FOURTY-SEVEN

From Slave To Lover

Once we arrive, lots of vampires are waiting outside and the owner of the museum is waiting for us at the entrance. The carriage stops in front of the owner and the coachman gets off, to open the carriage for us. Hakyeon gets out first, before I take his hand and get out of the carriage. The vampires start to cheer and both me and Hakyeon and the owner bows as soon as we're in front of him. Hakyeon and I bow aswell and Hakyeon grabs my hand.

''Goodmorning Your Majesty, it's an honor to have you here at the museum. We are looking forward to show you everything we would like to show you in particular.'' the owner says and Hakyeon and I smile at him. He does sound like I'm the only one who visits his museum, but I don't care about that. I'm glad that I have a day out again.

''And how is your baby doing? We hope that our next heir is as exciting as you and me are.'' the owner says and I smile at him. I haven't told the kingdom about the gender of our baby, because I want to keep that as a surprise. They only know about my pregnancy, but I want to keep this secret for them until our daughter is born. It sounds so far away that I have to wait for that ,4 months, but they will pass really fast. Just like I discovered when I was pregnant at the time I was already 3 months along.

''Our baby is doing well so far and I'm sure that our baby will like it here. But that's up to our baby to decide.'' I tell him and he slightly turns, before he looks at us. He then signs at us that we can follow him inside and we do as he wishes. It's been a long time since I've visited a museum, because I only went to a museum whenever my parents went to visit one for an event.

Hakyeon looks around him and I hear him gasp. It must be the first time for him to visit a museum, so I kinda understand where he comes from if he never visited a museum before.

''Is it your first time, Hakyeon?'' I softly ask Hakyeon and he looks at me, before he nods. Wow, he has missed a lot then in the time he walked around like a slave. I hope he is going to catch up with that now, because I want him to enjoy life more. Yes, he is a vampire. But that doesn't take away that he can't enjoy his life.

We follow the owner and we stop at the spot where our tour is going to start. Some other vampires are with us, but they manage to keep their distance from us. We are the real stars today, not them. So it's a good thing that these vampires at least have their manners, that's quite important.

The owner of the museum is showing everything very proudly and it's Hakyeon who shows a lot of interest, which I completely understand. I'm glad that Hakyeon is enjoying it, because he finally can make something of his life after I gave him a second chance.

I'm less interested in everything, but that's also because art isn't really my thing. I never was that much interested in art, but I have to pretend that I am interested in art. Not only for Hakyeon and the owner, I have to do it for my daughter too.

Right after we arrived here, our daughter was pretty calm and she still is as she isn't moving or torturing me. I hope she stays like that, because I don't want her to torture me during our visit. I can't wish that from her during the rest of the pregnancy, because that's just a part of the pregnancy.

''At this moment, we're working on a painting of the two of you. It's a bit of a tradition to have a painting in the museum of the royal couple. The painting of the current royal couple will be painted on a huge canvas and the canvasses of the former royal couples will be kept in storage in the back of the museum.'' the owner explains and points at the empty wall. Hakyeon and I look at the wall and we look at each other.

Wow, we are about to have our own painting here. I never knew we had a museum which was so dedicated to us, but this museum definitely is.

''I have to admit that we feel very honored by this. You see, we don't really visit a lot of museums and none of those museums that we have visited are dedicated like your museum.'' I tell the owner and a wide smile appears on his face.

''That's good to hear, Your Majesty. But if we hear stories of visitors, they appreciate it that we are a museum with a painting of the current royal couple that rules over this kingdom. No other museum is doing such a thing like this. But once the painting is done, you will be invited for the reveal.'' the owner tells us and looks at me. This museum is indeed the only one so far who dedicates their respect to us by having a painting of us in here.

The owner continues his tour and Hakyeon doesn't let go of my hand. He hasn't since we came in here, but I don't feel the urge to pull back either. My other hand is resting under my stomach and I rub with my thumb over the bottom of my stomach. I hope that our daughter isn't thinking that I don't have attention for her, so I give her some attention too by doing this.

''But may I ask for how long this museum is creating paintings of the current couple that rules? You said that it was a tradition, but for how long is the museum doing this? It really impressed me.'' I ask and the owner stops and turns to look at me.

''We're doing this for 2 Centuries. The museum was built as a present for the king who ruled at that time and to show our respect and dedication to the royal family, we decided to paint a portret of the couple that rules over the kingdom at this moment. And over the years, the vampires really appreciate what we're doing for royals like you.'' the owner then responds and I nod.

I'm impressed by how dedicated this museum actually is to the royals and I hope they keep doing this for a long time.