Friends

The Life of the Sixth Member

"Unnie, is it okay if I appear in their VLive?" 

Irene hummed in thought. "I think it's fine as long as you don't say anything about our comeback that hasn't been announced yet." 

You pondered for a bit. "So if they ask about the date and concept it's okay, right?" 

She giggled at your nervous tone. "Yes, it's okay Eli. If you're nervous about saying something then just don't say at all, how about that? You can just say that they'll know eventually." 

You stayed silent, thinking over her answer. 

"Just have fun with them, answer casual questions, I trust you'll be fine." 

You eventually sighed. "Okay, Unnie. Thanks for the trust I hope I won't let you down and say something wrong." 

Irene softened at that. "You've never let me down before, Eli, I doubt you'll start now. Go, have fun." 

You smiled. "Okay, thank you Unnie I love you." 

"I love you too, see you in two days." 

You grinned, happy she's coming home soon. "See you!" 

You hung up and turned towards your friends who were looking at you anxiously. 

"So? Did she say yes?" 

You stayed silent before cheering. "She said yes!" 

They both cheered with you. "This should be fun! We haven't had any guest in our VLive so you're the first one!" 

You gasped dramatically. "As I should be! Am I not your best friend?" 

The strawberry blonde laughed, throwing her head back. "Yes you are, so you better feel special." 

You shook your head in amusement. "Sure, sure whatever you say. Are we gonna start now?" 

The other blonde nodded furiously. "Let's do it on my phone, then. You'll come in when I call you, okay?" 

You nodded seriously though you felt like laughing at her serious expression. "You got it, Boss."

"Okay, we're live!" Lisa announced, bringing her phone so it'll capture both her and Rosé. 

"Blink! How are you?" Rosé started the conversation, leaning closer to the phone to see if anyone had tuned in yet. 

They stayed silent for a few seconds. "Oh, people are starting to come! Hello, everyone!" 

"We are in my room right now and we have the first-ever guest on our VLive!" Lisa started. 

Rosé continued, "But we'll only invite them when we get to one thousand views so come over here and let's chat!" 

Your eyes widened. "One thousand? How long would that take?" you mouthed to them behind the camera.

Lisa turned the camera slightly so only Rosé was in frame. "Not long, we're already in the five hundred." 

You nodded, amazed. "Wow." 

"Hi, Indonesia! Hi, Singapore! Wow, there are a lot of you guys there." Lisa turned back the phone so she's seen as well. 

Rosé gasped. "We already have more than one thousand! Okay, are you ready?" She looked at you and you nodded in response.

"Lisa?" 

She nodded. "Right. This person is our best friend outside of Blackpink and people often don't realise that we're close. Can anyone guess?" 

A list of names started to come up on the chat and they began to see your name popping up as well. 

"We see one correct answer! Okay, let's not wait any longer and welcome her!" They gestured for you to come and you sat beside Lisa so she's in the middle.

"It's Eli from Red Velvet! Woo!" They both cheered and you laughed. 

You brought your hands up to do your group's greeting. "Happiness! Hello, I'm Red Velvet's Eli!" 

Your friends laughed. "Right, how are you doing today, Eli?" Rosé formed a mic with her hand and brought it up in front of your mouth, acting like a reporter. 

You giggled before going along. "I'm doing great now that we're together." 

Lisa squealed, her free hand covering as her eyes widened in surprise. "Omo that's so cheesy!" 

You laughed out loud. "Blame Wendy-unnie, she's the one who taught me to be this cheesy." 

Your friends shook their heads in amusement before looking at the phone again. 

"You can ask us questions, guys, we'll try to answer as best as we could." 

Not long after that, you saw a question that had your interest. "How did you all meet?" 

The three of you looked at each other before Rosé took the lead, looking back at the camera. "Well, Eli debuted first so we knew of her when we saw Red Velvet on TV. Then I found out that she's Australian and I was so excited!" She looked at you with a gleam in her eyes. 

Lisa nodded. "I remember her and Jennie-unnie shouting that you're Australian and that they have to get to know you." 

