TWENTY-FIVE

From Slave To Lover

Hakyeon and I make our way to the garden to have a chat with the slaves. I'm happy that they feel more like home now that my dad is gone for good, but I wanna know how they feel now that I'm the king of this kingdom and how they think of my way of treating them.

''Hakyeon-ah! Oh wait, we should say Your Majesty shouldn't we?'' Hwang Jun jokes and Hakyeon starts to giggle. Now that there is a gap between their rankings, Hakyeon still treats them as if he is one of them.

''Whatever you want Hwang Jun, as long as you call me Your Majesty when guests are around.'' Hakyeon says and Hwang Jun nods, before the other slaves join us.

''What is the reason that you decided to look for us, Your Majesty?'' another slave says and looks at me. All the other slaves look at me as soon as this question is being asked.

''We wanted to know how all of you thought of this day, because this was the very first time that you helped on a very important event. And besides that, we'd like to know how you think of how my way treating you guys.'' I explain to them and the slaves start to smile. To some, it's still unreal that I decided to keep them alive and that I gave them the opportunity to let them stay until they die by natural causes.

Multiple slaves start to talk through each other and Hakyeon tells them to be quiet, before he points at one of the slaves.

''We felt honored when you came to us and told us that we were going to help out the maids at the reception of the wedding day, because it showed to us that you truly care about us being humans and you didn't look like a monster to us. Because that's the image we had about vampires, we thought they were such monsters. During the day, it was like a dream to us. We still couldn't believe that we were going to help the maids at an important day like this day, it went too fast for us.'' one slave says and I smile, because I'm glad they enjoyed it to help the maids out.

''And on top of that, you are the only vampire who sees us as more than just a vampire's meal. We can't say that you cared more about us after you fell in love with Hakyeon or way before that, but we are thankful that you don't push us and that you aren't putting pressure on us. We can work here in a relaxed way and everyone here appreciates what we're doing, so we are very thankful to you that you give us the space we need.'' Hwang Jun adds and I look at Hakyeon, who smiles. Hakyeon is glad that I can give the slaves what they need.

Hakyeon grabs my hand and rubs over it with his thumb. It feels really good to feel the warmth on top of my hand, it's like an addiction to me.

We have a chat with the slaves for an hour, until a maid tells me that it's time for me and Hakyeon to come back.

''Alright. Well, we'd love to have a talk with you and sleep well okay? We'll see you tomorrow.'' I tell the slaves and they nod, before they make their way to the barn. Hakyeon and I turn and we make our way inside the palace again. In the hallway, my mum and my siblings are standing there with all of their luggage. No way, is it time already for them to move out?

''It's time for us to move to a smaller palace and it's tradition to move out as soon as the heir is crowned. I wish you two all the best and we'll visit you two whenever we can and whenever you two have time.'' my mum says and I nod. It's unbelievable that they move out as soon as I got crowned as the new king, but I'm glad that they will visit me whenever it is possible.

My mum walks over to me and pulls me in for a hug first.

''You're going to do well Taekwoon. It's a lot of responsiblity, but you will do well. You have Hakyeon next to you, so I don't think that it'll turn out into a disaster.'' my mum says and lets go of me, before she pulls Hakyeon into a hug.

''Stay strong Taekwoon, the vampires will need a young king who is strong whatever situation he faces. And you promised to stay loyal to them, so take care.'' Jin Mi says and pulls me into a hug, before he lets go and before my other siblings start to hug me. I'm going to miss their presence, but I'm glad that they don't leave me behind as soon as they moved to the smaller palace.

My mum and my siblings collect their stuff and they make their way out. Hakyeon and I stand in the doorway and we wave at them as soon as they disappear in the distance. Once they are no longer visible, Hakyeon and I make our way inside again and we walk to the livingroom. Now it feels like reality to me, now I realise that I'm the king over such a huge kingdom. My dad was a tough cookie, but he won a lot of land and he ruled over an incredible big kingdom.

''So Taekwoon, it's reality now. We are the kings over this kingdom, unbelievable.'' Hakyeon says as soon as I sit down on the couch. Hakyeon sits down on top of my lap and his head rests against my chest. I wrap my arms around Hakyeon and I sigh when I notice the silence. It's weird to realise that this is going to be the silence that I have to get used to and that I can't ask my mum right away if there is something that I need.

''I know, it's reality now. I have to get used to this big title, because I have lived as an heir for centuries.'' I tell Hakyeon and Hakyeon nods, before I rub over his arm. 

Dawn is about to kick in, so we should head for bed soon. I hope that the slaves will realise that I'm okay with it if they need a few more hours of sleep, because I want them to get some rest.

''I'm tired Taekwoon, let's go to bed shall we?'' Hakyeon looks up and starts to yawn. As if he read my mind, my goodness.

''Yeah sure, let's go then. Let's spend our first moment as a married couple together.'' I tell him and Hakyeon smiles weak, before he manages to get up from my lap and I let go of him. I get up aswell and I wrap an arm around Hakyeon's waist.

The two of us leave the livingroom and we make our way upstairs. I can't get tired, but I need some sleep too.

A/N I wrote this during class in which I have nothing to do basically. So I'm going to write instead.