THIRTY-SIX

From Slave To Lover

My family, Hakyeon and I talk a lot about how the baby managed to develop without me realising that my body was changing. And to me, I never noticed anything. Us vampires know how to keep our emotions under control during a pregnancy and that must've been why I never realised that I was pregnant.

''The more I look at your cute little bump, the more I start to realise that there is a little one coming.'' my mum says and I giggle. I'm glad she is realising it by now.

''But Hakyeon, be serious. If Taekwoon wasn't pregnant and it would be you, what would you think of that?'' Jin Mi asks and everyone looks at Hakyeon, who sighs.

''Ehm, I definitely would love it to carry Taekwoon's heir. But as much as I would love to be pregnant, it depends on what fate decides. If fate decides to let Taekwoon carry the little one, than I should accept it. And hey, I love it that there is a little one on the way. Whether it's carried by me or by Taekwoon, I'm happy to expect a little one so soon.'' Hakyeon says and smiles, before he looks at me. I kinda agree with Hakyeon, because it's fate that decides about this. I mean, I also would've been happy if Hakyeon was pregnant. But Hakyeon is a newborn vampire, would that be a reason why fate decided that it had to be me?

That's when I realise how much I have missed the presence of my family around. Even though it's been a short time that my family moved out.

''What would dad think of the pregnancy if he was still alive?'' Jin Mi then asks and I sigh as I close my eyes. I hate it to talk about my dad, because he never liked the way I behaved, especially when I started to date Hakyeon.

''I'm sure he would've killed the baby. If he knew that Hakyeon is the father of this baby, he would've killed it.'' I honestly answer and Hakyeon pulls at my arm as his eyes widen when he looks at me. And by his pull, I can feel that he is scared when he thinks about it himself. I open my eyes and look at him.

''Oh come on Hakyeon, my dad isn't alive anymore. Don't worry. He can't harm our little miracle, but I'm sure that my dad would've killed the baby if he discovered that you are the father of this baby. You know how much my dad was against our relationship, so he would've taken the life of our baby if he discovered that I was pregnant. And besides, my dad wasn't going to like it that I'm pregnant. Because in his eyes, it had to be my spouse.'' I tell Hakyeon and kiss his head.

I look at my mum and she nods. She knows how much my dad changed after he bought the first group of slaves. My dad was a loving man and tried to listen to the vampires, but that changed when he bought slaves. That's when everyone started to hate him.

''But Taekwoon, what about the kingdom? When are you going to announce to them that you're pregnant? You can't keep this secret for them. I tried to do that too back when I was pregnant with you, but your dad insisted to announce it anyways. I didn't want to announce it too back then, but it's important for the kingdom to know.'' my mum says and I sigh when I streak over my bump. I'm scared to tell them about my pregnancy, because I'm scared that the same will happen to me as what happened with the king before my dad.

''I-I'm scared mum. I don't wanna go through the same as the king went through before dad became the king of this kingdom.'' I say to my mum and she smiles at me.

''Taekwoon, that won't happen. Times have changed and now that they have a gay king ruling over the kingdom, they are supportive towards you two. So why should this be an obstacle for you two? The vampires are going to see your bump anyways. For now, they won't see it much. But when you go through the rest of the pregnancy, they will see more of your bump and they will wonder what is wrong with you.'' my mum says and I sigh when I think of the upcoming months. The vampires indeed will see my growing bump and they will start to wonder what is wrong with me, so I have to announce it.

Hakyeon's head is resting against my shoulder and he starts to kiss my neck. As much as I want to stay relaxed, I am still in a state of panic. How are the vampires going to react? I hope they will support me until the baby arrives.

''Alright mum, I'll go and tell them.'' I say and I sigh. Hakyeon starts to giggle and places his hand on my stomach.

''I'm with you Taekwoon. Just go announce it to the vampires tomorrow and you're done. After that, you can focus on your pregnancy and on the other events to come.'' Hakyeon says and I smile weak when I look at him. My head rests upon his and mum can't stop saying 'ahw'.

Hakyeon looks at my stomach and starts to smile. Hakyeon still can't believe that he is going to a parent and neither can I, but we have enough support from everyone here. And we also get a lot of support from my family and the slaves.

''If you want to know something or if you want some help, feel free to send a guard to us and make me come to you. Because I want to support you as much as possible.'' my mum says and I smile when I look at her. I raise my thumb and my mum smiles as her answer to my thumb.

Hakyeon shoots up and looks at me.

''I want to show them the photos that the doctor made of the baby, if you are okay with it.'' Hakyeon says and I giggle, before I nod. Hakyeon hands over the photos to my mum and everyone of my family gathers around her chair to look at the photos.

''My goodness, how adorable is this? This is your little one? How cute?'' my mum doesn't stop asking questions and her eyes don't let go of the photos.

''Again, congratulations Taekwoon. I'm happy for you.'' Jin Mi says and I smile. I'm glad that my family is so supportive and that they want to help us whenever they can.

Jin Mi approaches me and places a hand on my bump, before he rubs over it.

''Listen to your mummy, little one. Don't hurt him.'' Jin Mi says to my stomach and I giggle. I love it already how involved he already is as a family member in this pregnancy.