You laughed while Rosé blushed before nodding. "Yeah, so after Blackpink debuted and we met on a music award I approached her first and the rest is history." 

"Wow, I didn't know that! I remember seeing you walk up to me back then and I was like 'wow she's so pretty'. I was so happy that you came to me first cos if not we wouldn't be close now." 

They nodded, agreeing with you. 

You all turned back towards the phone to see the questions again before you felt your phone vibrated, indicating a text. You looked down at it to see a text that made your eyes widened slightly while the girls squealed at something. 

"Yeri, hello! Eli, Yeri says she's watching!" With that, you looked up and grinned widely. 

"Hello, Yerim-ah! Hello, Taeyeon-unnie! I just got your text!" 

Lisa and Rosé turned towards you with their eyes wide. "Taeyeon? Taeyeon-sunbaenim is watching?" Lisa whispered in amazement. 

You giggled and nodded, showing them your phone. "She just texted me, look." 

While they read your text, you turned back towards the chat again to see a comment from your group's official account. 

'Eli, how are you? I miss you so much! -Taeyeon' the comment read. Turns out she was watching with Yeri through your group's account.

You beamed back. "I miss you too, Unnie! I'm good, have you met Blackpink yet? If not, this is Lisa and Rosé," you gestured to said people accordingly, watching them fumble with a giggle. 

Both Lisa and Rosé bowed their heads in a polite greeting. "Hello, Taeyeon-sunbaenim, we're big fans!" 

You laughed out loud, shaking your head. "You've really never met her?" 

They both shook their heads no. "Never got the chance to. Thanks for introducing us." 

You giggled while shaking your head. "No worries, best friends." 

'Hahaha you guys are so funny. We'll sign out now, Eli. Talk to you soon~' 

You waved your hand bye. "Bye Taeyeon-unnie and Yeri! Thanks for coming over." You made a heart with your hands.

Lisa and Rosé just nodded in agreement, forming finger hearts with their fingers. "Thank you!" 

The rest of the VLive continued with the three of you answering questions from the fans. 

'What's your favourite snack?'

"I have a lot, can't choose one," the three of you had the same answer. 

'Where's Jisoo and Jennie?' 

"They're in their rooms, probably watching this, to be honest," Rosé responded and there was a yell of "yes!" in the background, making you laugh. 

'Eli we can't wait for Red Velvet's comeback!' 

You gleamed in happiness. "Me too! You guys are gonna love this comeback I promise," you winked. 

'Do the three of you hang out a lot?'

Lisa pouted. "Not as much as we wanted, considering all of us have different schedules. We have a group chat though." 

The three of you ended the VLive about half an hour after, noticing how late it had gotten. 

"Okay, everyone, we're gonna end this VLive here. Hope you have a good day and thank you for being here!" 

"Byeeee~" the three of you waved your hands in goodbye, ending the broadcast. 

You sighed in relief, looking at your best friends. "Thank you for having me in your VLive, it was fun." 

They nodded while side-hugging you at the same time. "Of course, Eli. Thank you for hanging out with us today. Are you staying over?" 

Lisa jumped up and down in eagerness after letting you go from her hug. "Please please please! You can stay in my room and we can get breakfast tomorrow!" 

You pouted. "I didn't bring any clothes though..." 

Rosé shook her head. "Just borrow from us, silly. It'll be fun, please? I'll ask Jisoo-unnie for permission right now," with that she dashed out of the room. 

You let out a sigh though there was a smile on your face. "Guess I'll be staying then. I'll send a text to my group so they won't be worried." 

Before you got to do so, Rosé ran into the room. "She said yes!" 

Lisa cheered, nudging you. "Hurry and text your group! I'm gonna go get snacks. Chaeyoung, can you get your laptop for the movies?" 

Rosé nodded, "Of course!" 

Impulsively, you grabbed both their wrists and they turned towards you. "Thank you for this. Thank you for making me feel better and being my friends."

They cooed. "Of course Eli, that's what best friends are for." 

You hugged them both tightly. You're glad you have them as your best friends.