ch 6

Your next schedule is....me

Yerin walked behind Sowon, they were going somewhere. To do what, she had no idea. Observing the surroundings, Yerin noticed that they were nearing a hospital, beyond the hospital, Yerin had no clue of what was there, as she only recognized the streets for her own sanity, not the stores or cafes.

"Sowon unnie?"

Sowon gave her a cursory glance before looking back forwards.

"I hope you don't mind if we sit for a long time."

"It's fine unnie, it'll be training for me waiting for you in the studios."

Yerin knew that Sowon was looking, even if it didn't look like it, giving her best smile, she reached out a little to offer her hand for Sowon to hold. She watched as Sowon's hand twitch in hesitation before she reached out and linked their hands.

Still walking slightly behind Sowon to follow her lead, Yerin felt her hand being tugged.

"Unnie?"

"Walk besides me, idiot."

Ducking her head at 'idiot' she gave a small chuckle in embarassment, but didn't bother to correct Sowon. Instead, she just followed her closer, albeit still maybe a tenth of a step behind Sowon. The model sighed but let Yerin be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Sowon stopped, Yerin bumped lightly into her side, surprised at their destination, the hospital.

"Unnie, are you uncomfortable anywhere?"

"I'm perfectly healthy, thank you."

They entered the hospital quietly, Yerin noticed the nurses looking in their direction, Sowon pulled their intertwined hands into the pocket of her jacket. Leading Yerin to the seats, she took a seat in the spot closest to the corridor.

"Unnie, are you going to tell me why we are here?"

"Shhh."

Yerin sat still, looking around the hospital, as well as noticing the nurses gossiping with each other, whether about her and Sowon or not.

Like that, they sat for six hours, Yerin occasionally went out to get snacks for Sowon, but the older refused everything but a cup of americano.

"Miss, you can't loiter here."

"I'll be going now."

Yerin watched as Sowon reluctantly got up and walked towards the exit. Chasing after Sowon lightly, Yerin had wanted to hold her hand again, but was cut short by a nurse running after Sowon.

"Sojung ssi."

Sowon looked up from the ground and nodded to the nurse.

"Yuna."

"Sojung ssi, I want you to talk to Yewon one day."

"One day?"

The nurse looked away for a little before continuing.

"Today, both she and I had to assist in a major surgery, so you only saw her when they let her out for a breather, I noticed that she didn't even want to go out because she saw you."

Yerin listened carefully, it was true that Sowon had fidgeted a few times during their stay.

"If that's so, then why are you telling me to see her?"

"Because I know you're trying to talk to her. Sojung ssi, she still cares for you, I know it. She just doesn't know how to reach out, so I'm asking you to take the first step for her."

"I've been trying, I come every weekend, only to get ignored. It makes me wonder why I even bother to come."

Yuna looked down, biting her lip in frustration.

"Then, fine. Next time, I'm going to make her look at you, in return, you need to start the conversation. I hate seeing Yewon troubled everytime a patient comes in with 'that condition'."

Sowon gives a slightl scoff and Yerin wanted to hold her back from being too mean, but it wasn't her place. Her place was just to be an observer.

"You make it sound so serious, when it's just a broken bone."

Sowon shrugged off Yuna's hand which had reached out to stop her, continuing on her way out of the hospital. Yerin started to follow but stopped when she was in front of the nurse.

"Uhmmm Yuna, was it?"

Glancing at the name tag, she confirmed the name. Choi Yuna.

"Yuna ssi, I think, I can make Sowon unnie come here next weekend. I...probably will get yelled at because I don't know anything, but I think I can help you. You aren't trying to hurt unnie right?"

Yuna just shook her head, still sad over Sowon's rejection.

"Then, I'll see you next weekend. Sorry for causing you trouble!"

"Wait, but who are you?"

"I'm Jung Yerin, Sowon unnie's newest manager. Bye bye!"

Yerin ran out of the hospital, expecting Sowon to have left her behind when she didn't see her behind her, but instead, Yerin was surprised of the actress standing a little ways away from the exit.

"Unnie?"

"Let's go home."

Smiling and reaching out to link arms with Sowon, Yerin giggled a little to lighten the mood.

"Did you wait for me?"

"Whatever, slowpoke."

Sowon didn't remove her arm from Yerin's hold.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The tab of a beer can snapped and Yerin watched warily as Sowon poured it into a cup. They had gotten dinner at a nearby small family restaurant and Sowon had started to drink. Aware of her own drunk habits, she refused to order any alcohol as Sowon then promptly asked for another bottle of soju.

"Sowon unnie?"

"What?"

Hearing the sharp edge in her words, Yerin shrunk a little, like her first day of work, she was once more, unsure of what to do. Silently berating herself, Yerin sighed, why did she promise to help the other girl when she couldn't really understand exactly who Sowon was in the first place.

"You're thinking. Stop it."

"Eh?"

"Deal with it tomorrow, come on, have a drink."

Sowon shakily tried to scoot a cup to Yerin, but she still refused, taking notice of the tremors in the actress's stability.

"Unnie, you've had enough."

"I only had two bottles and three cans. I can have more, shush."

Yerin watched as Sowon opened her third bottle before stopping her mid-drink.

"Unnie, I want to go home, let's go."

"I....just want to talk to her."

Stopping in her tracks, Yerin sat back down, would Sowon spill about what happened today or not? Shaking her headm Yerin decided that it'd be better if Sowon told her when she was sober. Getting back up, she tugged lightly on Sowon's sleeve.

"Unnie, let's go home."

"Listen to me! She doesn't even want to see me! What a little sister I have."

Then her words became mumbles that Yerin could barely catch. Paying the bill, Yerin huffed as shse forcefully grabbed Sowon by the waist and hoisted her over her shoulder.

"We're going home, please behave unnie."

"UGH! It's all my fault......hurkkk"

"Unnie? Please don't puke on me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yerin sighed and washed her face, she had tried to find Sowon's keys to put her in her apartment but she didn't want to touch Sowon's body more than she needed to, resulting in the current situation, Sowon was passed out on Yerin's bed, tears staining her cheeks. Halfway home, Sowon had started bawling her eyes out, scaring Yerin.

"We're going to talk in the morning."

Feeling a buzz in her pocket, a message from management came in, she needed to attend a meeting tomorrow. Sighing, Yerin tucked herself on the couch. Tomorrow will take quite a bit of energy.