and shook her head in an attempt to erase the tears that were beginning to trickle down her face. "You are so cheesy." 

She made sure there were no traces of tears when she pulled back from the hug a little with a bashful smile, punching your shoulder in retaliation. 

"You love it," you gave her a wink before leaning closer, giving the side of her head a loving kiss. "I love you." 

She tiptoed to kiss your cheek this time, pulling back with a soft "I love you too" before standing beside her friend of 11 years. 

You gave the two your signature warm smile before bowing at the staff. "Please take care of Hyun-unnie and Seulgi-unnie. Thank you for inviting me here."

The staff all bowed back and the PD came closer to where the three of you were, coming closer to give you a brief hug. "Thank you for being here, Eli-ah. You're the right choice." 

Hearing that response you couldn't help but , eyes glinting in the light. "Aw, Unnie you're making me shy," which earned you a punch on the arm from her and an "Ew, what a flirt," from your members. 

"Let me know if you need any help, Unnie. I can give you some ideas for a spin-off," You then gave her a cheesy wink, causing her to shake her head in amusement. 

You then bowed one more time before collecting the bag from the floor, giving Seulgi a pat on her cheek and Irene a squeeze on her hand before making your way out the door. 

As you were leaving, you could hear your members following you out with shouts of "Please be careful!" "Eat good, Eli-ah! Please be safe!" "See you soon!" "I'll be staying this weekend, El!" 

You had reached the stairs by that point but you stopped, turning around to look up at the two waving figure. "We'll have fun, then, Hyun-unnie! Bye Seulgi-unnie!" 

The two of them waited until you were out of sight before turning back around, letting out a collective sigh. 

"I miss her already." 

"Me too. Should I stay with you guys this weekend too?"

"No! It's my time to be with her!" 

"But I want to spend time with her too!" 

"Then find some other time!" 

Oh, to be fought over by two of South Korea's hottest female idols. What a time to be alive.