ch 17

Your next schedule is....me

Yerin waited patiently, sitting in the booth of the radio station, this time, instead of just a solo broadcast like before, it was an actress and actor special, featuring several artists at once. Right now it was Sowon’s interview going on.

“So, have you met the currently trending cute little sister next door actress Jung Eunha?”

Yerin hummed as she listened, making notes on what went on around Sowon diligently, maybe she should search up this Eunha to see who she was.

“Eunha? You mean the Eunha who was in that drama, oh I forgot the name for a second right now, the one where she’s the girl being chased by her father’s assassins but the entire time she doesn’t know what’s going on because of her guards?”

“Ah! I know what you’re talking about! Yeah, I also can’t seem to remember the title as well, but yes, that Eunha. Hopefully the writers in the office could pull that up for me in a bit.”

“Yea, she was great in that one. I met her at a salon shop recently, she’s really cute. A lot of fun to tease honestly.”

“You say that as if you’re already close friends, how did you meet?”

Yerin quickly pulled out her phone, that Eunha? The one who was flirting with Sowon the entire time at the salon? Searching up the drama and finding an image, she blinked as it was indeed the short cutie.

“Oooh, we met like four years ago? We were in the same acting academy at one point as well, but four years ago, we were both trying out for a drama, needless to say, we both didn’t make it and well….it didn’t do well anyways.  When we were both sad, we went out together after to well, let off some steam. We hit it off pretty easily and that’s how we ended up here.”

Looking at her phone, Yerin jolted as a message dinged in.

[I heard Sowon unnie said something about me on radio I can’t listen right now, what did she say?]

[Aren’t you supposed to be working?]

[I am! That’s why I’m asking instead of sneaking out]

[Well, she was just talking about how you met. Are you busy? It seems like they might call you.]

[OMO! I’ll tell the cast, this will be good content]

[What are you filming?]

[variety show shh]

Sighing as she put down her phone to look at Sowon, she wondered why in the world did she exchange numbers with her without Sowon’s knowledge. The shorter told her it was a secret.

“Can we get a phone call with Eunha ssi?”

“Of course, I just need my phone.”

Sowon waved Yerin in, she hurriedly handed the phone over and escaped. This radio was also being live broadcasted, and she really didn’t need more attention than she already had because of Sowon’s fame. Yerin had seen the articles, how some were jealous of her, some were saying she was pretty. It made her self-conscious and uncomfortable.

Sighing as she sat down in the couch again, Yerin propped her cheek on her hand as she listened.

“Hello?”

“Eunha yah!”

“Oh! Sowon unnie! Hello~”

“Look at her being cute with her voice. She’s always like this.”

“Eung? Unnie?”

“Eunha yah! I’m on a radio show, say hi.”

“Ahhh hello everyone! What’s going on?”

“Hello! I’d like to ask you a few questions about Sowon-ssi here, do you have time?”

“Of course!”

Yerin perked up, holding her pen at the ready, she waited on what Eunha would say that she could possibly not know about. Nodding her head along as Eunha listed how nice Sowon was, how she’d treat her to good food, but ruthlessly , Yerin frowned as she received no new information, and it appeared that Eunha didn’t know about when Sowon was grumpy or what she did on the weekends.

Ending their call with Eunha, the radio took an ad break and handed Sowon some more papers, Yerin watched confusedly. This was different from her schedule, walking in to speak with Sowon, she was cut off by the director begging Sowon to stay and cover the other actor who had for some reason, left for the hospital. Yerin winced a little.

“Unnie, if you don’t want to do it, then don’t. We have other places to be.”

Sowon looked at Yerin, then back at the director’s pleading look. The truth was, after this radio show, they were supposed to go home for five hours to rest before her next schedule, Yerin didn’t want Sowon to be overworked, or overstressed.

“It’s a really chill q and a section, you just have to answer the questions.”

Sowon sighed and ran a hand through her hair, looking at the questions listed on the new script paper she received, she closed her eyes to think. Smiling before opening her eyes, she pushed Yerin a little bit.

“Unnie?”

“Go bring me another coffee.”

“Thank you so so much!”

Yerin worriedly looked at Sowon, but the actress ignored her. Reluctantly, she went outside to get the best Americano she could find. Sitting down in the waiting area of the nearest coffee shop, Yerin pulled out her phone and tuned back into Sowon’s radio program, patiently waiting on the hot dose of caffeine to be prepared. It wouldn’t take too long, but she should still keep an eye- an ear on Sowon’s condition.

“Welcome back! Now we will conduct a q and a session with our star Sowon-ssi! Introduce yourself to our new listeners and we’ll get started!”

Hearing her name called, she quickly went to grab Sowon’s drink, half listening, half focused on her task.

“And what are your thoughts on love? How do you think it feels?”

Yerin halted in the middle of the sidewalk, this caught her attention. Smiling softly at Sowon’s hesitant hum that indicated her thinking, she leaned against the light pole nearby to listen.

“Hmm, love….love is capturing. It….kind of feels a lot like home.”

“Home? Elaborate.”

Hearing Sowon’s soft chuckle reminded Yerin to check the time, if each actor had a set allotted time, then Sowon’s extra shift would end when the other’s would’ve ended.

“Uhh sort of like, safe. You can do anything you want.”

“So, you’re the stronger partner in a relationship?”

“Ah, no, actually. Even if I view it like that, I…should I be saying this? Haha, I like people who take care of me well.”

“But Sowon-ssi, you’re known for taking care of other’s well, wouldn’t it be a little hard to find someone who would be better than you?”

“Hahaha, where’d you hear that from? Well, then this is why I’m still single.”

Yerin nodded to herself, now reentering the radio station. A person who takes care of her well….

“And of course, there’s always that excitement when you’re with them, do you think your heart really would race when you were with them?”

“Heart racing? That’s a given, isn’t it? I just feel like the most important part is that you miss them a lot, and it doesn’t matter what you do, you’re happy.”

“Spoken like a true romantic, man I’m jealous of who would be your future boyfriend!”

“Ahaha! No way!”

Twiddling her thumbs, Yerin waited patiently.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I didn’t know you were that close with Eunha-ssi.”

Sowon hummed, her head laying on Yerin’s shoulder as they waited for her turn in the salon. After sleeping for roughly four hours, they had to get ready for Sowon’s drama again. Yerin remained calm even as Sowon hugged her arm warmly, chanting to herself to not panic, this was something friends did anyways, nothing important.

“It’s not that we’re close, it’s more like she’s easy to waste time with.”

“That sounds a little mean.”

“Hah, does it? Well, next time you meet with her, a bit and you’ll see why.”

Tapping her feet on the floor softly, Yerin breathed evenly. She had thought that Sowon was being harsh with her words because she had just woken up, but with that reason, she supposed it were true.

“She reacts well to your teasing?”

“Always, you about her height and she’ll whine ever so cutely.”

Yerin unconsciously pouted, slightly slouching into the couch. Sowon peeked a look at Yerin’s expression before closing her eyes again with a small smile.

“What are you, jealous?”

“Huh?”

===========

does Sowon find out? kekekeke sorry I took a break from writing ehe