TWENTY-TWO

From Slave To Lover

After our dance, the party continues and lots of guests come over to us to congratulate us. To Hakyeon, it still feels unreal that he started at the bottom as a slave and ended as a married man and a king. But there's one more thing Hakyeon has to prepare for... the moment that I will turn him. And Hakyeon knows that this is waiting for him, but I won't do it right now. I want Hakyeon to get used to his new life first, before I'll turn him.

The slaves enter the ballroom and they all gather in front of Hakyeon. All of them are happy that Hakyeon is safe with someone he loves.

''But Your Majesty, what is going to happen to us? Do we have to go back to the human world or do you would like to keep us?'' Hwang Jun asks when he looks at me and all the other slaves look at me aswell.

''Hakyeon and I talked about that in the carriage on our way here, because Hakyeon wondered the same thing. But we'll keep you here until you die because of natural causes. Hakyeon told me that the maids really appreciate your help, so that was the reason why I decided to keep all of you.'' I tell them and the slaves look at me with a happy expression on their face.

''Thank you very much, Your Majesty. We really appreciate your decision and we promise to work hard for you, your family and the maids.'' another slave says and I smile at them. I'm glad that they feel relieved and I'm glad they no longer feel scared for what my dad is about to do. Because my dad is no longer around and I am the new king over the kingdom, with Hakyeon next to me.

The slaves help out the maids with serving the guests and you can tell that the maids really appreciate it, so I'm glad I made the decision to keep the slaves here.

''You made them very happy Taekwoon, I'm glad you listened to their deepest desires and took that in consideration.'' Hakyeon says and he places a kiss on my cheek.

''You know how I think about the slaves and you know how comfortable they feel around me, so the choice wasn't that hard. And these slaves are the very last ones I want to keep, because I am not going to continue with this horrible tradition of my dad.'' I say and Hakyeon smiles. He is glad that I saved the group of slaves that he was a part of.

Then, a maid comes over to us and hands us a glass of blood and a glass of champagne. We thank her when we take the glasses and she walks away.

''To us Hakyeon.'' I say and Hakyeon smiles when he looks at me.

''To us Taekwoon.'' Hakyeon replies and we take a sip from our drink. Hakyeon grabs my hand and he starts to smile during his drink.

Then, my mum walks over to us and my mum pulls both of us in for a hug one by one.

''Congratulations you two. I hope for you ,Hakyeon, that Taekwoon will take good care of you and that he stays loyal to you.'' my mum says and smiles. Hakyeon and I start to smile aswell and I pull Hakyeon closer.

''You don't have to worry about Taekwoon not taking care of me, because we wouldn't be here if your son didn't take care of me in the time that I was a slave.'' Hakyeon says and looks at me, before he starts to kiss my cheek again. My mum smiles brighter and looks at me. She is glad that I stayed loyal to someone like Hakyeon and that I didn't give up on him when my dad did everything to separate us.

My mum takes a necklace out of her pocket and she applies the necklace around my neck.

''This is another part of the jewelry that the Jung family owns. For centuries, this necklace has been very important to the family and I am happy to give it to you Taekwoon.'' my mum says and I take a look at the necklace. It's a silver necklace with a crown on it in which is written 'Jung'.

''Thanks mum.'' I tell her and Hakyeon takes a closer look to the necklace. Now that I'm the king of a huge kingdom, I inherit a lot of stuff from my family. 

''You're welcome, Taekwoon. I am pretty sure that you're going to be an amazing king, especially with Hakyeon next to you.'' my mum says and pulls us one by one in for a hug, before she walks away to talk with some important guests.

''My goodness Taekwoon, you have a very wealthy family. I didn't expect that you inherit so much of your family.'' Hakyeon says and I nod. I knew that I was going to inherit a lot once it was my time to rule, but I wasn't expecting that I was going to inherit a lot of jewelry which were treated as treasures by my family.

''I knew that I would recieve a lot of everything that I was going to inherit, but not that I would get a special piece of jewelry.'' I tell him and I take a look at the necklace, before I take another sip from my drink.

I'm looking forward to have a meal with all of the guests, because the relationships I have with some of them will grow stronger. And it's important to have strong relationships with important vampires, because I'll meet them at important events. And if everyone is having dinner at long tables, a lot of intimate conversations start to grow.

And in our kingdom, it's a tradition for the royal family to have dinner with all of the guests. I'm not that talkative, but I have to now that I'm the king of our kingdom. I guess that Hakyeon will feel a bit uncomfortable at first with all of the guests looking at him, but he is quite talkative and he will have some easy conversations. So Hakyeon will be fine.

''Congratulations, Your Majesty. I hope for you and your husband that you will have a wonderful life together.'' Changmin says when he approaches us and bows. Hakyeon and I bow aswell and I smile at Changmin.

''Thank you Changmin, I really appreciate it.'' I tell him and Changmin bows shortly yet again. Changmin is one of the best ministers we have and he once replaced the former minister of finances, who used a lot of money for his own good. But when Changmin replaced him, my dad trusted him and Changmin proved that he was the best minister of finances my dad had ever worked with. And he was right all the time.

''Your Majesty, what is going to happen to the slaves that walk around here? You said you were going to end the tradition of the former king.'' Changmin says and I nod when I look at him.

''The slaves that walk around here, will be here until they die by natural causes. I am not going to buy new slaves, because I can't hurt innocent souls.'' I answer and Changmin nods. Changmin never was a fan of my dad keeping slaves, but my dad didn't care about everyone else's opinion.

''That's incredible to hear, Your Majesty. Now, I'll have to meet someone so I will leave you two. Have a wonderful time together and I will see you around dinnertime.'' Changmin says and walks away after he bowed yet again.

Hakyeon rubs over my hand and looks at me with a smile.

''You're very loved here, I noticed.'' Hakyeon says and I giggle. I'm not just the apple of my parents' eye, but also of the vampires.

A/N The first part was written during marketing class as I had nothing to do. But I worked on the rest during math, I just wanted to have this one finished.