ch 30

Your next schedule is....me

Sowon looked around as she stretched her limbs, having driven herself to work after Yerin sent her a text, she was still a little tired from her bad sleep. Yerin had said it was urgent, but how urgent? Yerin had been picked up earlier for a board meeting and a briefing, but it seemed that a little off.
Entering her company building, greeting the front desk, Sowon felt something was wrong, there seemed to be more traffic outside the company, but that wasn’t too unusual. Why did it feel like she was being watched?
“Sowon.”
Snapping out of her thoughts, Sowon looked at her CEO who looked haggard.
“What’s wrong?”
“Sowon ah, please be honest with me.”
Sowon looked to Yerin who was looking distraught in the corner, her hands clasped together tightly, you could see her knuckles turning white.
“Are you in a relationship,” Sowon paled, “with your previous co-star Lee Yoon Young?” Sowon was puzzled, it wasn’t Yerin, that’s all that went through her head, Yerin was safe.
“I’m not in any relationship sir.”
“You’re certain about that?”
“I don’t even remember who he is? Last drama? Radio? Which co-star?”
“That’s very convincing, but Sowon ah, this is serious.”
“And I’m serious, I’m not dating that guy.”
Her CEO sighed as offered a small but unsure smile. He handed her a tablet that was opened to a news page article.
“Read that and tell me what you think.”
Sowon took the tablet into her hands, scrolling down from the top page banner.

[BREAKING NEWS]
Actor Lee Yoon Young accused of ual abuse and , caught on video but claims innocence.
This morning, around 4am, it was reported to the Seoul Police that Actor Lee Yoon Young had broken into an ex girlfriend’s house and her. The CCTV outside the residency does not show his face.
“He came in, broke things and smashed my tv, saying things to put me down, accusing me of leaking our previous affair, well I have no choice but to now, I can’t live just hiding anymore.”
The ex girlfriend reported him as soon as she could collect herself, Yoon Young was gone for two hours already. He claims that this is all fake news, he didn’t have an ex girlfriend, and he did not break in. The police are analyzing the evidence now.

“What is this?”
“Open the next page.”
Sowon tapped the screen, noticing how Yerin was now biting her lip and refusing to look at her. The headlines appeared across the top, an image of herself and Yoon Young.

[BREAKING NEWS!!!]
ACTRESS/MODEL KIM SOWON IS DATING ACTOR LEE YOON YOUNG

In a further response to the police, Actor Yoon Young has reported that he could not have possibly gone to an ex girlfriend’s place because he is currently in a relationship with the well known and famous star Sowon.
There has been no response from her agency yet.

“Tell them we aren’t dating. I never dated him.”
“We will.”
Sowon felt sick. Why? Why her? Why did he have to get her involved? They were never more than just friends even in that drama they had together, why in the world was he getting her involved? She stumbled for a second and Yerin hurried to her side to support her.
“You’re on vacation until they let you back on set.”
“What?”
“The director wanted to keep you off the screens until this blows over.”
“But I did nothing wrong? I did nothing wrong!”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yerin watched as Sowon sat huddled on the couch, her hands busied themselves by making two cups of hot tea.

"Sojung ah."

Sowon flinched before looking up, she has been deep in thought.

"What is it?"

Yerin didn't say anything, she didn't know what to say, but she knew that Sowon was sad. Placing the two mugs of tea on the coffee table, Yerin sat next to her girlfriend, wrapping her arms around and sticking close.

"He chose me because I'm the easiest to manipulate didn't he? I have a clean record."

Yerin hummed and nodded as Sowon gazed blankly in front of her.

"You can't help that you're so perfect, Sojung."

Sowon smiled a little, the corners of moving up a little, but her eyes were sad. A phone vibrated nearby, but neither wanted to pick it up. Yerin looked over on the screen before hurrying to receive it.

"Y-yewon."

"Yerin unnie! Is my sister okay?!"

"She's...well, physically alright I suppose."

Sowon hadn't responded to Yerin's voice, she didn't appear to register the conversation at all.

"Yewon ah, I'll put you on speakerphone, Sowon unnie is a little...out of it."

"Sojung unnie!"

Sowon perked just a little bit, her arms readjusting themselves around her knees.

"Sojung unnie is the most nicest, most prettiest person in the world!"

The same sad smile appeared, Yerin had to hold in her tears, she hated seeing Sowon like this.

"As if you would date such a scumbag! You already have Yerin unnie! Unnie! You can't just leave Yerin alone!"

"What do you mean leave Yerin alone?"

"You're blaming yourself for things you didn't do, but Yerin unnie can't help you if you keep them all to yourself right?"

Sowon's eyes refocused.

"It wasn't like everyone is scorning you for dating your manager! They're scorning a fake relationship!"

"I mean, I guess so."

"Unnie, if I have to tell you this, then you're hopeless."

"Hey! What do you mean by hopeless! Brat!"

"You still have Yerin unnie, that's all that matters doesn't it?"

Sowon looked at Yerin who was pretending that she wasn't listening, facing the other way, her eyes downcasted into her hands. Sowon watched as Yerin flinched receiving another message from the company, how she stiffened when she read the contents of the message.

"Yea. Thanks Yewon ah."

"Foolish unnie."

"I am. I am so foolish."

Yewon giggled as she managed to cheer her sister up.

"Hey, if they aren't going to give you work, then think of this as a vacation. Yerin unnie told me that you didn't sleep well for a long time."

"Yah, you think I can sleep well with this issue on my hands?"

"How is it an issue if it doesn't exist? Unnie you have to think outside the box, not in it. Silly goose. I'm ending the call, you're feeling better, I know it."

"How are you so sure?"

"Because I'm your precious little sister that's how."

Sowon chuckled a little as she heard Yuna's quiet cooing, Yewon must have been blushing from being so sappy.

"Thanks a bunch Yewon ah, I'll visit you again."

"We literally met two days ago, you can take your time."

"You don't miss me?"

"Always, but right now, my break time is over, go comfort Yerin unnie okay?"

Sowon jumped when she heard the sound of a phone hitting the hardwood floor. She looked over worriedly at Yerin.

"Love you, bye."

"Love you too."

She hurriedly ended the call and crossed the small couch to where Yerin stared wide eyed.

"What's wrong Yerin?"

Yerin slowly looked up from the ground where her phone lay on it's face with slight tears in her eyes, she tried to smile but her tears began to fall down her pale cheeks.

"Th-these people sure are great at photo editing."

Sowon grabbed at Yerin's phone but the latter wrestled it from her and deleted the article from her email.

"Y-you don't need to see, a-are you feeling better?"

This was concerning to say the least, what had Yerin seen?

"Honestly, no. I feel like still. How could such a scumbag choose to use me? Hello? Who gave him that right? But again, that doesn't matter as much to me now. Are you okay?"

Yerin rubbed away her tears quickly and sniffled.

"Yeah. I'll be fine."

As Sowon kissed her forehead, Yerin tried to erase the photoshopped images from her mind. Jealousy was not a good thing, it wasn't even real, how could people be so bad?

====================

i tried. well, yall know that this'll be over soon, I just decided to write this cuz I was getting sick of writing my essays for my finals

how can I make my characters hurt? It's just real amazing all yall angst writers, realllll amazing ya know I wouldn't even give it another chapter ahhh it'll prolly end the next update and oof I must be sleep deprived okie me gone before i do something worse haha...ha.