ch 21

Your next schedule is....me

Sowon sat in her chair stiffly, eyeing the door of the cafe with an impatient look. Tapping her fingers on the table as the water that condensed on the outside of her cup of iced americano dripped down slowly.

"What is taking him so long?"

Huffing a sigh, Sowon brushed her hair back and pulled out her phone.

"Cut!"

Relaxing instantly, Sowon leaned abck on her chair as her stylists hurried to fix her makeup and hair, though it wasn't much, spraying a stray hair in place, tucking another strand behind her ear. A dab of blush and a bit of lipstick that faded a little. Smiling as she thanked them, Sowon looked back to the set, sitting up in her position she was just at, holding up her phone the same exact way, she pretended to look through her stuff as the camera started rolling again. Hands covered her eyes and Sowon waited for the actor to say his lines. When they didn't come, she just remained still, waiting for the cue for the cut, or even for him to give his lines so that they could just cut this part out.

"Guess who?"

"Oppa! You're late, let's not play games and hurry up."

"Geez, impatient to see me huh? That's just what I love about you."

He took his seat across Sowon, she smiled lovingly at him, but internally she was disappointed in him, for not being able to deliver his lines, for being a hindrance to their work. If they had done better, they would be able to get more done, she could go home early. Everyone was stressed out by long hours of filming, there were staff there to help relieve the stress, playing music when they weren't rolling, bringing dellicious foods for them to eat when it was lunch or dinner time.

Catching movement from the corner of her eye, Sowon smiled and sipped her americano, which was tasting more like water than coffee.

"So, where are we going to go today, oppa?"

"I was thinking, Hyunnie, do you think...we could call today off?"

Giving her best look of shock, Sowon set her cup down, her disappointment perfect for the camera.

"Why?"

"I-You see- I messed up, I messed up at work and now I have to go in and fix it, that's why I was late baby. I'm so sorry! I promise that next time, I'll make sure this doesn't happen."

"Promise?"

"I promise, Hyun. Love you babe, I'll call you when I finish work tonight."

Smiling sadly and waving as he ran off, Sowon dropped her smile slowly as he disappeared, looking down at her cup, her smile was gone completely. A single tear slid down her cheek as the camera focused on their couple ring, shining brightly on her right ring finger as her hand shook lightly.

"Cut! Good job Sowon! You my boy, need to work on being a bad boy, you don't give a strong enough appearance, you aren't giving the viewers anythign to suspect. Try again, you'll do better, you know it."

Sowon fanned her eyes quickly, willing them to dry faster as her makeup artist fixed her makeup again. Yerin stood by uselessly until she was given room to reach Sowon, handing her a tissue.

"Unnie are you okay?"

"Hm? Yea I am, just a bit tired."

Yerin grinned a little with a tease on her lips.

"But you were sipping americanos the whole shoot, is that not enough caffeine?"

"Hey, sips. Unlike you, who I see you doing excercises whenever I'm filming, are you being neglectful and not monitoring your star?"

"I am! I do! I'm always watching you unnie."

Giving Sowon a reassuring pat on the back as the director called everyone to their places again, Sowon thought about the same thoughts she had been using to bring out that one tear that the director wanted. If Yerin had decided to leave her, for a better job, for a different place, for a different person. Pushing them back a little as she put on her smile from when she was joking with Yerin, she toned it down a little to look like a calm girlfriend who was eager to see her boyfriend. Tapping her fingers expertly now, Sowon sighed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yerin lead the way, holding Sowon's hand as the actress held an ice pack to back of her head; on set there was aminor accident where a camera was set too low and when it went for the overhead shot, one of the lower support bars knocked into Sowon's head squarely.

It wasn't anything major but there was a little bit of swelling, hence the ice pack. Yerin worriedly opened the door to their van and put her hand to keep Sowon from hitting her head on the roof before closing the door behind her and getting in the passenger seat.

"Sowon unnie, are you sure you're okay?"

"Positive."

Yerin looked worriedly from her seat, turning back to face the front, she puffed her cheeks in annoyance. She wasn't able to prevent it from happening, and she could do nothing for Sowon. Hearing the shuffling of Sowon's padding coat, she turned to look again, noticing the awkward rolling of Sowon's shoulders as the actress tried to find a comfortable position.

"Unnie?"

"Yea?"

"Does your shoulder hurt?"

"....a little."

"Was it from the hit?"

"No, it's a recurring thing. I threw it out once in an action scene, I guess it knows that I have a stunt to do tomorrow."

Yerin hummed as she looked back to the front, watching the roads religiously. Maybe she could do something for Sowon later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sowon jumped when she exited the bath, Yerin stood next to the door with the hair dryer in hand and a bright smile.

"Let me dry your hair unnie."

"Ohhh....kay?"

Taking a seat on the couch as Yerin softly handled the tangles in her hair, she closed her eyes as Yerin's fingers massaged her scalp. It felt nice. Hearing the dryer turn off, she moved to get up but Yerin's hands pulled her to stay sitting down. Giving her manager a look, Sowon sighed as Yerin gave her the puppy face.

"I promise I'm not terrible."

Laying over Yerin's lap on her stomach, Sowon just resigned to her fate as Yerin's hands descended on her back gently at first. As Yerin's hands worked into her back increasing in strength each push, Sowon found herself biting back groans of relief. The expert way that Yerin dug her elbow into her muscles, the way her fingers kneaded against her neck and finding the little kinks in her muscles perfectly and soothing them out. She gave an appreciative hum and allowed Yerin to get up to sit on her lower back, getting better access to her upper back than she already had.

"Unnie should tell me when you're hurting. I can help, that's why I'm here."

"I know I know, it's just embarassing sometimes."

"How?"

"It's like my body is losing to my will, maybe I should go excercise more."

"You should, but only when your drama is over and promotions as well. You have a guesting on Knowing Bros with the male lead."

"Darn. Hey, I noticed something though, the way you speak about the cast."

"Huh?"

"You never call Joon oppa by his name, you just refer to him as the actor, the male lead, the main character. Why don't you just say his name?"

Yerin didn't respond, instead pressing in a particularly stressed area and cutting Sowon's thoughts.

"Maybe I didn't want to call his name."

Hearing a groan escape Sowon's lips, Yerin held back a shudder, she was just giving a friendly massage, stop your wandering hands. catchign herself before her hands drifted too far down Sowon's sides, Yerin refocused on her task. Sowon bit her lip as Yerin's hands sometimes wandered towards inappropriate places, but she was feeling too relaxed and good to point it out.

Her feelings were going to be the end of her if not Yerin herself. It was damn hard not to speak up.

==============

This push and pull game is difficult to write. :P all in favor of Yerin confessing or making a major decision next chapter drop a comment!