FOURTY

From Slave To Lover

That night, we're having dinner and everyone is enjoying their food. The slaves talk a lot about what they've done today, because all of them were split up and none of them spent time together. Except for lunch ofcourse.

''Your Majesty, when are you having the ultrasound for the gender reveal? I totally forgot to ask when you revealed about your pregnancy.'' Hwang Jun asks and all the slaves look at me. Haven't I revealed that to them? Wait, I haven't indeed.

''I didn't mention it myself earlier, so it's okay that you forgot to ask. But I'll have the ultrasound next month. And I don't mind what the gender is, as long as the baby is healthy.'' I tell Hwang Jun and most of the slaves start to smile. I'm glad that they are happy for us and they would be happy with any gender aswell.

Hakyeon looks at me with his red eyes and I smile at him. I know that Hakyeon doesn't like it that he kinda turns into a monster when he is drinking blood, but I told him many times that he has to take me as his example and that he should look at how I drink blood. Whenever he is drinking blood, he should picture me in his mind and drink his blood as how I'm doing it.

Though Hakyeon struggles with drinking blood, he is more and more thinking about how I am drinking blood. So he is trying to use my method aswell.

''Do it for our little one.'' I whisper and Hakyeon growls a little bit, before he continues to drink again. I place a hand on my stomach and rub over it with my thumb. I know that I discovered my pregnancy last month, but I still hope that the baby is doing well. After all, the baby succeeded in hiding itself for the months prior to when Hakyeon noticed my bulging stomach.

Now that I think of it, I was surprised to a bit of loose skin when I got changed one day. But yeah, you're not thinking of anything when you discover it at first. I wondered how I got this loose skin, because vampires don't gain weight at all.

That's when Hakyeon's hand is resting on my stomach aswell and our eyes meet as soon as we look at each other. Hakyeon's eyes softened and returned to their actual color. Wow, he is a fast drinker for sure. He's even faster than me I would say.

''Geez, you drink fast. You're even faster than me.'' I chuckle and the slaves look up in surprise. Hakyeon drinks blood faster than I do and they are ,like me, surprised that a newborn vampire drinks faster than someone who is living like a vampire all his life.

''Sorry, can't help it. I think it's because of how quick my body got used to my new way of living. It's just that my mind has to get used to it aswell.'' Hakyeon answers and the slaves answer by a simple chuckle.

After dinner, the slaves return to the barn and Hakyeon and I make our way to the livingroom. Honestly, I love to have dinner with the slaves. Because I don't feel alone with just Hakyeon in the dining room.

Once Hakyeon and I sit down on the couch, Hakyeon wraps his arms around me and his head rests on my chest.

''It still feels weird to share this palace with you, now that we rule over the kingdom.'' Hakyeon says and I nod. It indeed feels weird now that we are the owners of this property. But it's a part of the tradition. As soon as the heir is crowned as the new king or queen, the parents leave the palace the same day. It sounds quick and it is quick indeed.

''I know right? I mean, it's more weird for me. Because I have lived as an heir for an incredible long time and I was used to having so many family members around me.'' I tell Hakyeon and he nods. I don't even remember for how long I have lived as an heir, but it was for quite some time. Because my dad didn't want to step down as long as he was alive, but the vampires were thinking about it differently.

Hakyeon looks down at my stomach and presses a kiss on it. I smile and I play with Hakyeon's hair.

''Our baby is going to have a loving dad. I love it how much you are acting like a dad already.'' I tell Hakyeon and he looks up at me, his hand is still resting on my stomach.

''Ahw, thanks a lot. You're going to be a great mum, but you are a great mum already. Even though we discovered your pregnancy last month, you are such a great mum already and you're not scared of carrying a child.'' Hakyeon says and I chuckle. I can't do any harm to children, because I love kids. Just like I said to Hakyeon, I love kids and they are welcome into our young family.

Hakyeon's head is resting on my chest again and I feel his hand go over my stomach all over again. It barely happens that a king ends up pregnant, but I'm glad that the kingdom is very supportive towards me. Maybe my mum was right about the times having changed, maybe my fear for the kingdom not supporting me wasn't right to be there.

''Excited for the ultrasound next month?'' Hakyeon asks and I chuckle. Why would he ask such a question? I can't wait to have the ultrasound, because this will be the first time for Hakyeon that he'll see the baby that is growing inside me. I'm curious how Hakyeon is going to react.

''Ofcourse, but I'm more excited to see your reaction. Because you haven't seen the baby on a screen yet, just on photos that the doctor gave me. It was incredible to see it alive and well on the screen.'' I tell Hakyeon and Hakyeon kisses my stomach again.

''You know that I will love our baby a lot, but that doesn't take aside that I'm so proud of you carrying our little unexpected miracle.'' Hakyeon says and I play with his hair again. Hakyeon changed a lot and I love the person he is today. He came in as a scared human slave and he is now a confident vampire king. 

''You look nothing like the person you used to be. You came in as a scared human slave and look who you are today, you have made an incredible change.'' I tell Hakyeon and Hakyeon chuckles, before he raises his head and kisses me.

''Thanks, love.'' Hakyeon says and my hand moves down from his hair to his neck.