TWENTY-ONE

From Slave To Lover

The ride to the palace is quiet. Hakyeon is still in disbelief that we are married ánd that we are the kings of a vampire kingdom. Hakyeon doesn't have to worry yet that I'll turn him into a vampire, because I wanna wait a year I think. But if Hakyeon wants to become a vampire sooner, then it's his decision and I have to accept that.

''You knew about it that we were going to be crowned?'' Hakyeon asks and looks at me. I nod and I smirk when I look at him.

''I wanted to keep it as a surprise to you, but I was as surprised as you were when my mum told me.'' I tell him and Hakyeon nods. For now, we have a lot more weight on our shoulders and our life is going to be a lot busier than it already was. We have to go to meetings, we have to organise a meeting, we have to show up at important events et cetera. And on top of that, I'm in charge now of what is going to happen to the slaves that we still keep at the palace.

''What are we going to do with the slaves Taekwoon? They are our responsibility now.'' Hakyeon says to change the subject. I sigh and I look at him. I want to keep them, but I also want to let them return to the human world. I want to give them their life back.

''I don't know Hakyeon, I absolutely don't know. I mean, I wanna keep them but I wanna give them their life back at the same time.'' I say and Hakyeon's head rests on my shoulder.

''Maybe they can stay here until they die in a natural way, because the staff and the maids are happy with all the help they get from the slaves.'' Hakyeon says and I sigh, shortly before I nod. Maybe we could do that, because I'm sure that both the slaves and Hakyeon don't wanna say goodbye to each other yet.

Hakyeon sits up straight again and places his hand on my right cheek, before he pulls my face into his direction.

''I'm so happy that you saved me from your father's actions and that you took me as how I am. You are mine now.'' Hakyeon says and giggles, before he starts to kiss me. I wrap an arm around Hakyeon's waist and I rub over his side. I'm glad that Hakyeon doesn't care about my cold skin and that he doesn't care that I'm a vampire, because that is the most important to me.

Hakyeon breaks the kiss shortly after and I smile when I look at him.

''I am looking forward to spend our first time in bed as a married couple and as the new royal couple.'' I say and Hakyeon starts to smile, before his head rests on my shoulder again.

A lot has happened on the road to this moment, but everything is all worth it.

When we arrive at the palace, the slaves are waiting for us outside. Hakyeon and I get out of the carriage and the slaves run towards us.

''Congratulations Hakyeon! You have come a long way and you totally deserved all of this. And you aswell, Your Majesty. Congratulations with your marriage and with being the new king. Follow us please, we will help you change into a different suit. The maids are all in the ballroom and will serve the guests as we promised them to take care of you at first.'' Hwang Jun says and both Hakyeon and I bow towards the slaves.

Hakyeon and I follow the slaves inside and we walk upstairs to the bedroom Hakyeon and I share. I sit down on the bed as Hwang Jun and a couple of other slaves take care of Hakyeon first. It's unreal that these slaves help us with changing into our suit we chose for our reception.

Hakyeon gets changed into a red suit with a black blouse underneath. Hwang Jun helps Hakyeon to get his jacket on and I smile when I look at him.

''You look gorgeous in that suit Hakyeon.'' I tell him and Hakyeon smiles. When he is ready, he walks over to me and he gives me a kiss.

''Thanks, my love. Now it's your turn, so go.'' Hakyeon says and sits down on the bed, before I get up and I walk over to the slaves. Hwang Jun takes off my jacket and my blouse and puts on a black blouse and a long dark purple jacket. My pants get exchanged for other black pants and Hwang Jun applies a special earring in my ear. This earring always has been a priced possession of our family and it's a long piece with the name Jung carved in it.

''You are ready to go, Your Majesty.'' Hwang Jun says and I smile at him when he steps back.

Hakyeon gets up from the bed and walks over to me, before he wraps an arm around my neck.

''You look gorgeous aswell, I'm proud to have a husband like you standing next to me.'' Hakyeon says and presses a kiss on my cheek. He lets go of me and I hook in his arm.

Hwang Jun opens the door and we hear that the ballroom is crowded, meaning that the guests have arrived. Hakyeon and I walk downstairs and right before we are about to enter the ballroom, a maid announces to the guests that they have to stand up for us. Hakyeon and I enter the ballroom, before we face the guests.

''Hurray for the kings!'' one of the guests says and everyone else repeats after the guest at least 3 times. Hakyeon and I bow towards the guests and it's Hakyeon who says that the guests may enjoy the party, but he says it in a very formal way. I'm glad that Hakyeon learnt really fast how to act and talk like a royal. And now, he is one himself. He is a king to be exact.

The music has started and the guests clearly show that they're having fun. Then, Sanhyuk comes over to us and has a smile on his face.

''Well well Taekwoon, you have everything you asked for. You're married to a handsome young man and you are the new king of this kingdom. I'm proud of you.'' Sanhyuk says and bows towards us. We bow aswell and Sanhyuk looks at Hakyeon.

''Congratulations to you too Hakyeon and welcome into the Jung family.'' Sanhyuk says and Hakyeon smiles, before he bows yet again.

But before we can continue our conversation, my mum announces that it's time for the first dance of the newly weds. I have practiced it with Hakyeon a lot and he has talent for dancing.

Hakyeon and I walk past the guests towards the middle of the ballroom where Hakyeon and I have to dance. As soon as we are in the middle of the ballroom, Hakyeon and I take our position but Hakyeon tells me he is still a bit scared. When we practiced, it was just us. And now, guests are around us.

''Let me guide you okay?'' I ask softly and Hakyeon nods. As soon as the music starts, we start to dance and we manage to keep all the eyes looking at us.

A/N The first part was written at school and the rest was written right now.