ch 19

Your next schedule is....me

Sowon blinked as she watched Yerin being nervous in front of her, sighing with a slight annoyance, she closed her eyes and placed her head in her hands.

"Can you calm down for one second?"

"S-sorry! I can't help it! You're going on Law of the Jungle alone! What am I going to do!? There's so many scary thigns in teh wild! There's snakes and bears and boars and-"

Sowon sighed giving up as Yerin continued to list all the possible dangers of her travelling on the survival program.

"A-and if you get hurt…get hurt..I would..be…"

"Would be what? What is it? Do you just not trust me in taking care of myself or something?!"

She was frustrated, Yerin had been pacing in front of her for the last hour and it was getting on her nerves as it warmed her heart but was unable to act on it. If she could just stop cutely mumbling to herself and worrying for one second for Sowon to relax.

Ignoring Yerin as best as she could, Sowon closed her eyes again, rubbing her temple as she resisted the urge to hug her manager to stop her. Since her last outburst, Yerin seemed to be a little more distant to her, maybe it was a bad idea, maybe her hunch was right that her manager did like her romantically.

"I mean it was just a kiss on the cheek..."

"Huh? Unnie? Did you say something?"

"Nothing. Stop worrying alright? I'll be there with a full emergency team and all the cast members will look out for me."

"I can't talk you out of going?"

Sowon hesitated, Yerin's pleading eyes were making her falter in her decisions.

"I really can't talk you out of going?"

"Only if you find an equally popular program and get me a spot which coincides with it."

Yerin drooped and Sowon took a breath of air. That was close. The door to their shared apartment opened and Sowon's other manager walked in holding a sheet of paper.

"Oh, you're both here, great."

"Oppa? What brings you here on a Sunday night?"

"I have your schedule for the next two weeks, it's been updated."

"What's changed?"

Yerin held the paper carefully as she scanned the activities one by one.

"Theres....no law of the jungle."

"What?"

No way, Sowon was going to take that opportunity away from her to strengthen her mindset as the other manager was the one to travel with her if she had gone.

"Unnie! They canceled the law of the jungle episode because of the weather!"

Sighing, Sowon went to her room to lay down. Covering her eyes with her arm, she listened through her open door as her two managers discussed what had changed and what times had been changed. Hearing the conversation end and Yerin greeting the other as they left, she remained still when she heard Yerin's familiar footsteps come closer.

Feeling the bed dip, Sowon registered that Yerin had taken a seat beside her.

"Did you really want to go that badly unnie?"

"Of course, I love nature."

"But you hate bugs."

"I do."

"Then why would you want to go there?"

"Because you didn't give a valid reason for me to not go. I might not like bugs but it's a promotional opportunity after all."

"If...."

Sowon moved her arm to look at Yerin's backside, the young manager looked to be twiddling her fingers in her lap as she concentrated.

"If I said I didn't want you to go?"

"I'd still go."

"Then if I said...that I didn't want you to leave me? I mean like, sure it'd probably just end up as me working in the office for the duration of the filming and all but like...oh what am I saying."

Pressing a hesitant hand to Yerin's shoulder, she made her manager turn around.

"Can I get a hug?"

"Huh?"

"It means nothing, I just want a hug."

Yerin blinked a few times more before complying, leaning down to wrap Sowon in her arms.

"Did I make you sad?"

Sowon didn't respond.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Skinship between females are normal in this country. Yeah."

Yerin puffed a breath of warm air on her hands as she shivered outside in the cold. She was waiting on her best friend who had asked her out on a drink. Yelping as cold hands slipped under her clothes to freeze her sides, she jumped out of the other person's reach, glaring.

SinB laughed at Yerin's expense, almost falling over with the laughter.

"I really got you that time! Hahaha!"

Yerin just relaxed with a smile on her face as she easily fell back into the easy going flow of Hwang Eunbi, aka SinB, her best friend from when she went to the gym.

"Where di you plan to go drinking today?"

"I found this nice little place over the next block, it's close enough to be safe you know?"

They easily caught up with each other, Yerin's hand resting on the other's hip naturally as they walked together. She silently reminded herself that this was the friendship skinship that she had been dealing with between herself and Sowon.

"Hey, Eunbi?"

"Yea?"

"This is normal right?"

"What is? Today? Right now? What would be unordinary besides your question?"

Yerin sighed as she cracked the seal on the soju bottle as they waited on their eel to cook on the grill.

"Well, these days I question my own actions in the presence of another."

"Wow. That's rare, the Jung Yerin, thinking about her actions."

They chuckled together, remembering the numerous times they had gotten into trouble together not only at the gym for being extra with each other, but as well as the places they went together, like the mall.

"Hey, I was just getting self concious alright? I was jsut feeling a little too much out of my comfort zone."

"Woah slow down, comfort zone? Never heard of you respecting that before."

Yerin cracked a grin as SinB clinked cups with hers, both downing their shot glasses of soju.

"Nah, it's more like I know I'm feeling for someone, but I don't know how to act around them."

"Haven't you ever heard of being yourself?"

"No! It's not that easy Eunbi ah, I'm not allowed to like them."

"What kind of bull is that?"

Yerin sighed as she leaned her cheek on her hand.

"I signed a contract that says I can't date them."

"That's....not what I expected. The answer is simple then isn't it? You just don't go for 'em."

"I wish it was that simple. The thing is, my job is to care for her as a manager, right? So, I always have to be near her, and sometimes she does these things that make my head spin and wonder what's right or wrong."

SinB slowly put her glass down, placing her palms flat on the table between them.

"Oh my god. You're actually in love."

"I know."

==============

So how will Yerin act around Sowon after her down to earth chat with SinB? ufufufufufu I love a long weekend!