TWENTY-THREE

From Slave To Lover

A few hours later, everyone has gathered together at the huge tables. It's time to have dinner and everyone is very excited, because they get the chance to have a little chat with me. Not that they don't get those opportunities later on, but this is the first time that I'll have a chat with them as a king. In the past, vampires got to talk to me while I was a prince. And I'm no longer a prince as of today.

The waiters bring in our food and one maid has to help out, because she has to bring Hakyeon's meal. It's unusual for vampires to have a human king at their table, but it won't take any longer before I'll turn Hakyeon into a vampire. But before that is going to happen, I have to inform the kitchen that they no longer have to prepare human meals.

''Quiet please!'' a maid says and the whole room turns quiet, before all the eyes are looking at me and Hakyeon.

''Thank you all that you join us for dinner tonight. It's a special dinner, because this is my first time that I speak here as a king. But I'm not alone ofcourse, because I am accompanied by my human husband and I am more than happy to be married to him. As all of you know as of today, my husband came here as a slave. So he came from a long way. But I protected him against the rude treatment of slaves from the former king and I hereby would like to announce aswell that I won't buy slaves to give them the same treatment.'' I speak and the room is quiet.

I place a hand on Hakyeon's hand and he smiles when I look at him. Despite the fact that I helped him to stay out of the hands of my dad, I'm proud of him. Also because of that he stayed with me when I had to recover from the injury that was caused by my dad.

''Let's have dinner together, enjoy your meal.'' Hakyeon adds and everyone says 'Hurry for the Kings' in a choir, before everyone starts to enjoy their dinner. As a vampire, we don't eat much. We actually only drink blood and some even dare to drink alcohol, but that makes us drunk as heck. Even more drunk compared to when a human uses alcohol.

My mum places a hand on mine and I smile when I look at her.

''Your speech went very well Taekwoon, I'm proud of you.'' my mum says and starts to smile, before I recieve a kiss in my neck by Hakyeon. Hakyeon giggles and continues his meal.

''I'm proud of you too. I may come from far to end up as a king, but I would'nt be here if I didn't have such a support like you.'' Hakyeon says and giggles, before I kiss his cheek.

A lot has happened in these past few days, but it's all worth it if you ask me.

Vampires that haven't spoken to me come towards me one by one. All of them want to get to know me and Hakyeon better and they want to know what they can expect from us as the new kings, but especially from Hakyeon. They wonder if Hakyeon knows what is going on in our kingdom, since he is human.

''You don't have to worry about that, because my husband will help me to imagine how vampires feel about things. But also, I will become a vampire anytime soon. So I will experience myself aswell how things are going to be.'' Hakyeon responds to the guests and I have to admit that he is doing very well at this moment. I continue to eat when the guests talk to Hakyeon, but I have to answer some questions now and then.

''What are you going to do with the slavery tradition? Are you going to keep it or are you going to stop that?'' another guest asks and I look at this young man.

''No, I am not going to keep it. I know that we aren't supposed to feel any emotion, but I just can't kill innocent souls. And the slaves that we still have, will stay here until they die by natural causes.'' I answer and the young man nods, before a smile appears on his face. Even the guests are glad that I stop with this tradition, because the vampires were against it aswell.

''I appreciate it that you have made such a decision like that. And you are right when we talk about the slaves, because no one deserves it to kill an innocent soul.'' the young man continues. I'm glad that the vampires accept my decision and that they don't hate me for it.

The young man leaves and I continue my meal, so does Hakyeon. My mum looks at me with a smile and places a hand on mine.

''You are doing well as a king, Taekwoon. I'm sure that the vampires will love you, but they will love Hakyeon aswell. I'm sure they will appreciate Hakyeon more when they know about his past as a slave.'' my mum says and I smile when I look at Hakyeon, before Hakyeon places a hand on my lap. My mouth is still covered in blood, so I can't kiss Hakyeon right now.

''I am looking forward to see you two in public at an event, I can't wait to see how the vampires are going to react to the two of you.'' my mum continues and I nod. I finish my dinner in the mean time and I clean my lips. I don't want to sit like a monster here. 

After that, I place a kiss on Hakyeon's temple and Hakyeon giggles. I'm looking forward to spend my first time in bed as a married couple with Hakyeon, because this time will feel different yet again.

''But what is going to happen to you and Taekwoon's siblings?'' Hakyeon asks and looks at my mum.

''We will move to a smaller palace that we own aswell, but it's quite nearby. So you and Taekwoon will have this palace for yourself, besides that you have to take care of the maids, slaves and the guards.'' my mum explains and Hakyeon nods, before he looks at me. Ah right, I have to take care of everyone who serves us. 

''But you're going to help me huh?'' I ask and I look at Hakyeon, who smiles when he nods.

''Ofcourse my dear.'' Hakyeon says and I recieve a small poke from him in my side. It's not that I can't take it by myself, but a little help would be appreciated a lot.

A/N This one was quite ty, but I hope y'all like it. The first part was written at school and a small part of the second part aswell, but I finished the rest at home