FOURTY-THREE

From Slave To Lover

A/N Mianhae that I barely updated this week. Internship began at Thursday and I barely have inspiration when I'm home. And now that we have a week off next week, I hope to update some more.

When it's time to have dinner, everyone is back in the diningroom. The slaves and the maids know by now what the gender is of our baby and they are more than excited to welcome our daughter. Some guards went to my mum and my siblings to announce the gender of our baby and I haven't seen them back yet, but I don't blame them. I don't know which roads the guards take to arrive at my mum, so I hope that they will keep themselves safe.

The slaves talk to each other about how tough their day was and some even talk about how much they can't wait to go back to bed. I don't even know what being tired is like, because I was born as a vampire. So I don't know much of the human emotions, besides love and anger. Hakyeon showed me a few of the human emotions, so I have a better view of human emotions.

I'm huge for 5 months, but it could be that it's normal to be like this. I mean, it's new for me. Especially because of that I'm the mum.

''I look huge Hakyeon, I never would've thought that being 5 months would make me like this.'' I tell Hakyeon and Hakyeon chuckles. He places a hand on my stomach and smiles when he looks at me.

''No my love, you're not huge. It's our daughter that grows inside you. Don't ever say again that you're huge, because you're doing nothing more but carrying our child.'' Hakyeon whispers, before he rubs with his thumb over my stomach. I'm glad that Hakyeon is so supportive and that he is comforting me whenever I need it. Hakyeon places a kiss on my cheek and we continue to eat as we enjoy the stories of the slaves.

It's good to hear from the slaves that their life here became easier now that I rule over the vampires. My dad only saw the slaves as objects and wanted to let them work until they died, but I am nothing like my dad. I want the slaves to think about themselves and I want the slaves to take their breaks whenever they needed them, but they can't take too many.

I enjoy the blood in front of me and I place a hand on my stomach, hoping that my daughter enjoys it too. I'm sure she will, because this is the food I have to provide her with. 

Hakyeon and I will attend an event tomorrow and I'm curious how the vampires are going to look at me. They know my now that I'm pregnant, but they'll see my stomach grow by the weeks. I still feel a bit uncomfortable to go out like this, but I can't change it. I still have to go 4 more months before I'll give birth and I really don't want to stay at home a few days after our daughter is born.

Hakyeon and I make our way to the livingroom after dinner. The slaves returned to the barn and they prepare themselves to go to sleep. They need their energy for the long day tomorrow, because Hakyeon and I will be gone for a long time. Though I don't really know for how long, but we will be back before dinner.

Hakyeon's hand rests on my stomach and looks at me with a smile. Hakyeon hasn't stopped smiling since I told him that I was pregnant and honestly, that smile looks cute on him.

''I hope that our daughter is going to behave well tomorrow, because you will need all the energy.'' Hakyeon says and rubs over my stomach. I won't get tired that fast ,basically because I'm a vampire, but it won't affect my energy level whenever our little girl starts to kick. At least, not in this stage of the pregnancy.

''Hakyeon, I'm only 5 months along. Our daughter's kicks won't affect me that much in this stage of the pregnancy. It's gonna be a different story when I'll be further along, because that's when she will annoy the hell out of me. And us vampires don't get tired that fast, you know that by now.'' I tell Hakyeon and I kiss his forehead. Pregnancy works differently here in our kingdom. Us vampires react differently to the hormones and we don't really have mood swings or cravings.

I can't wait to see my mum again. It's not that I wanna see her every two months, but I want my mum to feel more connected with my daughter as soon as I'll feel her little feet against my skin. I'm sure my mum will be more excited to have our daughter in her arms.

Hakyeon scoots closer and his head rests on my chest. I play with Hakyeon's hair and both of us enjoy the silence. Well, silence? We hear the maids talk in the diningroom as they clean the whole place up. The maids are happy for us and they can't wait for our daughter to be born.

''You look pretty like this Taekwoon.'' Hakyeon says and draws a heart on my chest with his finger. He is cute like this and Hakyeon looks nothing like he used to be back when he came in as a slave, but in a good way.

That's when I feel something and Hakyeon looks at me with an incredible wide smile. 

''T-Taekwoon, that was our daughter.'' Hakyeon smiles and kisses my cheek. It's unbelievable that this made me realise that I indeed am carrying a little child, it's unbelievable.

''I know Hakyeon, I felt her first kick and it made me realise that I carry her. Because until now, I barely wanted to believe that I'm pregnant. As much as I'm looking forward to feel more of her, it's about to become annoying for me aswell.'' I tell Hakyeon and Hakyeon's head is resting on my chest again.

I still can't believe that I felt my daughter kick, even though it was a bit of a soft one. But Hakyeon at least felt it too.

''Hakyeon, I suggest that we head to bed a bit earlier compared to the time we usually go to bed. Tomorrow is going to be a long day and I want to have a lot of energy to drag myself through the day.'' I tell Hakyeon and Hakyeon nods. I'm glad that he agrees with whatever I suggested.

I hope that my daughter will behave tomorrow, because I don't want her to annoy the hell out of me.