THIRTY

From Slave To Lover

The further the conversation goes, the more uncomfortable the slaves become. They have all the reason to feel uncomfortable, because it's not the best moment to meet the one who sold you to a vampire family.

''We are having a better time now than when we came in here, because the former king treated us like real slaves. This gentleman treats us how we feel like, as real humans. He also doesn't treat us as a vampire's meal and we are happy about that.'' Hwang Jun says and the man looks at him. I'm happy that someone like Hwang Jun finally has some gut to tell the seller how they feel now that they're here.

I hear the man growl and I can see him in the corner of my eye, I will keep an eye on him. I don't trust this man, but he has some guts to show up now that I'm the king. As if he thinks that I'm a bit more unaware of stuff, but he is wrong. I have learned a lot from my dad and I am very much aware of whatever creatures do when I don't trust them.

''May I remind you that I told you to be nice to them? I can make very clear that you don't want to be nice to them. I am their owner now and it's up to me what happens to the conversations between them and the other party.'' I say with a stern tone and the man looks at me, before he bows.

''As you wish, Your Majesty.'' the man says and I look at the others of the group. None of them says a word and they follow this man as if they are dogs.

''Well, does anyone of you have something to say?'' I ask and the other humans shake their heads. I'm sure they have something to say, but they are too scared to open their mouth. Is it because of me or is it because of that the man told them to stay quiet?

I nod and I look back at the slaves, who look with a scared look at me. Poor things, they don't like it to see the man who sold them to my dad.

''Alright, I think it's time for us to go. It's a very short visit, but we also wanted to see who was taking care of this group now. Thank you very much for your hospitality.'' the man says and Hakyeon walks away to lead them to the gates.

''Goodness, Your Majesty. That was the most awkward moment I have experienced.'' Hwang Jun says and I nod.

''I could tell that from your faces and that's why I wanted to cut it off.'' I tell Hwang Jun and the slaves bow, before they kneel down in front of me.

''Thank you so much, Your Majesty. Thanks to you, we have more freedom and we are glad that we are no longer with that man. Because he treated us even more badly than your father did.'' another slave says and my eyes widen. Oh wow, this man is a bad guy huh?

The slaves are back to work and I made my way inside. That's when Hakyeon comes back and he smiles, before he wraps his arms around my waist.

''That was very awkward to see that man again, but I'm sure that the slaves felt like that too.'' Hakyeon says and I wrap my arms around him, before I nod.

''You're right. They were glad that he left, because they felt very uncomfortable. And on top of that, they thanked me for treating them well. Because Hwang Jun told me that you guys were treated even worse by him than by my dad.'' I tell Hakyeon and he sighs, before he nods.

''That's right, that man loved it to treat us poorly. Often, we didn't get any food and we struggled to stay alive. But he also some of us, luckily not me.'' Hakyeon explains and my eyes widen. What? My goodness, I never thought they were even treated even worse by this man.

I pull Hakyeon's head close and I streak through his hair as soon as his ear rests on my chest.

''I'm so thankful that we ended up here, because you turned me into someone I never would've thought that I would be.'' Hakyeon says and smiles, before I place a kiss on his head.

''If I didn't fall for you, I probably wouldn't be a king today. If you weren't there for me as my support when my dad almost killed me, I wouldn't be here aswell. So I'm thankful to you for supporting me.'' I tell Hakyeon and I take him with me to the ballroom. It's been a while since we entered this gorgeous room and I know that I'm only going to this room when I have meetings with ministers and whenever we organise a big party.

''It's been a while since we were here huh?'' Hakyeon asks and I nod when I look at him.

''Indeed, it's been awhile. But it still feels amazing to come here.'' I tell Hakyeon and I giggle afterwards. But it's also the first time that Hakyeon and I enter the ballroom without having any of my family members around. No mum, no Jin Mi.

''But it feels a bit new aswell, because it's the first time that we enter the room as a couple and without any of my family members.'' I tell Hakyeon and Hakyeon nods.

''Now you say so, you are right. This is the first time that none of your family is here with us. Gosh, now it feels a bit weird.'' Hakyeon says and I wrap a hand around his wrist.

''Come, dance with me my dear.'' I tell him and Hakyeon giggles, before we start to dance. I'm leading and we dance the dance we used to do at our wedding.

It still feels amazing to dance with Hakyeon, even though it's just two of us.

A/N This one is a bit shorter, but it's because I have to help at school for something.