EIGHT

From Slave To Lover

During dessert, I hear the slaves talk behind my back about their first impression about everything here. It's a big palace we live in and our garden is huge, something they have to take care of. And they also talk about Hakyeon not being around them for the entire afternoon. They have no idea about the relationship between us and I want to keep it like that, though the slaves will suspect something. Because Hakyeon won't spend the night with them, he'll spend the night with me. I don't care that my dad doesn't appreciate it, because Hakyeon will be mine forever.

I keep my mouth shut during dessert and I listen to several conversations that my parents have with the rest of my family. Woo Jin looks at me with an angry glare, but I ignore that. I ignore whatever glare my family is giving me, because I do whatever I want. My dad wants be to behave within the royal standards, but I wanna be different and I decide for myself whatever is right or wrong. 

''Your Majesty?'' I hear a voice ask behind me and I turn to see who called for me. It isn't Hakyeon who asked me, but another slave called my name.

''Yes?'' I ask and silence shortly follows.

''Where had Hakyeon been this afternoon? We missed him during our free time in the garden.'' the same slave asks and I have to watch my words now, because they can't know that Hakyeon and I confessed to each other that we love each other. 

''Hakyeon wanted to talk to me in private about something and we talked somewhere else but the barn, because Hakyeon didn't want to disturb all of you with his story.'' I answer and I can see Hakyeon looking at me with confusion. But as soon as I look at him, he understands why I answered like that. Hakyeon understands that I try to protect him by covering up some lies, while I usually can't lie at all. To my surprise, the slave nods and continues his dessert.

I turn back and finish my dessert. Not so much to my surprise is that I am the first to finish my dessert and I wait until the others are ready. I really feel the urge to turn around and to hold Hakyeon close to me, but neither my dad nor the slaves can know that Hakyeon and I are close to dating. So I have to do whatever it takes not to show that Hakyeon and I are into each other a lot.

Then, my mum is the next to finish her dessert and smiles when she looks at me. She knows that Hakyeon is going to be mine, despite the fact that he is a slave. Slaves are here to work hard, to be treated badly by my dad and to be killed in the end, but I have to protect Hakyeon from that. I have to make sure that Hakyeon isn't going to do those tasks and I have to train him to turn him into a prince, because he'll be my partner if I am going to rule over this kingdom.

Dinner has finished and the slaves are able to go back to their barn. Tomorrow is the day that the hard working will start, so they have to get some rest. I leave the ballroom and as soon as I'm about to go upstairs, a warm hand has been wrapped around my wrist. I turn around and I smile when I see Hakyeon behind me.

''I'm glad you didn't go with them to the barn, Hakyeon. Come with me.'' I tell him and Hakyeon smiles as I pull him with me upstairs. Hakyeon giggles and I take him with me to my bedroom. I have to do some very hard work to shake off Hakyeon's image as a slave, so I think I have a lot to do if I wanna train him. But I'll stay confident that I will succeed in training Hakyeon.

The two of us enter my bedroom and after my door is closed, I push Hakyeon on my kingsize bed and I sit down on top of him, making Hakyeon giggle.

''Ugh, that dinner lasted way too long for me. And even though you were very near me, I couldn't wrap my arms around you because of the other slaves.'' Hakyeon says and I look at him with a smile. He is right about that, because it was taking way too long. And to keep it a secret for the other slaves and for my dad is killing both of us basically.

Hakyeon wraps his hands around my neck and I close my eyes when I feel those warm hands touch my neck. I never knew how warm humans could be, but it feels wonderful to feel Hakyeon's warm hands in my neck.

''It's just the two of us now, Hakyeon. Just you and me, no one else.'' I say and I smile. I am looking forward to lay down next to him, but I have to keep myself under control and not to bite Hakyeon because of my desire taking over. I don't want to harm Hakyeon and to break his trust.

Hakyeon pulls me closer and it doesn't take long before I feel his warm lips on mine. I wrap my arms around his neck and Hakyeon giggles.

''I'm so glad I'm spending my time here with you, Taekwoon. I'm glad someone like you sees me as someone but a slave.'' Hakyeon says and I open my eyes, making me look straight in Hakyeon's eyes. For one moment, I break the kiss and I smile at Hakyeon. His eyes fill with tears again and I place a kiss on his forehead.

''You deserve it to be treated like you should be treated. Ofcourse, the other slaves do too. But you caught my eye the most and I want you to be mine.'' I tell him and Hakyeon smiles as tears start to flow. Hakyeon is full of emotions right now, because of his bad past of being treated poorly.

''T-Thanks for l-loving me, Taekwoon.'' Hakyeon says and I keep kissing his forehead. I feel so freaking guilty right now, so I hope that my treatment towards him will make things up for him.

''You deserve to be happy, Hakyeon. Even if it's with a vampire prince like me.'' I smile and a faint smile appears on Hakyeon's face.

I have to protect him when we're going to sleep, because I am pretty sure that my dad will keep an eye on us and will try to take Hakyeon away whenever he sees his chance. And even though I can count on the help of my mum and Jin Mi, I don't trust my dad. And I don't even trust the twin boys, because they can take Hakyeon away aswell. Even though the two look like 10 year old twins.

''And on top of that, you're going to spend your time with me here aswell. Whenever it's time to sleep, you're going to sleep next to me. I have to protect you to make sure that my dad won't touch you.'' I tell him and Hakyeon's eyes widen.

''No way Taekwoon, you don't mean that right? A slave like me next to you in this huge bed? Are you sure?'' Hakyeon asks and I nod. 

''Hakyeon, I already told you that I can't lie. Vampires can't lie and all my words are true, don't forget about that.'' I continue and Hakyeon bites his lip. I feel so sorry for Hakyeon, but he's safe with me and I will protect him to keep him safe and happy.