TWENTY-NINE

From Slave To Lover

For the following few hours, Hakyeon and I spend those together in the livingroom. I'm still living in a dream and I still can't believe that I'm the king now. When I was young, I couldn't wait to rule over the vampires. But now, it still feels like that moment is about to come.

I'm shaken out of my thoughts by a warm kiss of Hakyeon on my neck. I moan and I throw my head back, making Hakyeon chuckle.

''Ah Hakyeon, don't.'' I moan and Hakyeon chuckles.

''I know you love it, Taekwoon. I know you love it.'' Hakyeon chuckles and places one hand on my shoulder. I rub over Hakyeon's waist and Hakyeon chuckles. 

''I want to give you some human warmth, my love.'' Hakyeon continues and I moan yet again. Hakyeon knows I love it and he sometimes is teasing me, making me moan in situations like this.

''Okay, okay. I admit that I love it.'' I tell him and Hakyeon giggles, before he moves his lips to mine. I deepen the kiss and I pull Hakyeon closer. I wouldn't be here without Hakyeon next to me, because I would feel lonely if I had to rule without him. But I probaby wouldn't be a king if Hakyeon wasn't in my life and if my dad was still alive.

''Hmm, I love you so much Taekwoon. I'm glad that you kept me alive and that you protected me against your dad.'' Hakyeon said and I tighten my grip around his waist. Time went by quicker than I realised, because I can't even imagine anymore that Hakyeon came in as a slave. Right after I started to date Hakyeon, he changed so much.

''I love you too, Hakyeon.'' I tell him and Hakyeon giggles. Hakyeon changes his position on my lap and he leans a bit forward, deepening the kiss a lot more. I never would expect that a human like Hakyeon could kiss like this. And I surprise myself how easy I can hold back my desire for human blood when I'm with Hakyeon, but I think that love is stronger than my desires.

Hakyeon wraps his arms around my neck and his chest is upon mine. Hakyeon is becoming very dominant now that he is a king, but I like that side of him. And Hakyeon should show that side a bit more, because I like that.

That's when I hear footsteps coming our way and I whisper Hakyeon to get off me, which he does. Hakyeon breaks the kiss and sits down next to me.

''How did you know that someone is coming?'' Hakyeon whispers and places his hand on mine.

''Us vampires have a great hearing. We can hear others talk from a far distance and we even can hear footsteps which are coming from a far distance.'' I explain to him and Hakyeon nods.

''Wow, vampires are even more amazing than I thought they were.'' Hakyeon says and I giggle, before I place a kiss on top of his head.

That's when a maid enters the livingroom and tells me that more visitors want to enter the palace to get to know me. Wow, how many vampires didn't attend the wedding? 

Hakyeon and I get up and we make our way to the hallway. I wonder how comes by to visit us, because I kinda get a feeling that a lot of vampires didn't attend the wedding due to other reasons which probably were a lot more important. Which I understand ofcourse.

The gate opens and another group enters the palace. But by the smell that comes into my nose, I can tell that these are humans. Wow, they knew about me as the new king? 

As soon as the group stops in front of me, the group bows and Hakyeon and I do the same.

''It's an honor to meet you, Your Majesty. We heard about your crowning and we wanted to attend your wedding, but we weren't invited. But we wanted to pay you a visit to see how you are like and how the slaves are doing.'' the man says and I nod. It's sad that they weren't invited as one of the so called business partners of my dad, but I think that it passed us by and didn't think of them.

''Ah, it must be because of how crazy everything was. I think that we forgot to invite you, so I am very sorry for not having invited you. But let's put that aside, because I assume that this isn't the reason why you are here.'' I answer and the man nods.

''Yes, Your Majesty. As I explained already, We wanted to pay you a visit to see how you are like as the new king and how the slaves are doing.'' the man repeats and I nod.

That's when the man looks at Hakyeon and his eyes widen a bit.

''I recognise you. You were one of the slaves that I sold to the former king. Wow, I can't believe how much you have changed.'' the man says and Hakyeon faintly smiles, before he looks at me with an awkward smile. I understand why Hakyeon looks at me like this, because it must feel awkward to face the man who once sold you as a slave.

''I suppose that I have changed in a good way?'' Hakyeon asks when he looks at the man and the man nods.

''Ofcourse, Your Majesty.'' the man replies and smiles, before he bows yet again.

''Alright, let's greet the slaves that work here. Now that I'm the king, I broke the tradition of my father to buy slaves and to kill them afterwards. So the last group of slaves that my father bought from you, will stay here until they die by natural causes.'' I explain to him and the man nods, before all of us make our way outside.

''Come together everyone! We got some more visitors to greet you and we are sure that you know these visitors.'' Hakyeon says and the slaves come together again, but their faces turn white when they see the group coming their way.

''They won't hurt you, we can assure you that.they only have the possibility to talk to you.'' I tell the slaves and they carefully nod. I look at the group next to me and I let the man talk. The slaves are too scared to look at him, which I completely understand.

''Please, be nice to them. They are very scared to see you again and I understand why. So whatever they want to say, be nice to them.'' I tell the man and he nods, before he and the group look at each other again. I hope that the man keeps his promise, because I am capable of doing him some harm.

A/N I tried to work on this chapter and this is the weakest I have ever written. I'm so, so sorry that this didn't turn out the way you wanted.