THREE

From Slave To Lover

Someone knocks on the door, but I scream that they have to leave me alone. I really don't wanna talk to anyone now, because I feel like everything is a trick right now. It's been a couple of years since my dad is buying slaves and makes them suffer while they're working hard, but I cared about the slaves ever since my dad started to buy the human slaves. And whenever they do something that my dad doesn't approve, he sinks his fangs into their neck and all of the blood out of their body. No wonder why the slaves are scared of him. Sure, they must feel anger aswell but they are scared to show that they're angry.

The door opens and I feel a hand on my back. I growl, but don't feel the power to say that I want to be alone. I don't think I have the energy to say what I think.

''Taekwoon-ah, I'm sorry that my dad set this up to keep you away from the slaves. But dad can't stand it if you spend too much time with the slaves and he doesn't approve that you care about them, while the slaves don't deserve the love they get from you.'' Jin Mi says and I sigh. I still don't look up to him, because I still think that Jin Mi was involved in this.

''Come on Taekwoon, you can't blame dad forever for this. Besides, dad wants you to do this once he crowns you as the new king.'' Jin Mi tries to comfort me and I immediately raise my head to look at Jin Mi with anger shown in my eyes.

''As if I'm going to abuse slaves after purchasing them! I'm not crazy Jin Mi and you should know that!'' I yell and I sigh. Jin Mi sighs aswell and nods in guilt.

''I'm sorry Taekwoon, I indeed know that you aren't going to be like dad. I guess that I got effected yet again by the fact that dad is so proud of himself as it comes to the slaves.'' Jin Mi soon apologizes and rubs over my back. Jin Mi is indeed a very easy target for whatever my dad demands or whatever my dad has to say. But whenever I remind Jin Mi of my vision, Jin Mi soon apologizes and agrees with me. I don't really know on what side Jin Mi is on, but I don't care. I mean, Jin Mi isn't going to rule over this kingdom after my dad. 

I sit up straight and I brush through my hair with my hand, Jin Mi's eyes not leaving me. I look at Jin Mi and Jin Mi gets up from my bed.

''We should head downstairs to join mum and dad. Oh and change into something else.'' Jin Mi says and I raise an eyebrow. Change into something else? As in what? We're not recieving any visitors are we?

''Wait, what? Are we recieving any visitors or so? Why should I change into something else?'' I keep asking at Jin Mi and Jin Mi sighs, before he looks at me again.

''No, but a new group of slaves is coming in and we have to be there when they are brought in.'' Jin Mi says and leaves my bedroom, leaving me in confusion. Really? Are we getting new slaves so soon?

I walk over to my closet and I open it to see what I should put on. My dad always tells me to dress as fancy as possible whenever a new group of slaves is being brought in and I always have to stick to a certain dresscode: Jung Blue. Jung Blue is our dresscode and we have to wear blue clothes. Once I look through my closet and I pick a blue suit out of my closet. 

Once I changed into the blue suit, I walk downstairs and I join the rest of the family. Underneath my blue suit, I wear nothing so it's just my bare torso. I might look like a , but I like to walk around like this. And the funny thing of this all, is that my dad doesn't even say something about it.

''Looking good Taekwoon.'' Jin Mi says and I smile when I look at Jin Mi's clothes. Jin Mi is also wearing a suit, but his suit has a darker color and he wears a white blouse with a blue tie.

We're standing in the hallway and we have to wait for the slaves to enter the palace. Everytime my dad has bought new slaves, we have to get dressed in the dresscode and we have to gather around in the hallway. I always hate these moments, but my dad gives us a horrible treatment if we refuse to listen at him. My dad likes to be in charge of everything and you'll feel how much he likes to be in charge as soon as he punishes you.

Woo Jin and Ye Jun look at me and I hear them talk about me, so my eyes turn red and I look back at them. I learned from my dad to look with intimidating eyes to those who talk about you behind your back, because no one is supposed to talk bad about you behind your back. And in this case, Woo Jin and Ye Jun talk about me while they stand in front of me.

''Never heard what dad always taught me, Woo Jin? You shouldn't judge a book by its cover and the same counts for you, Ye Jun.'' I snarl and the two immediately keep their mouth shut, while turning back at the door in front of us. I guess they didn't appreciate the way I look now, but I don't care. I shouldn't care too much of what I wear, because I have my own rules I want to hold on tight. 

Then, a servant enters the palace and bows to us. We bow back and we look at the servant as he is announcing to us that the slaves have arrived. Ugh, great. A new group of slaves has arrived and my dad can't wait to kill them. But I want to make sure that their stay here is at least a bit pleasant, I don't want them to go through hell.

The slaves enter the palace and this group is pretty big, because I count at least 30 slaves. All of them look frightened and I understand this look on their face, because I would look like that too if I was one of them.  The servant demands the slaves to keep their mouth shut and to listen to my dad. My dad welcomes the slaves with his so called loving speech and I roll with my eyes already. My dad wants to win the trust of the slaves, but he kills them in the end.

