FOURTY-SIX

From Slave To Lover

After breakfast, Hakyeon and I prepare ourselves to go to the museum. The slaves are back to work, but they know that Hakyeon and I will stay away for an entire day. So they already wished us a good trip and they hoped that we will come back save and healthy. We gave them that promise, though we can't get sick. We never got and we never will, that's a part of us vampires.

I wonder what we're going to do at the museum and I hope it's not just getting a tour through the museum, because we otherwise wouldn't stay away for that long. Like I said before, it's amazing to look at all the art in the museum. But I don't feel the urge to look at it everyday, I'm not really obsessed with art like my mum slightly was. My dad wasn't a big fan of it either. Most of the stuff that is in the palace, is what my mum wanted.

''Is our mummy to be ready to go?'' Hakyeon asks and smiles when I look at him. Well, I don't have anything I need to take with me. So I'm ready I guess.

''I think I am, let's go then.'' I tell Hakyeon, who takes my hand in his. The two of us make our way outside and we walk to the carriage, waiting for us to get in.

''Good morning Your Majesty, have you slept well last night?'' the coachman says and I nod when I look at him.

''Yes I have, thank you.'' I tell him and I get in the carriage. Hakyeon follows me shortly after and grabs my hand again. We look outside and it doesn't take long, before the carriage starts to drive away. To me, it doesn't feel strange and uncomfortable anymore now that I show up as a pregnant king at events. But my daughter will make me feel uncomfortable later on in the pregnancy. Because the further I get into the pregnancy, the more she grows and the bigger she becomes.

''You look gorgeous like this Taekwoon, you look gorgeous being pregnant with our daughter.'' Hakyeon says and we look at each other with a big smile on our face.

''Thanks Hakyeon, thank you for those compliments.'' I tell him and Hakyeon kisses my cheek. His thumb rubs over my hand and I look outside again. A lot has happened in this kingdom after I raised to the throne and everyone in the kingdom seems to be satisfied that I'm the king now. Everyone feels like they've been heard, because I want to make their voices count.

I feel my daughter move and I smile when I look down at my stomach. I think our daughter is as excited to go to the museum as much as I do, I really want her to enjoy this day and I want her to behave. Because I don't want to feel embarrassed when I feel my daughter kick or move around. That last part might sound as if I'm overreacting, but I just want my daughter to behave.

The ride to the museum is longer than I expected, but Hakyeon and I try to make the best of it. Hakyeon has his other hand placed on my stomach and his head is resting on my shoulder.

''Jeez Taekwoon, the museum really likes to make you be on the way for a long time.'' Hakyeon whines and I kiss his head while I chuckle.

''Well, my dad had it too. My parents sometimes went to events which were hours away and we had to keep ourselves entertained, because my parents were gone for quite a few hours.'' I tell him and Hakyeon sighs when he nods. He tries to imagine how it as like for us to make it through the day without our parents. But one thing is for sure, I don't want our daughter to suffer from the same. So we'll take her with us in the first few months.

''Goodness, that must've been a long time then. I mean, especially when you're young.'' Hakyeon says and I nod when I place my hand on his.

''When you're young, you never like it when you're parents are gone. But the older I got, the more I got used to it that my parents were gone for important events.'' I tell Hakyeon and Hakyeon nods, before he streaks with his hand over my stomach. Hakyeon isn't used to a life like that, because he has been a slave for a long period of his life.

I look outside again and I smile when I hear Hakyeon whisper to our unborn daughter. It's cute how he is acting like a dad already, as if Hakyeon never could've thought that he would become a dad after he lived like a slave for so long. To me, it sounds like as if Hakyeon had given up hope of living a normal life after he lived like a slave. I'm glad that I can give him this hope again.

''Mummy is giving me a life that I never would've thought that I would ever live that. I'm so happy that you're coming into our world, little girl.'' Hakyeon whispers and I start to streak through Hakyeon's hair. I'm pretty sure he would've said the same thing if he was pregnant, but it only matters now that he is going to be a dad. He is going to have a child of his own.

After Hakyeon's whisper, my daughter kicks and Hakyeon smiles when he feels her kick underneath his hand.

''You two are already very connected to each other Hakyeon, it's lovely to see you two like that.'' I tell Hakyeon and Hakyeon giggles.

''Thanks for that, Taekwoon. Also, thank you for giving me a daughter. I never would've thought that I would become a dad one day, after living like a slave for so many years.'' Hakyeon says and I kiss his head.

''Hakyeon, you deserve a new life. You've been through so much already and I'm glad that you can start over again. You're going to be a dad of a daughter who grows inside me and you can give your daughter a life you want her to have. After all, you are going to raise the vampire's new queen.'' I tell Hakyeon and Hakyeon smiles, while he kisses my stomach.

I'm thankful that my dad sacrifised himself and that Hakyeon and I can live a life without being scared for my dad killing Hakyeon. And on top of that, we're going to have a daughter who is going to change our lives for good.