TWENTY-FOUR

From Slave To Lover

Once all the guests left, the guard closes the door of the ballroom and turns towards us. He bows and makes his way through the hallway outside. I sigh when I notice the emptiness in the ballroom, because this makes me realise that my life has changed for good. I'm the one where the vampires look up to and they also look up to Hakyeon.

''Well Taekwoon, it's official right now. You're the king and Hakyeon is on your side. So that means that we will move to a smaller palace, but the slaves will stay with you.'' my mum says and pulls me in for a hug. I still can't believe that I have the highest position right now and I think that Hakyeon has to pinch me sometimes to make me believe that I am the king at this moment.

After my mum lets go of me, my siblings pull me into a hug aswell.

''You're going to do a great job, Taekwoon. The vampires are going to love you.'' Jin Mi says and smiles when they let go of me. We'll see how I'll do it, but Hakyeon will help me.

''As long as Hakyeon is on my side, I hope that I can fulfill my position.'' I tell them and Hakyeon kisses my cheek. I can't wait to feel that warm body upon mine again, that's what I love about Hakyeon as a human. I'm going to miss that when I'll turn him into a vampire.

''I won't leave your side, Taekwoon. Back at the cathedral, I made the promise to you to stay by your side until death do us part. Well, cut off that last part. Because I'll become a vampire anyways.'' Hakyeon says and smiles when we look at each other. My mum and my siblings say 'ah' like a choir and I giggle when I look at them.

''Let's go to the livingroom, shall we?'' my mum asks and we walk to the livingroom. Hakyeon is holding my hand tight and his head rests on my shoulder. I smile when I look at him. I'm glad that I married Hakyeon, because he was there when I needed him and I made the right decision to fall in love with him.

Once at the livingroom, Hakyeon and I take a seat at the couch and the remaining family members take a seat at the other seats in the room. Hakyeon hasn't let go of my hand and his head hasn't left my shoulder either.

''I never joked about my words, did I Taekwoon?'' my mum asks and I look at her, while I giggle. I didn't want to believe it at first, but I realised later on that my mum was right all this time.

''You were right all this time mum. I didn't believe you at first, but I now realise how true those words were since you said them out loud.'' I say and I look at Hakyeon, who smiles at me as soon as he looks up. I love this boy so much, I'm glad he'll stay with me forever.

Hakyeon has wrapped an arm around my neck and I moan a little when I feel the warmth in my neck, while I bare my fangs at the same time. My mum giggles and I throw my head back.

''This is what helped me to recover from the wound I got from dad. Hakyeon's human warmth helped me to forget about the pain and made me relax.'' I say and the moans are still heard.

''I see that now and it's good to see that Hakyeon is such a positive influence on you.'' my mum says and Jin Mi is the one who giggles now. Hakyeon places another kiss on my cheek and giggles.

''I'm looking forward to attend our first official meeting, because I can't wait to make our first official appearance in public as a married royal couple.'' Hakyeon says and I nod. I'm quite nervous to attend our first meeting as a married couple, but I'm kinda excited aswell.

''And you are going to do very well, Taekwoon. You are going to be a very important person at the events, because everyone is looking forward to see how the heir is going to step up as a king.'' my mum says and I smile when I look at her. Good to know that my mum tries to encourage me, because I definitely might need it.

''Thanks mum, I really need it.'' I tell her and I can see that Hakyeon nods in the corner of my eye. All eyes are definitely going to be on me. When I attended meetings with my dad, all eyes were on my dad. But the eyes were looking at me aswell, because the vampires were going to have expectations of me. They wanted to me to be as good as my dad when I was planned to take the crown from my dad.

I really hope that I can fulfill that position and I hope that I will fulfill their expectations that the vampires had. But I'm sure that they also will look at Hakyeon, because Hakyeon is the first human king that is ruling over this kingdom.

Hakyeon sits down on my lap and his arm isn't leaving my neck. Hakyeon is proud of me to become this far in my entire life, but I am proud of him in return. Hakyeon was a slave that was brought in here and I helped him to change into a king, but he also worked on it himself... by falling in love with me.

''Now I want to ask a serious question. Because when are you planning to turn Hakyeon? I know that it's quick to ask this, but he has to become one of us one day.'' Jin Mi says and I look at him. I don't know when I wanna turn him, but not now. I got married to him and he was crowned as a king, so why should I think of that right now?

''I don't know Jin Mi, but not now. I still have to think of the day when I am going to turn him, but I want you guys to be there.'' I tell him and Jin Mi nods. Hakyeon looks at me and nods aswell. Hakyeon knows that this decision is up to me, but I have to know from him when he is ready to make the permanent decision.

''We'll think of it later, Jin Mi. It's too early to make such a decision now.'' Hakyeon adds and Jin Mi raises his thumb. He is glad that Hakyeon is speaking about what is going on in his mind right now.

''Good to know Hakyeon, but let us know when you are ready. Because we really want to be a part of this moment that is going to change your life for good.'' my mum says and Hakyeon nods, before he raises his thumb aswell.

I'm glad that Hakyeon is going to conside when he wants me to turn him, he has to choose the right time for that.