EIGHTEEN

From Slave To Lover

Hakyeon and I have left the ballroom and we're outside again to see what the slaves are doing. You can tell that the slaves work with relaxed energy around them, because my dad isn't around anymore to put some pressure on them. And my twin brothers aren't here anymore to keep an eye on the slaves and to slap them whenever the slaves did something wrong.

Some slaves are taking care of the garden while some are painting the walls of the palace. The palace looks old on the outside, so I'm glad that they are painting the walls to give it a fresh look.

The slaves like it for some reason that we're watching them while they're at work, because they keep looking at us with a smile whenever they look at us.

Hakyeon and I sit on the bench in the garden and Hakyeon's head is resting on my shoulder, while his hand hasn't left mine.

''Can you imagine that this was something that you were supposed to do aswell if I didn't fall for you?'' I ask Hakyeon and I look at him at the same time he looks at me. Hakyeon shakes his head and chuckles.

''I try to imagine it, but I can't. I really can't imagine it, because you saved me before I was thrown into this.'' Hakyeon says and gives me a quick kiss. I'm glad I saved him from doing these jobs, because my dad could've killed him if nothing was going on between me and Hakyeon. But I broke one of my dad's rules, which is all worth it ofcourse. Because look where we are now, we're going to get married and Hakyeon will be on my side when I am going to rule over this kingdom.

Hakyeon looks at my dad's ring on his finger and smiles. I told him that this ring was one of my dad's rings and that my mum wanted to have it on Hakyeon's finger.

''Can't believe that your mum gave you this ring to propose to me.'' Hakyeon says and I chuckle, before I wrap an arm around Hakyeon.

''It's because my mum thought it was time to pass the ring on, now that my dad isn't alive anymore.'' I tell him and Hakyeon places a hand on my chest, upon my heart to be exact. I place my hand upon his and Hakyeon smiles when I look at him.

''My heart can't beat anymore, but it would beat if I was like you. If I was human too.'' I say and I place a kiss on Hakyeon's forehead. I never would've thought that dating a human would open my eyes like this. I knew it would change a bit, but not this much. But Hakyeon also makes me realise how humans are really like. To my family, they were nothing more but feeding sources.

''Taekwoon?'' Hakyeon asks and I look at him as he looks at me aswell.

''Is the transformation to a vampire going to hurt a lot? I don't know what to feel, besides that it's going to hurt.'' Hakyeon says and I sigh. I have never turned a human in a vampire before, so I don't know how it is going to feel for Hakyeon.

''I'm sure it's going to hurt a lot, but I don't know how much. You see, I was born as a vampire so I only know how this life is like. Once you're a vampire, you can't eat human food anymore and you have to drink blood like us.'' I tell him and Hakyeon nods. Maybe we should ask my mum about it, because she has turned many humans into a vampire when she was young.

My mum has joined us on the couch and Hakyeon immediately started to ask her about how painful the transformation is going to be. I understand Hakyeon's questions about this, because this is waiting for him aswell.

''Hakyeon my dear, don't worry so much about it. Yes, it's going to be painful. But Taekwoon and I are going to be there, though I will be there as support. Because Taekwoon is going to turn you.'' my mum tells him and Hakyeon nods, before looking at me again. He is scared, it shows. But it's just a bit of time to turn Hakyeon.

''Hakyeon sweetie, we're not going to do that immediately. I first want to get married and I want you to get used to this life first. Then, I'll see when you're going to be a vampire. And besides, you're too precious to become a vampire right now. I want to enjoy your warmth for a little while.'' I say and Hakyeon smiles, before his head is resting on my shoulder again.

My mum looks at me and smiles. My mum loves to see us to as a couple and she is glad that I followed her advice, even though I didn't believe that she meant it for real.

''I didn't hear much of the two of you when you couldn't leave your bed, but how was Hakyeon's prescence in the room?'' my mum asks and Hakyeon turns his head a little, so that he can kiss my neck.

''He was a great support and the time that I had to stay in bed, because the time went by faster with him with me. And whenever the pain got intense, Hakyeon laid down on top of me and his warmth calmed me down. That's what I love so much about Hakyeon as a human, I love his warmth.'' I tell my mum and she smiles, followed by a chuckle of Hakyeon.

''I'm glad he makes you feel good, Taekwoon. And the most important of it all is that he stays with you and supports you whenever you need it, like this time.'' my mum says and places a hand on Hakyeon's shoulder.

''Thank you very much, Your Majesty. I really appreciate it that you take me as I am and that you accept it that I'm dating your son.'' Hakyeon says and my mum ruffles with his hair.

''You're welcome sweetheart. You and Taekwoon are meant to be together and I immediately saw that when I saw you two in the barn. The way Taekwoon comforted you and held you tight already showed how much he cared about you, even though you didn't know much about each other. That's why I said to Taekwoon to propose to you, because you two deserve it to take it to another level.'' my mum says and Hakyeon looks at me with a smile, before he finds his way to my lips and starts to kiss me.

I'm glad that my mum wants me to be happy with Hakyeon. I'm glad that my mum has given me the permission to rule with Hakyeon on my side.

''Your Majesty?'' a slave asks and a few slaves walk over to us. Both me and my mum look up, because we have no idea who they ask this question. But I soon realise that it was meant for me. I hum and the slaves sigh, before they get a little closer.

''Her Majesty the Queen told us that a lot of things for your wedding has to be arranged, so we would like to ask you if we could decorate the ballroom with some flowers. Because we haven't heard Her Majesty the Queen about the flowers when looking at the decorations for the ballroom.'' a slave says and I look at Hakyeon, before I look back at the slaves.

''Yes you may, but Hakyeon and I are going to pick the flowers then.'' I tell them and the slaves nod with a smile. I still can see in their eyes that it's hard to believe that Hakyeon is going to marry me and that he is going to enter the royal family. Little do they know that Hakyeon is going to be a king as soon as we're married. He basically is a prince now, but it still doesn't feel like it for Hakyeon. The slaves walk away and I keep looking at them until they do their jobs again.

''I really can't wait to pick the flowers Taekwoon, I'm very excited.'' Hakyeon says and I place a kiss on his head. I'm glad that he is looking forward to the wedding and that he gets to choose which flowers will decorate the ballroom when we're going to have the reception there. My mum told me that the ceremony will take place in the cathedral and that the reception is going to take place here in the ballroom.

''I know Hakyeon, because I am excited aswell.'' I tell him and Hakyeon wraps his arms around me. 

While my mum is preparing the funeral of my dad and the twins, Hakyeon and I focus on our wedding day. In human feelings, it could be felt as a time with mixed feelings. But I don't care, because I only wanna focus on my future with Hakyeon.