horror is hell

Your next schedule is....me

Yerin held Sowon's arm tightly, they were standing in line to get tickets for the horror movie that she had agreed to. Lucky for Sowon, Yerin ahd returned when they had become much more comfortable with each other, several ice breaking questions about each other's health, working hours, and general mood.

"Unnie, I swear, if you were just acting close I'm gonna scold you!"

"And I'm telling you, that we really were talking with each other, I'm not as incompetant of a human being than you think I am."

"Really? Really? I'm going to text Yuna later to confirm."

Sowon looked at Yerin suddenly, spooking the manager a bit.

"Yuna? Since when were you two so close?"

"Ah, well if you were able to become friends with your sister, then I should be able to make friends with Yuna just as easily no?"

Giving Yerin a cursory glance, Sowon faced forwards again. Her thoughts weren't really focused on one thing at the moment, one bit was following the line, horror movies were great, but Yerin's hold on her arm was distracting. She had wanted to remove the younger's grip, but she couldn't bring herself to. Then again, even if she removed it, Yerin would just attach herself again when the movie started, maybe a horror movie was a bad idea.

"Two tickets for Halloween."

Yerin quickly searched the title on her phone as Sowon paid, reading the description, Yerin paled. This was the continuing story of Michael Myers.

"U-unnie."

"Yes?"

"Don't hate me for what I will do."

Sowon was confused.

"What you will do?"

Yerin just grabbed onto her arm again, following closely to their seats. They hadn't gotten popcorn or soda because Sowon had a photo shoot coming monday, Yerin declined politely because she said "it would go to waste" without elaborating.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sowon was in a good mood. Halloween was a great movie and the reaction she had expected from Yerin was even better. She knew that Yerin was scared, but she didn't think that she would be that scared.

Yerin had screamed until Sowon thought that they might get kicked out for being noisy, but surprisingly, they weren't. She also frantically tried to cover her ears and eyes, hiding behind Sowon's arm, clinging very closely.

Tired and worn out, Yerin held Sowon's hand as the model led the way to their ride, her eyes unfocused and face white from her terror. Getting in the front seat, she continued to stare into space. Sowon giggled a little as Yerin was still like that when they arrived home.

"Yah, it wasn't that bad."

Yerin just looked at Sowon with a betrayed expression.

"It was that bad."

Trudging into their apartment after her, Sowon just chuckled. Putting away her shoes, she went to the kitchen as Yerin sat on the couch, continuing to recover from her fright. She held her head in her hands and messed up her hair a little bit.

"It's not real Yerin ah, not real."

Sowon just smiled and popped a beer tab. Taking a sip, she walked over and sat on the other end of the small couch, watching as Yerin pieced herself back together with a smile. Yerin sighed and took off her jacket, still slightly detached from reality. Sowon nudged her side with the can of beer.

"One sip, you'll feel better."

Yerin stared for a second before taking the can.

"You promise this is your only can tonight?"

"Yea, I can promise that. As an apology."

Yerin managed to make a small smile, taking one small sip, she handed the can back to Sowon.

"I'll go get cleaned up first then, unnie."

"Mm."

Sowon watched as Yerin went to go shower. Turning back to their livingroom, Sowon looked around. Had it always been so empty? She stood up and finished the rest of the beer quickly, a can wasn't much after all. Strolling around the living room, she thought about why she suddenly felt that her home wasn't very homely.

"What's wrong with me? I was fine with this before."

Was it talking with her sister? Did it make her more human? Did it make her remember love?

"Yewon, She's doing well, mom."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Laying in her bed awake, Sowon started her daily reflection process, thinking of the events in order, pretending to be an audience. She tsked at herself for being awkward with her sister, she tsked at herself for making Yerin watch that horror movie with her. But Yerin's scared expression was cute too.

Cute?

Yerin was cute? Sowon opened her eyes, staring up at the ceiling. This was new, since when was Yerin cute? A knock sounded at her door.

"Yea?"

"Sowon unnie...."

"What is it?"

Yerin flinched, it seemed that she learned something new. Sowon was cranky right before sleeping, as much as she was when she just woke up. Sowon noticed and bit her lip, cursing silently at her own snappiness.

"Could I sleep on the floor next to you?"

"What?"

"I'm a little scared to sleep alone."

Sowon tried hard to hold back a scoff.

"A little?"

"Okay, a lot. I won't bother you, please?"

Sowon just lay back down.

"Do whatever you want."

Yerin smiled and closed the door behind her, hesitating, Sowon turned to look at her, not hearing her footsteps coming.

"What are you doing standing there like an idiot for?"

"Unnie, do you mind if I plug a night light?"

Sowon stared into Yerin's pleading eyes, sighing, Sowon closed her eyes.

"Go ahead."

Hearing the click of the night light going in the socket, Sowon opened her eyes to look. It was a small planetarium style nightlight, covering her ceiling in stars.

"Good night unnie."

"Good night."

Yerin lay on a blanket and wrapped herself in another. Every once in a while, Sowon would turn. Something was nagging at her. Giving up to her conscience, Sowon sat up with an angry huff. Shaking Yerin's bundle of blankets roughly, she woke her manager.

"Hmm? What is it?"

"Get up here."

Yerin blinked once. She blinked twice. Pointing to herself, Yerin was confused.

"Yes you, get up here."

"In your bed?"

"You're making me feel guilty, get in before I retract it."

Yerin grinned and got under the blanket quickly.

"Thanks unnie."

"Shut up and sleep."

Yerin let one last giggle escape, Sowon was sleeping as far as she could from Yerin as possible, not that Yerin minded.

"Good night."

================

:P