FOUR

From Slave To Lover

Minutes go by and Hakyeon becomes more comfortable around me. He then tells me the story about how he ended up as a slave and tears fill his eyes when he tells me everything. Hakyeon comes from a poor household and worked hard to earn some money for his family. His mother died after he was born and his dad wasn't able to work due to a severe injury at work. One night, some weird people walked across his street and kicked in many doors to kidnap some young people to sell as slaves. And Hakyeon became one of them, he became a slave. My goodness, that means that he has never seen his father ever since he got kidnapped.

Tears stream over Hakyeon's cheeks when he finishes and I wrap my arms around him. It's kinda heartbreaking to see a slave with such a heartbreaking story as this one. Hakyeon carefully wraps his arms around my waist aswell and his head rests against my chest. It doesn't take long before Hakyeon has completely calmed down, because his sobbing become softer by the minute.

''Hakyeon-ah, I'm so sorry for what you've been through. It's sad to hear how you ended up as a slave and I hope that I can make it a bit easier for you. I don't want you to work hard so that my dad punishes you, so I will do everything to keep him away from you.'' I tell him and Hakyeon nods against my chest. I sigh while I rub over Hakyeon's back. I will do everything to make it pleasant for him to be here and by that, I also have to keep my dad and Woo Jin and Ye Jun away from him. I don't care that I'm not behaving like a prince right now ,like my dad at least wanted me to, but I want to show the slaves that my dad is worse than me and that my dad doesn't care about their lifes.

Hakyeon slowly looks up and a faint smile is seen on his eyes. I look at him and smile in response. My grip on Hakyeon tightens and I place my lips yet again on his. This time, Hakyeon has no issues in answering my kiss because his kiss is more relaxed compared to the small kiss I gave him a short time ago. Hakyeon's grip on me also slowly tightens and I smile. I might look intimidating towards Hakyeon, but I did everything to make him more comfortable around me and the other way around too.

I break the kiss and Hakyeon slowly lets go of me, but I don't let go of him yet. I bite my lip when I'm thinking of drinking something of Hakyeon's blood. I can't drink from him, because he will never trust me ever again if I do that. And besides, I almost drank from a slave before. Almost. I turn my head away and I work hard to keep myself under control. And Hakyeon notices, because he immediately pulls me closer and tells me he is willing to offer himself as my meal. I look at him with red eyes ,making Hakyeon's eyes turn wide, and I sigh. He really wants me to drink from him? Is he sure of this?

''Okay, but it will hurt a bit. Take my hand and squeeze in it once it becomes painful.'' I tell him and Hakyeon grabs my hand. I sigh and I place my lips in his neck, before my fangs sink in his skin. Hakyeon gasps and squeezes hard in it, but it doesn't hurt me. Once I let go after a few minutes, I clean the two wholes in his neck and I smile when I look at him. God, his blood was delicious.

''B-But did you mean it when you said that you love me, Your Majesty? I still can't believe it.'' Hakyeon asks in confusion and I look at him, before I give a nod in response. As I told him, vampires like me can't lie and we are always honest about things. I still don't know how my dad can cover up that he is lying, but the slaves don't know what is true and what isn't. But I will tell the slaves whenever my dad lies, because I will show them what is true and what is an actual lie.

''Hakyeon, I told you already that I can't lie. So whatever is coming from my mouth, is true. Yes, I do love you.'' I admit and Hakyeon remains quiet, I guess he has to take it all in. But I understand that, I would act the same if I was a slave and if he was a prince. Hakyeon looks at me and smiles. Hopefully he doesn't mind that I always tell the truth, so I hope that the bond between us will develop in an easier way compared to having a bond with nothing but lies.

I take his hand and I hold it tight in my cold hands. It's wonderful to feel the warmth coming from a human like Hakyeon, because shivers run down my spine whenever I feel his warmth against my cold skin. I sigh and I look at Hakyeon. God, he is so adorable. I really have fallen for a slave and I want him to become mine forever. Love doesn't know any limits, so why not having a relationship with a slave like Hakyeon? But I have to deal with three obstacles: My dad, Woo Jin and Ye Jun. I don't know if I can't count my mum as an obstacle too, so I don't count her as an obstacle just yet.

When I hear footsteps, I look up and I see my dad standing in the opening of the barn. He looks at me with angry eyes and I bare my fangs when I look at him.

''This is not why I keep slaves, Taekwoon. Slaves are supposed to be loyal to me and they have to work hard, so this is very inappropirate what you're doing now. Let go of him and come with me, you are showing disrespect towards me Taekwoon!'' my dad snarls and I growl while Hakyeon burries his face in my shoulder. I feel his heart beat faster, meaning that he is scared.

''I don't care why you keep slaves, but I keep this one for myself. I don't care about your behavior towards the slaves, but I will make their stay at least a bit pleasant! You leave me alone and you stay away from the slaves!'' I scream in a high pitched voice and my dad starts to growl on his turn. I will take Hakyeon with me to my room, whether my dad likes it or not.

''You are disrespectful towards your father and I don't appreciate that!'' my dad says in an angry tone and I get up, pulling Hakyeon with me. Hakyeon looks up at me and he looks like he is about to ask why I pulled him from the bed. I sign at him that my dad can hear me if I whisper, so that I can't say right now why I pulled him up from the bed.

''Whatever dad! Yes, I am the heir to the throne. But that doesn't mean I am fully living to your standards, I was born to break rules.'' I tell him and I take Hakyeon with me, leaving my dad behind in anger.

''Your Majesty, where are you taking me?'' Hakyeon asks and I can hear in his voice that he is scared, not aware of what is going on.

''I'm taking you with me to my room where we have more privacy and where my dad isn't allowed to bother us. Yes, you are the first slave who is going to see my room. But I don't care.'' I tell him and Hakyeon nods before we make our way into the palace and before walking upstairs. Hakyeon looks around him and takes everything in. I can tell by the look on his face that he is surprised to see how all of this looks. 

I'm happy to see this look on his face, because I will make sure that he will get used to all of this. I want to make him mine and I want to keep him here forever, having him by my side when I take over the crown from my dad.