THIRTY-FIVE

From Slave To Lover

A guard is on his way to the palace where my mum lives at to bring the news about my pregnancy. I'm sure that my mum is going to love it and that she can't wait for the baby to be born, but my siblings will be happy too. It barely happens that the king is pregnant, because fate always decides that the spouse has to be pregnant. But in our case, it has to be me. Probably because Hakyeon is a newborn vampire and his body has to get used to living as a vampire.

Hakyeon hasn't let go of my bump since we entered the livingroom and he still can't believe that I'm carrying a little one. I then give him the pictures that the doctor gave me and Hakyeon keeps looking at it.

''How can you develop yourself this quiet, little one? Mummy and daddy didn't realise that you were growing in here already.'' Hakyeon says to my bump and I giggle as I streak through his hair. Hakyeon kisses my bump and looks at me.

''You're the first king who is pregnant, aren't you?'' Hakyeon asks and I shake my head.

''No, there have been a few other kings before me. But that was like a Century ago. Vampires didn't appreciate it that the king ,the one before my dad, was pregnant instead of his wife and they wanted the king to step down, but the king refused and continued the pregnancy. And after the baby was born, the king still didn't get the trust back of the vampires and barely showed up at events. So I'm scared to go through the same.'' I tell Hakyeon and Hakyeon smiles, before he starts to kiss me.

''You won't Taekwoon, because the vampires will support you. And besides, we're living in a different Century and the vampires are thinking differently about things. So they won't hate you for being pregnant. Because even if I would be pregnant, vampires won't hate me.'' Hakyeon says and he already sounds like he is living like a vampire for years, so I'm surprised.

Then, the cook comes in and greets us by a bow.

''Your Majesty, I have a questions about your husband. Now that he is a vampire, is it okay to change the meal of your husband to what you eat?'' the cook says and I nod when I look from Hakyeon to the cook.

''Yes, you can do that. Because I'm sure that he won't like the human food anymore.'' I tell the cook and the cook nods, before he leaves the livingroom. Hakyeon looks up at me and sighs.

''I can't believe by now that I'm a vampire now, but I'm scared that I'm going to lose control over myself when the slaves are around.'' Hakyeon says and I kiss his head.

''I'm here Hakyeon and I can help you to create your limits. And besides, you have to warn the slaves that you can look like a monster. And you shouldn't feel ashamed at all, because vampires don't feel emotions. Except anger and ,in our case, love.'' I tell Hakyeon and he smiles, before he kisses me.

''Taekwoon-ah! Congratulations!'' I hear a voice yell and I look up. My mum and my siblings enter the livingroom and I get up from the couch. I never knew that my mum was this fast, but I'm glad she's here.

''Congratulations with your pregnancy Taekwoon, I'm happy for you.'' Jin Mi says and pulls me into a hug. Even Hakyeon recieves hugs.

Then, Jin Mi lets go of me and my mum pulls me into a hug. And when my mum gives a hug, she hugs very tight. But right now, she lets go at the right moment.

''How did you discover that you're pregnant, Taekwoon? Because nothing looked wrong with you when we moved out.'' my mum says and I take a seat at the same time. Hakyeon and my siblings take a seat aswell and all of them look at me.

''Hakyeon discovered it. We were on our way from an opening of a school for kids with special needs and Hakyeon wanted to wrap his arms around me, but he discovered that my stomach was bulging. Both of us were scared, because we didn't know what was going on. So once we arrived here, I payed a visit to the doctor and she confirmed to me that I'm pregnant and I'm 3 months along.'' I tell my mum and she smiles. Because her firstborn son is expecting a child himself and also carries it himself.

''I already told him that the pregnancy looks good on him and that he will look even more gorgeous as soon as he goes further into the pregnancy.'' Hakyeon tells me and his head is resting against my shoulder at the same time that he places a hand on my stomach again.

''Well Hakyeon, you're right. I'm sure pregnancy would've looked good on you aswell. But since Taekwoon is pregnant, he indeed looks good with a bump.'' my mum says and I chuckle. I get embarrassed pretty fast if I get compliments from vampires, I can't help it that I get embarrassed. It's just that I'm not used to it.

My mum gets up from her seat and streaks over my bump, before she looks up with a smile.

''I'm looking forward to meet your little one, I can't wait to hold my first grandchild in my arms.'' my mum smiles brighter and my hands rest underneath my bump.

My mum walks back to her seat and she takes a seat at her seat again.

''When the guard came to us and told us that you were pregnant, we were surprised and happy at the same time. It surprised us that you were the one who is pregnant, because it was supposed to be Hakyeon.'' Jin Mi says and I nod, because that was supposed to be right. But fate changed it for us.

''I know, but fate had decided that it was me who has to carry the baby.'' I immediately respond and Hakyeon kisses my bump again, resulting in recieving chuckles from our family.

''I can't wait to meet you baby, I can't wait to hold you in my arms.'' Hakyeon says and places another kiss on my bump. My mum chuckles and I can feel her looking at me.

''You two are going to be amazing parents and you are going to give the kingdom an heir so fast already. But the most important: I'm going to have my first grandchild.'' my mum says and I smile when I look at her. I'm glad that my family is so positive about my pregnancy.

But something that I fear for the most right now, is the reaction of the kingdom. How are they going to react?