ch 18

Your next schedule is....me

Yerin sat at a table in the back of the set, watching Sowon as she worked. Leaning her cheek on her palm, she sighed. Did she get caught already? When she had only discovered this feeling just recently? Shaking her head, Yerin lay flat on the table, stretching her arms across as far as she could, waking the falling asleep limbs with a groan.

"No, she's just teasing."

Looking at Sowon sideways, her cheek pressed on the table, Yerin closed her eyes as she listened to the drama's dialogue.

"So, if my father forbade it, then you'd give up on me?"

"No."

Sowon sounded so sad, pleading for her lover to not give up on her.

"Don't fall in love with me."

"What is that?"

"I said, don't fall for me!"

"How am I supposed to do that?!"

Yerin blinked as she held her hand to her heart, feeling uncomfortable. Taking a deep breath, she wondered if it was a lung condition. Even after a few breaths of fresh air, it still felt weird.

"Cut! Take five."

Getting up and ignoring the weird feeling, she went up to Sowon who was monitoring her scene. Handing her a cold bottle of water, Yerin noticed the tears at the corner of Sowon's eyes.

"Unnie, are you okay?"

"Huh? Of course."

Sniffing, Sowon wiped her tears, this scene didn't need tears, she was supposed to be mad. Then after, she'd come back to reality, finally accepting the rejection and breaking down at a different location.

Yerin carefully helped wipe Sowon's tears gently, holding her cheek softly. Sowon watched her carefully, feeling more tears coming.

"Th-this is w-weird."

Quickly hugging Yerin, Sowon cried quietly.

"Th-the tears won't stop."

Patting Sowon's back softly, Yerin soothed her gently. Pulling her to the couch to sit down, Yerin held a cold towel to Sowon's eyes when she finally stopped crying to cool her.

"Are you okay now unnie?"

Sowon nodded, not quite trusting her voice again.

"Was it...because you've had this happen before?"

"No."

"Were you lonely?"

Sowon shook her head again, her lips trembling a little still. Yerin tucked Sowon against herself, the taller's hair softly.

"Shhhhh, it's okay, I'm here."

Holding the towel still, Sowon was glad that it hid most of her face. It wasn't that she had experienced it before, but rather, it was happening right now inside herself. If, if she chose to like Yerin, what would the people say? What would her company say? What would Yerin say? She could imagine herself being this cold to Yerin, just to keep her close.

Wrapping her arms around her cutely confused and concerned manager, Sowon hugged her tightly.

"Just hold me for a little."

"Alright unnie."

To Sowon, it wasn't that big of a secret. As an actress, it was easier to see when a person acts, good or bad, you could always see a slight difference. The way Yerin stiffened at times, the way Yerin's heartbeat seemed faster than normal whenever they were close, or even when Yerin let her use her as a pillow. Gathering herself professionally, she in a deep breath before letting go of Yerin. She wouldn't do anything unless Yerin would, that's all she could do.

"I'm fine now, thanks."

Yerin just offered a smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yerin tugged her hair tie as they entered their shared apartment, noticing how Sowon drifted to the kitchen immediately once inside.

"Unnie? Are you hungry?"

"No."

Standing around to see what Sowon was getting, a pout appeared when she saw what Sowon had grabbed from the fridge. Making eye contact, Yerin pleaded with her eyes, it was a weekday, wednesday, yet, alcohol? Sowon just coolly glared back, taking a sip without breaking eye contact.

"I'm stressed. You go to sleep. I'll sleep in a bit."

Yerin sighed and trudged to her room, whatever Sowon did with her time was not her jurisdiction. Seating on her bed and hugging a pillow after changing to fluffy pajamas, she pondered what to do, sleep wasn't coming, her sleep schedule...no longer existed, yet she was still wide awake.

Thinking back to the day's events, she tried to figure out what was causing Sowon stress. There was the scene that made her cry, there was the endless hours of work, there was lack of sleep due to the radio station ordeal. Checking on her phone that Sowon's schedule had more time to rest in the next few days, she frowned as the average sleep time Sowon would have was still less than six hours.

"She'll burn out."

Sighing, Yerin looked to her door before looking back at the ground, what could she do if Sowon kept keeping her out? Hugging a pillow and digging her chin in the top of it as she thought, a crash sounded through the door.

Alarmed, Yerin ran outside.

"Sowon unnie!"

Sowon stared at Yerin, her hand being held up weirdly. Looking back to her own hand, Sowon sighed as she saw teh blood seeping out of her cuts. Running it under freezing cold water as Yerin walked over carefully, Sowon shivered as she ignored her pain.

"Do you need to go to the hospital?"

"I'm fine."

Yerin looked around, there was no glass on the floor, only in the sink. Did Sowon drop it when she was placing it in? Did it slip from her hands? Tugging Sowon's hand out of the water, she checked to make sure there weren't any pieces stuck, as well as the length of the cuts. Sowon just pulled her hand back, closing it into a fist as she backed up from Yerin.

"I'll take care of it."

"I'll help you."

"I can do it myself."

"With one hand? I think not."

Grabbing hold of Sowon's wrist, Yerin pulled her to the bathroom to get the first aid.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finishing up the tape on the gauze for extra protection, Yerin gave Sowon a strict look.

"What are you going to do tomorrow? You have another shoot."

Sowon looked away, still looking slightly saddened.

"Sorry."

Yerin pouted with a slightly angry look, Sowon glanced at her before looking down at the ground again, looking almost like a young child getting scolded for playing too hard.

Sighing, Yerin pulled Sowon in a hug, patting her hair softly, Sowon remained still in her arms.

"I'm here for you, emotional support you know? Tell me any worries you have."

Sowon didn't respond, her eyes unfocused in front of her. Looking up at Yerin, she took a breath. Reaching her good hand to Yerin's cheek, she moved slowly as Yerin stayed frozen, unsure of what was going to happen.

Kissing Yerin on the cheek, Sowon gave a smile before pulling away.

"Thanks Yerin ah, I promise I'll give Yewon a call then go to sleep."

"But unnie-"

"It's just a thank you kiss."

With that, Sowon left Yerin standing alone in the bathroom. Yerin ran a hand through her hair, utterly confused.

===============

remember to stream Sunrise buddies ♥