THIRTY-EIGHT

From Slave To Lover

A month later, I'm finally going to announce the pregnancy to the kingdom. I wanted to do it the next day after we discovered that I was pregnant, but Hakyeon told me the next day that it was better to wait for a while. So now that I'm 4 months along, Hakyeon thought it was time to announce the pregnancy.

Hakyeon and I are almost going to make our entrance at the balcony and I can already hear the entire kingdom talk quite loud. I understand that everyone wants to know what is going on, but I hope that they will be supportive when I drop the bombshell. I hope they will support me until the baby arrives.

During the last month, I indeed heard some vampires ask themselves why I looked a bit fat. Vampires can't get fat, so they wondered what was going on with me. But if they will hear this news, they will understand more why I have a bump.

Hakyeon's right hand is resting on my bump and he smiles when he looks at me. I've gained a little and my bump is slightly bigger compared to last month. And now, it's becoming more real to me that I'm pregnant. I can't wait to feel any movements, because that's when I finally will realise that I have a little vampire growing inside me.

''Ready, my love?'' Hakyeon asks and I chuckle.

''I am, I feel a lot more ready compared to last month.'' I tell him and Hakyeon nods when he kisses my neck. I feel a bit less scared to announce the pregnancy, but I'm still scared that I won't get the support of the kingdom.

That's when Hakyeon and I make our entrance on the balcony and all the vampires cheer the loudest they can. We wave at the vampires and Hakyeon grabs my hand, before his grip is becoming stronger.

''We feel honored to see all of you after a long time. But we have something to announce and both of us discovered it last month. Hereby, I'd like to announce that we're expecting a little prince or princess and I am the one who is pregnant. I'm 4 months along at this moment.'' I say and compared to what I was expecting to hear, I hear a lot of supportive sounds coming from the citizens. Hakyeon smiles and rubs over my hand with his thumb.

''I told you that they would support you? The vampires can't wait to welcome the first prince or princess coming from a new royal couple and they are very exciting to see you with your bump in public.'' Hakyeon whispers and I smile when I look at him. I feel relieved to hear from the citizens that they support a pregnant king like me, maybe it's because of what Hakyeon told me last month.

My other hand rests on my bump and I rub over it with my thumb. I'm more than happy that we're going to welcome a child into our family and I'm looking forward to raise it well.

After the announcement, Hakyeon and I make our way inside and as soon as the doors to the balcony are closed, Hakyeon goes on his knees and starts to kiss my bump.

''The vampires love you already and they can't wait to meet you, neither can me and mummy.'' Hakyeon says to our unborn child and I chuckle as I play with his hair. It's cute to see Hakyeon acting like a dad already and I'm thankful that he'll help me during the other months of the pregnancy. I have entered the second semester and I'm more relaxed with the thought that I'm carrying the next heir. I can't wait to know about the gender of our baby, but I'm happy with any gender.

Hakyeon gets back on his feet and kisses me as his hand rests on my shoulder. Hakyeon is still a newborn vampire ,though he is for one month a vampire, but he acts like one as if he is a vampire for centuries.

''I'm proud of you, Taekwoon. A lot has happened from the beginning and our marriage is going to be sealed with a child that you carry. You look gorgeous with a bump, my love.'' Hakyeon says and I chuckle. I would've said the same thing if Hakyeon was pregnant, but I guess it's parental instinct.

Hakyeon and I make our way downstairs and some of the slaves enter the palace.

''How are you feeling, Your Majesty? We don't know how vampires are like during a pregnancy, so that's why we ask.'' Hwang Jun says and all of the slaves look at me.

''Well, I feel fine and nothing to complain about so far. But I'm slowly realising a bit more that my body is changing. I don't know if I mentioned it before, but us vampires react differently on a pregnancy compared to humans. We don't have cravings or mood swings, but we suffer a lot from the pains that the months will bring.'' I tell them and the slaves nod. They are concerned about me and I understand that, but there is nothing to be concerned about yet. As long as I'm doing fine, they shouldn't worry about me.

''May I?'' Hwang Jun asks and I nod. Hwang Jun carefully approaches me and carefully rests a hand on my stomach. He looks at me with widen eyes and I faintly smile.

''That's how I felt like when I discovered that I'm pregnant. But for now, there's nothing to worry about and I don't feel the baby yet. So the baby isn't a little devil yet.'' I tell Hwang Jun and he faintly smiles when he pulls his hand back.

''We are glad that you are going well so far, Your Majesty. Please let us know if you need something, because we wanna be there for you.'' another slave says and I nod. I really appreciate it that they want to help me as much as possible, but some things can't be done by human slaves.

''Thank you all so much. You can go back to your jobs, thank you for checking up on my husband.'' Hakyeon says and the slaves bow, before they turn and make their way outside again. Hakyeon looks at me and kisses my neck.

''Come on, let's go upstairs my love. I want some time with you now.'' Hakyeon chuckles and hooks in my arm, before the two of us make our way upstairs again. If anyone needs me, they know where to find me. But for now, we just want a bit of family time. Just me, Hakyeon and our little miracle.