TWENTY-SEVEN

From Slave To Lover

Shortly after we finish breakfast, the slaves are allowed to go to work and they leave the diningroom. I have talked with them about how they feel now compared to when they were brought in as slaves. They clearly explained that they were scared when my dad was threatening them that he was going to kill them and that they were scared to do anything wrong. And as soon as they were asleep, my dad went on the barn to check if they were actually asleep. When a slave pretended to be asleep, my dad would take that slave out of the barn and kill that slave.

They also explained that when I fell in love with Hakyeon, that they had a bit of hope that they were going to be saved. Ofcourse, it was weird for them that Hakyeon didn't spend the nights in the barn. But they understood it when they heard and noticed that Hakyeon and I were dating, because I was focussing on protecting Hakyeon. And they were happy that I was thinking about them and tried to make it a bit comfortable for them to be here. Now that I'm the king, they are glad that I give them more freedom and that they are slowly letting go of the title 'slave'. They become more like the 'workers'.

Hakyeon and I get up and we leave the diningroom. Shortly after we arrive in the hallway, a group of men is waiting for me in the hallway. Wait, this early already? And if they had a bond with my dad, why weren't they at the wedding to get introduced to me and Hakyeon?

''Goodmorning Your Majesty. I understand that it's early to show up, but we are here to get to know you better. We are deeply sorry that we didn't attend your wedding, but we unfortunately had other plans that couldn't be cancelled. Let us introduce yourselves please.'' one of the four men says and he bows, shortly before Hakyeon and I bow in response.

The man introduce themselves as Hongbin, Jaehwan, Sanhyuk and Wonshik. The four men tell me that they are important business partners of my family and they admit that they are very happy to see that I have taken over the crown, because they weren't happy with the way my dad ruled over the kingdom. Now that I have taken over the crown, they want to know more of me and they want to know my vision on certain things.

The six of us make our way to the livingroom and the four men take a seat on the chairs at the same time that Hakyeon and I take a seat at the couch. Hakyeon grabs my hand, but remains to stay formal. In the time that I learnt him how to act like a prince, I learnt him that he shouldn't be glued on me whenever we are meeting with important vampires. And after a few mistakes, Hakyeon learned well to act formal towards the important vampires.

''What exactly had happened to your father? We heard a few snippets, but we didn't hear the full story.'' Wonshik says and I look at him. Hmm, he must've heard the rumors then. Because rumors did say that my dad was murdered, but the rumors didn't say what happened. So I understand that they want to know what had happened.

''The vampires gathered in front of the gates and they wanted my father to step down as the king. They wanted him to stop killing slaves and they wanted that my father was going to listen to them, but my father refused to do so. So my youngest brothers joined him when he went outside and some vampires managed to kill them. I believe they were killed by they were ripped apart.'' I tell the four men and they nod. The story is finally clear to them and they finally know how my dad's life came to an end.

''And if I'm right, this gentlemen next to you used to be one of those slaves that we have seen already?'' Hongbin asks and points at Hakyeon. I nod and I look at Hakyeon, before I look back at Hongbin.

''Yes, he used to be one of those slaves. But he hasn't done any work here, because I fell in love with him at the day that this group was brought in. Right at that day, I kept him apart from the slaves and I made him trust me. That was my first goal. And he loved me as much as I loved him when we confessed to each other. He is still human, but I will turn him in a vampire once the time is there.'' I answer Hongbin's question and Hongbin looks at Hakyeon.

It clearly shows that the four men are interested in Hakyeon and that they are curious how Hakyeon is going to be in terms of doing businesses with them, because Hakyeon is the first human they deal with other than a feeding source.

When I look at the other three men, I can see that Wonshik looks with an interesting face at Hakyeon. I don't know what Wonshik is thinking and I don't know what I should make up out of his face.

''Well, I can tell that we are very much looking forward to doing business with a human. And we will promise that we will not harm him, now that we know that he is your husband.'' Jaehwan says and I nod. It's good to know that they realise that Hakyeon belongs to me, because they were dead if they didn't know that he is my husband.

''But let's talk about you, Your Majesty. How are you going to rule over this kingdom? Are you going to be as cold as the previous king or are you going to be more down to Earth?'' Sanhyuk says and the four men look at me. Oh come on, they still don't know that? Oh wait, they never met me and I never met them.

''I definitely will be more down to Earth, because I don't want to keep the same distance between me and the vampires. I made the promise to stay loyal to the vampires and I want to know more about what they want to want to change or what they expect of me.'' I tell the four men and it's Hongbin who bends forward in his seat, before he sits up straight again.

''I am looking forward to do businesses with you, Your Majesty. I am looking forward to see what kind of king you are like, to see if you are different compared to the former king.'' Hongbin says and I faintly smile at him. Good to know that they have a bit of faith in me, because that's important for me.