SEVENTEEN

From Slave To Lover

Hakyeon and I are cuddling at my chair in the ballroom and Hakyeon can't stop kissing my neck.

''I'm so happy that I can leave my old life behind. I never would've thought that a vampire prince like you would take me out of my life as a slave and would accept my feelings towards you.'' Hakyeon says and looks at me with a smile on his face. I place a kiss on his head and I hold him close against me.

''I couldn't leave you there as soon as you caught my eye. It would hurt me, though I am not supposed to feel hurt at all. But you had something over you that pulled me closer and I had to make you mine. And besides, I was born to break rules.'' I tell Hakyeon and he giggles as his head rests against my chest. It's unbelievable that it's going to happen whatever I wanted to happen when my dad was alive, because I wanted to show my dad that I'm going to live my life how I want to. I don't want to live according like the royal rules all the time, I want to break some too.

I'm looking forward to pick a suit for the wedding, because I know what will look good on me and what won't look good on me. And it's going to be nerve-wracking ,especially for Hakyeon, but it's all going to be worth it. But it's nerve-wracking for me aswell, because this will be the time that I am going to live as a married man.

''Are you excited for the big day?'' Hakyeon asks and I nod as I play with Hakyeon's hair. What Hakyeon doesn't know, is that he will be crowned as the new king at our wedding. But I'm not gonna tell Hakyeon about that right now, because I want to keep it as a surprise. I don't want to tell Hakyeon too much, because I don't want to drive him crazy with lots of information.

''Ofcourse I am Hakyeon, why wouldn't I be excited? I can't wait to call you mine officially.'' I tell him and Hakyeon wraps his arm around me. 

Everything happened so fast. Ofcourse, I am happy that my dad has been killed just as Woo Jin and Ye Jun. But feels weird to be crowned as the new king shortly after my dad and the twins are being killed. Would my mum really want to crown me, so that she can forget about my dad? Or would she want to give it a place when she has stepped down as the queen?

Hakyeon lifts up his head and looks at me with the biggest smile I have ever seen. To Hakyeon, it can't happen fast enough.that we're getting married. I know about how he ended up as a slave and he knows how badly I want to offer him a better life, so I'm glad that we're going to have that crown on our head at our wedding day. I want vampire children to show that you can become whatever you want and that it doesn't matter where you come from. I want them to show Hakyeon's life as example. So I can't wait to meet some kids.

''Hakyeon?'' a voice asks and Hakyeon looks across my arm to see who called for him. I look over the chair to see who called Hakyeon's name and it turned out to be a couple of slaves, who look very excited to talk to Hakyeon.

''Come in.'' I tell them and the slaves walk over to us with a wide smile on their face. The slaves stand at the side of my chair and Hakyeon smiles when he sees them, so he sits up straight.

''You're going to get married to a prince huh? We're so happy for you.'' Hwang Jun says and Hakyeon lets go of me to pull Hwang Jun in for a short hug.

''Thanks guys, I'm glad you guys are so supportive towards me. I don't want you guys to be jealous at me, but I want you guys to be happy for yourselves. You guys are going to be free soon, so that's why I want you guys to enjoy life too. As I said, I will stay here and stay with this prince who is taking good care of me. I will get married to him and we are going to be kings over this huge kingdom anytime soon aswell. And on top of that, I am going to be a vampire aswell.'' Hakyeon explains to the slaves and they nod.

Hakyeon looks at me with a smile and gives me a short kiss, resulting in recieving 'ahw' from the slaves. 

''Lots of things are ahead of you huh? Well, good luck and we wish you all the best. We even will think of you when we go back to our world... alive.'' Jung-hee says and Hakyeon giggles. Then, the slaves look at me and they smile at me aswell.

''Thank you for taking good care of Hakyeon, Your Majesty. I hope that you can make Hakyeon happy and that you will support him whenever he needs you.'' Hwang Jun says and I give him a simple nod. I'm glad that the slaves approve our relationship and they are happy that Hakyeon is going to get married to someone who he truly loves.

Hakyeon is resting against me again and starts to kiss my neck again. The slaves say 'ahw' yet again and I start to play with his hair. I'm glad that they can open up more towards us now that my dad no longer has control over them.

''Having you here made us both feel good, even though vampires aren't supposed to feel anything but anger and hunger. But hearing what you think of our relationship, it makes me feel relieved and it makes me feel like that I don't have to keep it secret any longer.'' I tell them and the slaves bow one for one, before Hwang Jun tells me that they have to go back to work.

''Alright, we'll come back later to you to see how far you are with the things the king told you to do.'' Hakyeon says and Hwang Jun smiles, before the group leaves the ballroom again.

Hakyeon rests against my chest again and I streak over his arm. Hakyeon chuckles and raises his head to place a kiss on my throat.

''I love you so much Taekwoon. And I'm still very thankful that you protected me against your dad. Because if you never took me apart and told me that you love me, I would be like a slave too and I guess I would've been killed.'' Hakyeon says and sighs. I place a hand on Hakyeon's head and I streak with my thumb over his head.

''My mind went crazy when I saw you in the back at the barn and I followed my mum's advice to shut off what my mind was thinking and to discover what my undead heart was saying.'' I tell him and Hakyeon chuckles.

I can't wait to say yes to Hakyeon in front of the remaining family members, relatives, ministers and everyone else who we're close to or have to deal with. But this is the moment that I can say that I'm happy.