ONE

From Slave To Lover

''No! Don't kill me, Your Majesty! I have done nothing wrong!''

When I hear a slave begging this to my dad, I bite my lip. The reason why this slave is about to be killed now, is the fact that this slave did something that my dad didn't appreciate. Well, my dad doesn't appreciate a single thing that the slave do for him. The human slaves work hard in and around the palace, but my dad doesn't appreciate a single thing they do. And we shouldn't do either, but I can't. I have to appreciate all the hard work they do for us. The maids here are happy with all the help they get from the slaves, but even the maids have admitted that the slaves should get some rest.

I'm upstairs and I look at the hallway, where my dad sunk his fangs into the neck of a slave who had to be punished according to my dad. But none of my relatives are okay with the way how my dad buys slaves and how he treats them. Not even my mum and siblings appreciate this of my dad, but my dad is stubborn. My dad doesn't listen to any of us. To my dad, you should treat slaves as trash. Humans aren't worth much to him. And even though we are vampires, I don't think you should treat humans like this.

After the screaming and other horrifying sounds, my dad demands to the maids to clean the place and drag the body away. My dad gets up and walks away. I'm standing at the top of the stairs looking down in disgust. I hate my dad so much for this, I hate him so much! If I could cry, I would've done it by now. I would've cried right now.

''Dad has killed another one?'' the velvet voice of Jin Mi asks. I look next to me to see my younger brother stand next to me. Jin Mi and I are 3 years apart, but we are quite close. I nod while I sigh and Jin Mi groans. Jin Mi can't stand the fact how my dad kills slaves as if they are his toys, so Jin Mi thinks the same about my dad's behavior like I do.

''I hate dad so much for this.'' I tell Jin Mi and he nods in response. Ugh, I also hate it so much to be the heir to the throne. Because my dad wants to make me do this too, I also have to buy slaves and kill them in the end. But I refuse to do so, because I can't play with human lives as if I'm obsessed with them. Because I'm not obsessed with humans. Maybe I am addicted to their blood, but I'm not obsessed with them.

''Let's go away, I don't want to watch this bloody scene any longer.'' Jin Mi pulls at my sleeve and I walk with him to the balcony. It's a beautiful day here and Jin Mi and I always love to sit down here to enjoy the beautiful landscape. You can tell it's our favorite spot to be at, I think it has been like this ever since we were young vampires. Even after my other siblings were born, Jin Mi and I spent a lot of time here. Jin Mi and I sit down and I smile whenever I see the beautiful landscape. Jin Mi and I remain silent for a while. I then look down at the big garden, where multiple slaves are at work. And I mean hard work by it, they almost look like they are ready to die. Thanks to my dad unfortunately, because he doesn't give them breaks.                                                                         

                                                                  

''Taekwoon and Jin Mi, are you two coming downstairs? It's time to have lunch!'' my dad screams from down the stairs and I sigh when I look at Jin Mi. Neither Jin Mi nor I are ready to go downstairs, because we are so done with my dad. Jin Mi gets up with reluctance and pulls me up by grabbing my arm.

''Come on Taekwoon, we don't wanna see dad angry.'' Jin Mi says and I nod. We enter the palace again and we walk downstairs, greeting some maids first. We walk to the diningroom and my parents and my other siblings are already waiting for us. My youngest siblings ,twins Woo Jin and Ye Jun, look at us with an arrogant look. Ever since Woo Jin and Ye Jun were born, my dad spoiled them. I never got the chance to build a bond with them, because I had to focus on being the heir to the throne and to be a rolemodel for my siblings. Woo Jin and Ye Jun always thought that they could always get what they want and they kept believing this, they even kept believing that I am the one who should give these two profits of my position. Hell no!

Jin Mi and I sit down and Jin Mi glares at the twin boys, who are 5 in human years. I don't even wanna look at these two anymore, because I know how irritating they are. Having younger siblings with such an between you and them is more like hell to me, but my dad always says we can't loathe them.

The waiters bring in our food and it doesn't take long before the twins start to eat like animals. My dad can't stop them, because the twins will never listen to him. Then it's also our moment to eat and we also eat like animals. When we are having breakfast, lunch or diner, we can't control ourselves and we drink the blood like we had to wait for it for so long. I smile devilish during lunch and my eyes turn red. Breakfast wasn't that bad, but lunch is always still better. I close my eyes to enjoy the sweet taste of the blood that was being served. They always serve fresh blood, but this blood has the sweettest taste ever.

When I finish, I remove the blood around my mouth with a napkin and I look at the rest of the family. I always have been a quick drinker, so it's no surprise that I'm done first. 

I look outside and I bite on my lip when I see the slaves doing their best to get the work done. I feel so bad for them, but my dad always told me not to feel sorry for them. Well sorry, but I do feel bad for them. I see the slaves wipe some sweat off their foreheads and I can't stop but looking at them. I feel so sorry for these guys, it's not natural what I feel for these humans.

Jin Mi finishes second and smiles when he looks at me. I sign at him to wipe off the blood from his mouth and Jin Mi nods, before he grabs a napkin to clean his mouth aswell. I raise a thumb to him and Jin Mi smiles while he is cleaning his mouth. 

Then, the twins finish aswell and they wipe off the blood in quite a fancy way. Almost too arrogant if you ask me, because I roll with my eyes. I really want the others to finish, so that I can go away from these twins.

''Taekwoon, we heard that you also will keep slaves when you take daddy's position. Dad will hate you if you break the tradition of keeping slaves.'' Woo Jin says and I roll with my eyes. For centuries, slaves are bought and kept until they die and these twin boys want me to continue with the tradition. But I can tell them that I will break this tradition, even if I fall in love with a slave. Not that I say that it's not going to happen, but I could break the tradition if that would happen to me.

                                                                          

A/N Back at Wattpad, I wrote a story with this kind of idea and it popped up randomly. But now that I left Wattpad after 4 years, I thought it was cool to change the concept into a K-Pop one. So I hope y'all like it.