NINETEEN

From Slave To Lover

Two months later, we're at the cemetary and lots of vampires ,such as ministers, relatives and citizens, are with us to say goodbye to my dad and my twin brothers. Hakyeon stands next to me and holds my hand tight as his head rests on my shoulder. When the Priest is telling a huge story about my dad and the twins, I look around and a lot of vampires have a hand placed on their heart as a sign of respect towards my dad and the twins. Even my mum and Jin Mi place a hand on their heart, but I refuse to do so. My dad and the twins don't deserve my respect, because they almost ruined my life and my dad almost killed me. 

''Hereby, I'd like to give Her Majesty the Queen a short speech.'' the Priest said and everyone looks at my mum. My mum puts on a smile on her face and aims her eyes at the family grave. It barely happens that a vampire dies, but they can be killed when they're ripped apart, being killed by a stake or by a werewolf. And the death of my brothers and my dad happened after almost 5 decades of a vampire being murdered.

''Thank you. It has been 5 decades since the last vampire was murdered and it was a big surprise to all of us, but it hurt us more when we discovered that His Majesty the King and our youngest princes Woo Jin and Ye Jun were murdered by vampires who were against the way my husband ruled over this kingdom. Now that my husband and my sons get the peace they deserve, our family can find some closure and we can prepare ourselves for the wedding of the crown prince and his fiancee.'' my mum says and some of the ministers look at me and Hakyeon. We hadn't officially announced it yet, because my mum was only busy with focussing on arranging everything for this day. 

The coffins go down further into the grave and a few vampires throw the earth on the coffins. My mum sighs, but I remain quiet. I don't care that they are being laid to rest, because they were a pain in the for me and my dad wanted to kill Hakyeon since he knew that Hakyeon and I are dating. And now that we're engaged, my dad is no longer here to stop us. And neither can Woo Jin and Ye Jun.

''Now that His Majesty the King and the princes are being laid to rest, I'd like to invite all of you to have a drink at the palace of Her Majesty the Queen and all of you get the opportunity to condole the queen and the princes and princesses with their loss.'' the Priest said and leaves the grave, while the rest of the vampires follow. Our family is left behind at the grave and my mum sighs deep when she looks at the grave. 

I understand why my mum sighs, because she has to say goodbye to the man she was married to for decades and to her youngest children. Hakyeon looks at me and sighs aswell, but Hakyeon sighs because he wants to leave this place immediately.

''We'll go soon Hakyeon.'' I whisper and Hakyeon nods, before his eyes rest on the grave again. Hakyeon doesn't have great memories on my dad, but I understand it.

We walk back to the palace and we enter the ballroom as soon as we made it inside.

''Please bow for Her Majesty the Queen and the princes and princesses!'' a servant says and everyone bows as soon as we enter the ballroom. We bow towards the guests aswell and everyone stands up straight.

A maid brings us a glass with blood and hands a glass with champagne to Hakyeon, since he is human. My mum raises her glass and all of us follow, even the guests follow.

''Cheers to the life my husband and the king has lived, let's celebrate his life.'' my mum says and everyone repeats my mum, before they start to drink and everyone start to talk with each other. Then, a cousin of mine ,who goes by the name Sanhyuk, walks over to us and first greets my mum and my siblings. Then, he walks over to me and Hakyeon.

''Taekwoon-ah, long time no see. I see that you're doing well, especially with this handsome guy next to you. Can you introduce him to me? I have to know something of your fiancee, now that he is going to enter our family.'' Sanhyuk says and bows when he looks at Hakyeon. Hakyeon bows aswell, but his grip tightens on me and I can tell by his grip that he is scared.

''Ofcourse Sanhyuk. I'd like to introduce you to my fiancee Cha Hakyeon. Hakyeon is human and used to be one of the slaves we have at work here. I managed to save him from my dad, because he killed the slaves who worked here after he bought a new group of slaves. Hakyeon was a part of the last group and I fell in love with him, but he fell in love with me aswell. Once time is there, I will turn him into a vampire. So he will become one of us.'' I tell Sanhyuk and he nods, before he is looking at Hakyeon again.

''Hakyeon, it's a pleasure to meet you. I am looking forward to welcome you into the family and I can't wait to attend your wedding.'' Sanhyuk says and Hakyeon smiles, before he recieves a friendly hug from Sanhyuk.

It doesn't take long before some other guests show up and they mainly talk to me and Hakyeon, because they want to be introduced to Hakyeon. So I have to tell the same story all over again, but everyone welcomes Hakyeon into the life of the vampires.

''Your Majesty, are you going to continue with the tradition of the king? Are you going to keep slaves here or are you going to make an end on it?'' Changmin ,the minister of finances, asks and I look at him with a sigh.

''Changmin, I am going to end it. I can't let innocent souls work here and I can't kill them.'' I tell Changmin and he nods, before a faint smile appears on his face. Apparently, Changmin was also very much against what my dad was doing. But that is not a surprise at all, because almost everyone was against it. I say almost, because Woo Jin and Ye Jun agreed with what my dad was doing and they hoped that I would do that too.

My mum places a hand on my shoulder and I look at her. My mum smiles at me and I can't help but smile. 

''I wish you and Hakyeon all the best, Taekwoon. You two deserve to be happy.'' my mum whispers and I bow at her. I am glad that my mum supports me and is okay with that I'm dating a former slave. I really can't wait for the wedding anymore, because I can't wait to call Hakyeon mine.

But it will also be the day that I'll be introduced as the new king, though Hakyeon doesn't know about that yet.