SIXTEEN

From Slave To Lover

''Taekwoon?'' Jin Mi asks and rushes outside. I look at him and Hakyeon wraps an arm around me, because Hakyeon is scared for what is going to happen.

''Yes Jin Mi, what's wrong? There has to be something, because you otherwise wouldn't have that look on your face.'' I tell him and Jin Mi looks with a sad look at me. Some vampires really know how to put a certain look on their face and Jin Mi is one of them.

''Dad and the twin boys are murdered in front of the gates. Mum is going to arrange their funerals immediately, so you have to come inside.'' Jin Mi says and turns, before walking away. I look at Hakyeon and I start to smile. I'm glad that they're no longer here, because Hakyeon and I couldn't develop our relationship well when these three came inbetween and they were the only ones that were against our relationship.

''Come on Hakyeon, let's go inside.'' I say and I place a kiss on Hakyeon's forehead. Hakyeon smiles and his head rests on my shoulder as turn sideways to make our way inside.

''Hakyeon-ah, where you going? We just loved it to have you around again.'' a slave by the name Hwang Jun says and all the slaves gather around us as soon as they see that we want to leave.

''Guys, we just heard some news and I think that you might be happy about it. But we just heard that the King and his youngest sons were murdered when they were checking what was going on at the gates. And the Queen asked the prince's younger brother to get us, so that we can arrange things for the funerals.'' Hakyeon explains and everyone starts to cheer. I understand their reaction, because they no longer are being bothered by someone who bought them to do some hard work.

''B-But that means that we're going to be free anytime soon.'' another slaves says and everyone starts to talk through each other. Well, I consider to let them out and to let them return to the human world as individuals.

''Guys! That means we have to leave Hakyeon behind aswell.'' yet another slave says and everyone turns silent, because the reality starts to kick in that they have to leave Hakyeon behind. Hakyeon came with them and is being left behind here, because he fell in love with a prince. Something they thought that was impossible.

''Guys, I'll be fine. This prince won't hurt me and is taking very good care of me, just like you asked him to do. And I won't stay human forever, because I will turn into a vampire once it's time.'' Hakyeon says and all of the slaves' eyes widen.

But before we can continue our conversation with the slaves, Jin Mi yells yet again that we have to come over. Hakyeon sighs and smiles at the slaves.

''See you later guys.'' Hakyeon says and pulls me with him as we make our way inside. Hakyeon has changed a lot since I took him away from the life of the slaves and made him my boyfriend. Hakyeon can finally express himself better and he also loves to touch me a lot, because he still can't keep his hand off me when he gets the change to touch me.

We enter the palace and just before I am about to enter the ballroom, my mum comes out of it and immediately separates me from Hakyeon by pulling me at my arm.

''Wait there Hakyeon, I'll be right back.'' I tell him and Hakyeon nods. My mum drags me to the livingroom and we sit down on the couch.

''Mum, why was that?'' I ask my mum and my mum takes a small box out of her pocket, before handing it over to me. I open the box and see a ring in it, my dad's ring. I close the box and my eyes widen. Does my mum want me to propose to Hakyeon? But we are together for just a few months.

''Taekwoon, I give you this ring so that you can propose to Hakyeon. I want you two to get married ,I'm not forcing you, but I wanna step back from the throne after this happened with your dad and I think it's time to pass it on. And you can only be crowned when you're married. But since I want it to happen fast, you'll be crowned on your wedding day.'' my mum tells me and I just sit there. It doesn't look like my mum is broken by the fact that her husband and two of her children died, but maybe she wants to pass it on so that she can give all of this a spot.

''O-Okay mum. But what about the slaves? Are we going to send them back to the human world or are we keeping them here?'' I ask and my mum looks at me with a faint smile.

''I want to keep them for a while, because they are going to be very useful to help me in the preparations for the wedding. Now, go back to Hakyeon and propose. I'm sure you don't want to wait any longer am I right?'' my mum says and I nod. I get up and put the box in my pocket.

I walk back to Hakyeon, who looks at me with a smile. He is happy that I am unharmed and that nothing is wrong. He wraps his arms around my waist and his head rests against my chest.

''I'm glad nothing has happened to you, I already got worried.'' Hakyeon says and lets go of me immediately. I then grab the box out of my pocket and I sit down on one knee, making Hakyeon's eyes widen.

''We're together for a short time, but I never felt anything like this before. I managed to comfort you and you were there for me when I had to recover from what my dad did to me. I love you a lot and that's why I wanna ask you: Will you marry me?'' I tell him and I open the box, revealing my dad's ring. Hakyeon starts to cry and nods. Lots of applause is coming from around us and I get up and take the ring out of the box, before I slide it on Hakyeon's finger.

Hakyeon wraps his arms around me again and I wrap my arms around him aswell. Hakyeon keeps crying tears in happiness and looks up at me. I place a kiss on his forehead.

''Finally you are going to be mine Hakyeon, you're going to be mine forever.'' I tell him and I start to kiss his hair. I then look up and see the rest of my family around us along with the slaves.

Hakyeon smiles and I then start to kiss him on the lips. Something I was thinking of is actually coming a lot faster than I was thinking of.

Hakyeon breaks the kiss and looks at everyone around us with a smile, before he is showing them his ring and that results in another round of applause. The ring of my dad looks good on his finger, so I'm glad my mum told me to pass it on to Hakyeon.

''Alright everyone, let's go back to whatever you were doing.'' my mum says and the slaves immediately return outside, but they don't rush out to my relief. I walk with Hakyeon to the ballroom and I sit down on my chair, before pulling Hakyeon on my lap.

''I love you so much Hakyeon, I'm glad that you're going to be mine now.'' I tell Hakyeon and he starts to kiss me once again, but he deepens the kiss immediately. Hakyeon wraps his arms around my neck and I wrap my arms around his waist.

''I love you too Taekwoon, I really love you. I can't believe we're going to get married, I can't believe I'm going to marry a vampire prince who saved me from his own father.'' Hakyeon says and starts to rub with his thumb over my neck.

I understand why my mum is going to do this. Maybe she wants to step back so that she can take all the time to give the passing of my dad and my twin brothers a spot, but I'm glad she isn't going to rule on her own. It could be that she was thinking the same. But for now, I'm going to focus on the wedding and I'm going to give more love to Hakyeon.

I'll see when I'll turn him into a vampire, but it's too early for now. That's something for later.

A/N Here is my first chapter for this story in 2019. The twist in this might be a bit confusing, but this turned out better than what I first wanted to write and I kinda ended up dead on that one. So this was a better idea that turned out how I wanted it.