FOURTY-FOUR

From Slave To Lover

Not long later, we're upstairs and I took a seat at our bed as Hakyeon gets changed. We're having a long day tomorrow and I need my rest, because I might act annoyed if I don't. Hakyeon and I are going to visit a museum where the owner is going to give us a special tour, so I'm excited for that. Not that I'm someone who loves art, but it's wonderful to look at.

I've felt a little of our daughter's movements and I smiled when I felt that. I'm now entering the stage of the pregnancy where our little girl will let us know that she is here and we can't wait to hold her in our arms.

I rub over my stomach with my hand and I look at my stomach. I look huge for 5 months and the doctor said that I only carry one child, but maybe this is how a first pregnancy should be like. I don't know to be honest, but I don't care much either.

''Behave when we're going out tomorrow, mummy isn't going to like it if you hurt mummy.'' I say and I smile brighter, while looking at my stomach. Maybe we should start with decorating the room for our daughter, because those 4 months will pass us incredibly fast.

That's when Hakyeon enters the room and smiles, before he sits down on the bed next to me. He places his hands on my stomach and chuckles.

''I can't believe that we're going to become a family so soon. Not that I wanted to wait a little longer with it, because I don't want our daughter to feel upset about it.'' Hakyeon says and I kiss his neck. I can't believe it either and it happened quite unexpected, but we have to welcome our little girl with open arms.

''Hakyeon, our daughter won't be upset about it if she is old enough. She will be surprised when we will tell her that she was quite unexpected, but that we are happy that she came into our family.'' I tell Hakyeon and Hakyeon nods, before he rubs over my stomach. Everyone in our family will welcome our daughter with open arms and she will get everything she needs.

Hakyeon kisses my neck and lets go of me.

''Come on, get changed. We have a long day tomorrow huh?'' Hakyeon says and I nod, before I get up. I get my stuff together and I make my way to the bathroom, where I get changed. But as soon as I'm about to put on my shirt, I can't help but look at how big I look for being 5 months pregnant. Maybe this looks normal for being 5 months along, but I never have seen this before.

''Hey baby girl, daddy and I can't wait to meet you. Until then, we'll take good care of you and me in particular.'' I say and I rub over my 5 month old stomach. For now, our little girl is quiet so I assume that she is asleep already. I quickly put on my shirt and I brush my teeth, before I make my way back to the bedroom where Hakyeon is waiting for me underneath the blankets.

As soon as both of us are underneath the blankets, I turn so that my back faces Hakyeon. Hakyeon wraps his arms around me and his hands rest on my stomach.

''I love to cuddle like this, Taekwoon. I don't know what you think of this, but I'm sure that our miracle loves this. She will love this more during the rest of the pregnancy. At least, I hope she will.'' Hakyeon says and I chuckle, before Hakyeon starts to kiss my neck.

''I always love to cuddle with you Hakyeon, you know that. As for our little girl, she will love it. She is going to respond to it more now, so I'll get to know what she thinks of it. But don't wait for that, Hakyeon. I just entered the 5th month, so she won't be that active yet.'' I tell Hakyeon and he nods. He pulls me closer and I chuckle.

It's been a few months since Hakyeon and I got married. Since then, a lot has changed. Even more compared to when Hakyeon was a slave and when we were dating, because it was like it was all an act. But it wasn't an act. And look where we are now, we're expecting our first child together.

It's hard to say, but I'm thankful for my dad to sacrifice his life. Because if he didn't die, none of this would've happened. Hakyeon and I wouldn't be married and our child wouldn't be on the way.

''You're thinking about your dad?'' Hakyeon asks after a few minutes of silence and I nod when I look at him.

''I am, but that doesn't mean that I miss him. If I would've missed him would mean that this never happened.'' I tell Hakyeon and Hakyeon smiles when he kisses my neck.

''I understand Taekwoon. But I never could make up that you miss him when he was killed, so I'm glad that everything is settled now.'' Hakyeon tells me and I hum in response. Us vampires don't really know a lot of emotions, but I at least can feel happiness.

Hakyeon rubs over my stomach and I close my eyes, trying to get some sleep. From this month, it's going to be a hell for me. Because the further I get into the pregnancy, the more active our little girl becomes. What is going to result in keeping me awake.

I feel a soft kick and Hakyeon chuckles, while his hands still go back and forth over my stomach. It's cute to see Hakyeon like this, as if being a parent was in his genes when he was a young kid. I don't know how he was like as a kid, so that part is completely blank for me.

''Trying to get some sleep my love?'' Hakyeon asks and I nod. We have to get up early and we are going to stay away from the palace for a long time, so I want to get some energy by getting some sleep.

''It's gonna be a long day tomorrow, Hakyeon. Get some sleep too.'' I tell him and Hakyeon hums, before he starts to kiss my neck again.

''As you wish, my love.'' Hakyeon chuckles and closes his eyes, but can't stop kissing my neck.

''I'm proud of you for being such a great mum already.'' Hakyeon says and I smile. I probably would've said the same thing if he was the one who was pregnant, but it doesn't matter. Because that hard task is up to me right now.