''My son and the heir to the throne will show you where you will stay during this time.'' my dad announces and grabs my wrist. My dad pulls me towards him and the slaves look with fear in their eyes, but I ignore that. I don't mind I have to show the slaves where they have to sleep, because I'll see this as my chance to have a talk with the slaves and show them that I am nothing like my dad.

''Alright, follow me.'' I tell them and the slaves slowly follow me outside. The slaves always have to stay in a barn in the garden and I feel sorry for bringing them there, because it's quite small for all of them to sleep in. The slaves talk behind me about everything and they are scared to talk to me. Sure, I am from a higher title compared to them. But that doesn't mean I am more arrogant compared to them, I wanna be nice to them much to the annoyance of my dad.

''Alright, this is the place where you have to sleep at. My apologies that it's so small, but my father doesn't care about your wellbeing. Whatever my father told you in a sweet voice, is nothing more but a trap and is all a sweet lie. And all of you don't have to be afraid for me, because I do care about your wellbeing and I want to make your stay at least a bit pleasant.'' I tell the slaves and some already seem to calm down during my short speech. I then allow the slaves to get used to this barn a bit and they bow as their thank you to me. 

But one slave stands out to me, as he still is a bit uncomfortable around here. Much to my pleasure to be honest, because I really think he is cute when he looks like that. I walk over to him and I place a hand on his shoulder. The young man carefully looks at me with fear shown in his eyes and I smile at him, as my sign that he doesn't need to feel uncomfortable. I take him with me to an empty bed and the two of us sit down on it. God, he is so adorable. I want to make this slave to be mine. Thanks mum for your so called advice, but I think I have fallen for this slave.

''I know that my father intimidated you, but please don't feel intimidated by my father. He wants to let you work hard and he is going to punish you if you don't listen to him. And the sad truth on top of that, is that he is going to kill you once he has bought a new group of slaves.'' I tell him and the young man's eyes fill with tears. He looks at me and I nod as confirmation on what I just told him. The young man wants to lean with his head against my shoulder and looks at me to ask for permission.

''Come on, don't be afraid. I'll tell you once it crosses my limits.'' I tell him and the young man smiles, before his head rests against my shoulder. I hate to see tears on the faces of the slaves, because they know what kind of life they have here. Once it's my time to rule, it's gonna be different. I don't want to make them suffer any longer, this has to stop.

''What is your name, if I may ask?'' I ask the young man and he carefully looks up at me. He is surprised that a royal vampire prince like me asks for his name, so I kinda understands why he looks at me like that. 

''M-My name is Hakyeon, Your Majesty.'' the young man answers and I hear his heart beat in my ears. He is scared, I can tell. He has all the right to be scared to my dad, but he shouldn't be scared around me. Hakyeon's eyes fill with tears yet again and tears stream down his face.

''Hakyeon, please. Calm down. Don't be scared around me, I don't want you to. I will do everything to keep my father away from you, I want to do everything to keep you safe. I love you Hakyeon.'' I whisper and Hakyeon's eyes widen. He is surprised that I told him that I love him, but I already love him. Ugh, I hate this so much. Hakyeon is a slave who is going to be killed by my dad, so I have to keep my dad away from him.

I look at the other slaves and I tell them that they are free to go, but they have to be in the hallway again at diner time. The slaves nod and they leave the barn, leaving me and Hakyeon behind.

''Y-You're kidding right, Your Majesty? How can you love a slave like me? I am worth nothing.'' Hakyeon stutters and I wrap my arms around him to pull him closer. If my heart would beat, it would beat like crazy right now. I rub over Hakyeon's back and I soothe him to calm him down.

''Hakyeon, vampires like me can't lie. So whatever I tell you, is true. The fact that I told you that I love you, is no lie. Too bad that my father can cover up whenever he lies, but I can't lie.'' I tell Hakyeon and I smile, baring my fangs a little. Hakyeon seems to calm down now and I feel relieved, because this is the state I want the slaves to be in.

My face comes closer to Hakyeon's and I start to kiss him. Hakyeon tries to pull me away, but leans in later on. He carefully wraps an arm around my waist and I smile. The kiss doesn't last long, as I slowly pull back and I keep smiling at Hakyeon.

''Never forget that I told you that I love you. Whenever my father punishes you, think of what I told you here. But I will try to make sure that my dad doesn't even touch you, because you are going to be mine.'' I tell him and Hakyeon faintly smiles. I hate it to much that I have fallen for Hakyeon, because I know that my dad will do everything to punish Hakyeon and he will harm me even worse.

I have fallen for a slave...

A/N This chapter is longer comparing to the other two, but I had so much in mind for this one. I hope that you guys like this one as much as the other two.