TWO

From Slave To Lover

After lunch, Jin Mi and I leave the dining room and we enter the garden. My dad doesn't want us in the garden when the slaves are at work, but I don't care. I don't wanna be like my dad towards the slaves, I don't want to be an heir to the throne who is as abusive as my dad. And Jin Mi thinks the same way, Jin Mi doesn't want to act like that either. We just like to our true selves. While walking through the garden, the slaves look at us in fear and they quickly look away to focus on their work.

Then, I spot a slave who is crying in the grass and I rush over towards him. I squad down in front of him and I place a hand on his shoulder. The slave carefully looks up and I smile.

''I won't hurt you, don't worry. I won't be that hard as my father is, so you don't have to fear for me to act the same way. But can you tell me what's wrong? I heard you crying.'' I tell the slave and the slave carefully nods. I rub over his shoulder to help him to calm down and it seems to help him, because he slowly stops crying and takes a deep breath when he looks at me.

''I've hurt myself and the king said that I deserve to die, because of this injury.'' the slave says and shows me a deep wound on his wrist. I bite my lip to keep myself under control and I can tell that it's a deep wound, so this slave must've hurt himself pretty bad. I look up at Jin Mi and I tell him to get a compression bandage. Jin Mi nods and rushes inside.

''I can at least clean it up a bit and put the compression bandage around your arm, because it has to heal well.'' I explain to the slave and he nods carefully. I bare my fangs and I have to keep myself under control, because I can't hurt the slave. If I do, I also will get a bad name towards new slaves. I turn away my head and I breathe heavy, because I can't resist the sweet smell of blood. I can only think of Jin Mi to hurry up, because it's becoming harder and harder to keep myself under control. And to my relief, Jin Mi is back with the compression bandage.

''Thank God you returned, because I was about to bite this poor slave.'' I look at Jin Mi and I poke him playfully in his side. Jin Mi giggles and hands over the compression bandage. Jin Mi cleans the wound a bit and when the wound looks clean enough, I wrap the compression bandage around the arm of the slave. I make eyecontact with the slave and I constantly ask him if he is okay. And to my relief, he is okay.

''We're done. Don't forget to keep the wound clean okay? Because otherwise, the wound will get infected.'' I tell him and I help the slave to stand up straight. The slave doesn't really like my cold hand, but he ignores it. He thanks me for my help and goes back to work. I smile and I look at Jin Mi, who smiles too. Yes, we are vampires. But that doesn't take away that we aren't caring.

''Your Majesty, can you please come with me? The queen has asked me to pick you up.'' a servant says and I look at him while I was in a conversation with Jin Mi. For some reason, I think my mother asked me to come in, so that my dad can kill the slaves. I can't prove it, but it's just what my gut tells me. I sigh and I look at Jin Mi, who tells me that he stays behind so that he can keep an eye on the slaves. I smile and I follow the servant inside. If my dad kills the slaves while I'm with my mum, I'm about to kill my dad.

''Right mum, I heard you wanted to talk with me. And don't tell me that it's a trick from dad to keep me away from the slaves!'' I say to my mum and when she looks at me, she shakes her head. I'm still not really convinced, but we'll see. My mum grabs my wrist and pulls me with her to the ball room. I still wonder why I had to be separated from the slaves, but I hope it's something positive that my mum wants to talk about.

''Taekwoon honey, I really had to talk to you and it's not a trick of your dad. But I have seen lots of pressure on your face and it's time that you'll find someone you love. I really want that you're going to find someone you're gonna be happy with. Because you can't stay alone forever and you can't keep telling things to your siblings.'' my mum explains and I sigh. Really mum? You want me to date someone? Well, at least my mum is positive about it. At least my mum wants me do date someone, because my dad hates it when I'm dating someone who is not royal.

I pull my mum into a hug and I take a deep breath, because I feel relieved that my mum wants me to be happy. My mum places a hand on my back and rubs over my back. My mum is a very caring person and none of us is an apple of her eye, she loves all of us. And even though Woo Jin and Ye Jun are being treated like real princes by my dad, my mum loves them as much as she loves me even though I have a bigger title comparing to the twins. I let go of my mum and I smile at her.

''Thanks mum, I'm glad you want me to be happy and I'm glad you allow me to date anyone I would like to date. But would you also be happy if I for example fall in love with a slave?'' I suggest and my mum smiles, before she nods. My mum apparently wants me to be happy and she doesn't care much whoever I am dating, good to know. But I have to keep it secret for my dad, because my dad only wants me to date a royal prince or a royal princess. Ugh, no thanks. I wanna break the traditions. It's time for some changes.

I then walk away and I want to walk to the garden again, when Woo Jin and Ye Jun wrap their arms around my ankles. I growl and I look at the twins, who look up at me on their turn. I'm sure my dad sent them to make sure that I won't have any interactions with the slaves again. And just as I'm about to try to make a move, I hear some screaming and I hear someone crying. See, it was all a big trick to keep me away from the slaves.

''Let me go, NOW!'' I scream and Woo Jin and Ye Jun immediately let go of me, while they usually don't let go of me. But when I'm mad, Woo Jin and Ye Jun are scared of me. I rush upstairs and I close my bedroom door behind me. I jump on my bed ,face down, and I take a deep breath. I hate my dad so much, because he loves to kill innocent lifes and I can't take it. If my heart was an active organ, it would bleed and my heart would cry. I really don't know what to do right now, because that talk with my mum was just a trick and my mum didn't mean a single word from what she said. It's time that I'm going to save some slaves, because I can't take this any longer.