NINE

From Slave To Lover

''Okay, it's time to go to sleep!'' 

I sit up straight and I point my ears. Is that Jin Mi who is yelling at the slaves to go in the barn? I let go of Hakyeon and get up from the bed, before I rush over to the window. Hakyeon soon joins me and down in the garden, Jin Mi is demanding the slaves to go in the barn. I am very surprised by Jin Mi's actions, because I thought that he was against slaves?

Hakyeon wraps his arms around me and burries his face into my chest. I wrap an arm around Hakyeon's neck and I hold him close. It's hard for me to let Hakyeon be a witness to this, because I am pretty sure that he has built a bond with these slaves. I sigh and it doesn't take long before I hear Hakyeon sob. I immediately wrap my other arm around his waist and I place a kiss on his temple.

''Shhh sweetheart. I know it looks painful and that it sounds like he doesn't care, but my brother is like most of us very much against my father keeping slaves. But I can hear in his voice that he doesn't want to sound rude, maybe my dad is watching him so that he sounds rude. Remember that my dad will never get his hands on you, as I will protect you with my entire life.'' I tell him to calm Hakyeon down and Hakyeon looks up with those teary eyes of his.

Seeing his teary eyes, makes my undead heart break. It kinda hurts to see Hakyeon like this, because I want him to be happy and not to be sad because of what my dad is doing with slaves. But I am going to cut this to an end as soon as I am taking the throne, because I am not a monster like the slaves think I am. I constantly have to prove that I am way different than my dad is and that I don't want to harm them, but my dad rather rips them apart.

''Y-You can't sacrifice yourself j-just for me, Taekwoon. I n-need you by my s-side.'' Hakyeon stutters and tears stream down his face. The arm that I had wrapped around his arm goes down to his waist and I pull him closer when both of my arms are around his waist.

''If I have to keep my father and my twin brothers away from you, then I'll do whatever it takes. Hakyeon, you are the first one ever that I love with my undead heart. I want you by my side and I will do whatever it takes to keep you there.'' I answer and I place a kiss on Hakyeon's forehead. I look down at Hakyeon's clothes and I bite my lip. I want to get Hakyeon out of these poor clothes, because I want to get rid off that title he has now. He is a slave and I want to get rid off that title, he has to turn into a good looking man next to a vampire prince.

Out of the blue, my dad bursts into the room and I feel his hands on my shoulders.

''Let go of that slave, Taekwoon! I never allowed you to be with him and yet you do so. I will kill him if you don't let go.'' my dad says with a loud voice and Hakyeon burries his face in my chest again. I look over my shoulder into the blood red eyes of my dad. Who the hell does he think he is?

My eyes turn red aswell and I start to breathe heavier, as my fangs appear.

''Never! I will never let go of him! You never have the right to tell me what I should and what I shouldn't do.'' I scream in a high-pitched voice and Hakyeon lets go of my waist to cover his ears. My dad starts to growl and stands behind Hakyeon within seconds. As soon as my dad places his hands on Hakyeon's shoulders, Hakyeon immediately wraps his arms around my waist again and my dad keeps pulling at him.

''You know that it's forbidden to fall in love with a slave and yet you start to date one. You have broken a rule you never were supposed to break, so both you and this slave are going to be punished for that.'' my dad hisses and without any hesitation, I sink my fangs into my dad's hand and he immediately lets go of Hakyeon as he is hissing in pain.

''Love doesn't know boundaries dad, so separating us isn't an option. Besides, all of us hate the way you treat the slaves. All of us, except for your angels Woo Jin and Ye Jun.'' I growl and I place a kiss on Hakyeon's temple. Hakyeon is trembling in my arms and hearing him cry ,because he is crying very loud right now, is breaking my undead heart.

I glare at my dad and my dad leaves the room, resulting in slamming the door.

''Shh Hakyeon, don't cry. My father is gone now, so he won't disturb us for now. I know it's time for the slaves to sleep, but I want you to sleep here with me. I don't allow you to return to the other slaves in the barn.'' I tell Hakyeon as I streak through his hair. Hakyeon's cries turn into sobs and he looks at me.

''Y-You still don't joke about that?'' Hakyeon stutters and I shake my head as a smile appears on my face.

''Hakyeon, I told you already that I can't lie. Everything I tell you is true, so I don't joke about what I told you.'' I giggle and Hakyeon starts to chuckle. I look at the clock in my room and I see that it's indeed time for the slaves to sleep, which is 9PM.

I walk with Hakyeon to the bed again and I let go of him, before I sit down on the bed. Hakyeon soon follows and he grabs my hand.

''Aigoo, that's right. You don't have sleeping wear with you right? So you can borrow some from me. And no, I don't joke about that too.'' I tell him and Hakyeon's eyes widen when he looks at me. He lets go of my hand and I get up again to walk over to my huge closet. I have a lot of clothes and I don't even wear most of it, so Hakyeon can borrow some of mine.

As soon as I find some sleeping wear, I walk back and I hand it over to Hakyeon.

''Come on, put it on. I am not going let you sleep in these clothes.'' I sit down next to Hakyeon and Hakyeon looks at me for a few seconds, before he gets up and walks to my private bathroom to get himself dressed. In the mean time, I get my bed ready for the two of us.

As soon as Hakyeon leaves the bathroom, he looks quite embarrassed but I keep smiling at him.

''You look adorable in it, Hakyeon. Come here, I'll stay with you when you're asleep.'' I tell Hakyeon and he looks up at me as a faint smile appears on his face. He walks over to the bed and sits down on it. I smile at him and I place a kiss on his cheek and on his temple. He looks adorable in the sleeping wear that I gave him. It's in the official colors of our family: Red and gold.

I push Hakyeon backwards and he lays down on the bed. Hakyeon pulls the blankets over him and I lay down next to him.

''Just go to sleep Hakyeon, I won't leave your side.'' I tell him and after he smiles at me, he closes his eyes and drifts to sleep.