ch 33

Your next schedule is....me

Sowon hugged Yerin tightly as they stood in the back, enclosed in a room, Sowon had decided that it would be better for Yerin to be backstage when she talked to all the reporters. It wasn't like she could reveal who she was dating, that would move the target from just herself to both her and Yerin, she couldn't afford that.

"You'll do great."

"Maybe."

"Hey, you've got this."

The sad look in her eyes made Yerin sigh softly, reaching up to cup her girlfriend's cheeks, Yerin smiled.

"Come on, who are you?"

"A nobody."

"No, baby, you're the super charismatic model turned actress, Sowon. From this moment on, you're taking the reigns on your public image. I'll be back here being a good girl okay?"

"You promise?"

"I promise."

Kissing Sowon gently, Yerin's hands let go of Sowon's cheeks, her fingers lingering on the taller's palms as they slid down.

"I believe in you."

Biting her lip, Sowon turned to go, her hand slipping out of Yerin's reach. Standing at the door, one hand on the doorknob, Sowon heistated.

"Hey, Yerin?"

"Yes?"

"When I get back, can we just stay a whole day in bed?"

"Of course."

Yerin noticed a slight blush on Sowon's cheeks, but wasn't quite sure why just yet.

"Then, I'll be looking forwards to that."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

Yerin watched as Sowon stepped out towards the stage, the door closing behind her. Turning to look at the moniter in the room, Yerin sat down to keep watch on Sowon.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Sowon stood calmly at the podium in the middle of the stage. Taking a deep breath, she reminded herself that this wasn't too different than she was used to, looking up to see the organized tables filled of reporters and journalists she breathed out. Time to figure out how to project her voice to the twenty microphones attached to her podium.

"Hello, thank you all for coming here for this press conference."

They looked impatient, Sowon could only sigh internally.

"The reason why I brought you all here today is because of an unjustness. For the past two weeks, my image has been desecrated. The cause? The actor, Lee Yoonyoung, claimed to be my boyfriend when he was in a sticky situation. Which was physical and ual assault in an ex girlfriend's home. There was also the incident at the hospital, where multiple news stations appeared in the private backlot of the hospital I went to at the behest of Mr. Lee. He put on a show, begging me to give him a second chance when I had never even given him a first chance. I have never been in a relationship with Mr. Lee and all the rumors going around about us is false. The reason why I was at the hospital was not because we had a child, nor was it because we were getting an abortion."

Sowon held up a packet of papers.

"I went to the hospital for vitamin b injection, as well as a prescription of sleeping pills. You can check this document for correctness at your leisure. Any questions?"

A reporter stood up, Sowon narrowed her eyes slightly as she recognized him as one of the ones in the hospital backlot.

"None of this matches up with what Lee Yoonyoung has said to us. How do we know that you are not lying and he is? Do you have proof?"

Sowon thought about her response very carefully, she had expected this question and planned how to answer it ahead of time. Bringing out a presntation clicker, she drew down a projection screen. The lights dimmed and a short footage played.

"This is footage from the front door of my apartment complex, one which everyone knows very well."

It showed the full record of every entry and exit that Sowon had, including the ones where she went out with Yerin alone.

"Not a single time do you see me leave alone, I always had at least one manager with me, never once did Mr. Lee enter my home."

"How can you prove that you never went to his home?"

"Does he have security footage of me being there? I assure you that I have no recocllection of ever setting foot on his property. You can ask all my managers for testimony."

"Why did it take you two weeks to make such a statement?"

Sowon sighed softly, a certain tiredness appearing on her features.

"My company and I, had no idea how to deal with this issue, from the absurdity of the relationship to the unexpected acting from Mr. Lee, we naively believed that it would blow over. When it didn't and it began to threaten the mental health of myself and my company, we had to do something."

"So you're saying that Mr. Lee had picked you as a target to bail him out of his arrest?"

"Yes."

"Do you believe that he did assault the victim?"

"My belief doesn't matter, as I have no relationship with him. Ask yourselves and each other, why were the reporters in the private backlot? I have never experienced such slander in my career."

Her CEO clapped his hands in the stunned silence.

"See? You are all publically seen as the bringers of justice, exposing the bad things that happen in our nation in order to keep our people informed. This once, you've accused an innocent girl of being a who dumped her boyfriend, which she never had."

He took Sowon's place as she stood aside.

"We have been taking preventive measures, but that won't stop until you all tell the truth. What happened to telling the truth? Thank you for coming out, this will be all."

Bodyguards escorted Sowon and her CEO backstage as the reporters yelled more questions and tried to get something, anything to put dirt on anyone. But they had said everything they needed to say.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sowon hurried into the back room, throwing her arms around Yerin as she sobbed.

"Shhhh I've got you Sojung ah."

"I-I didn't think they would look at me so deliberately."

"I know, they were being bad, but you showed them. You showed them honey."

"Did I?"
Yerin leaned back to catch Sowon's cheeks in her hands, her thumbs brushing away at the tears that fell.

"Yea, they were all stunned. You did amazing."

"I was so nervous and they were all just glaring and I-"

"Shhhh shhhh, it's all over now, things will calm down."

A clearing of throat forced them apart. Sowon sniffled and rubbed her face a little, Yerin kept her gaze on the floor.

"I didn't expect this Sojung."

"CEO...."

"I won't tell anyone if you don't. I owe you this time."

He had a fatherly smile. Patting Sowon's head gently although he was clearly shorter, he nodded his head. He even patted Yerin's shoulder before leaving the room.

"He..."

Sowon just grabbed Yerin quickly and pressed a kiss to her lips firmly.

"So-sojung?"

"I love you."

"I love you too?"

Kissing again, Sowon leaned her head against Yerin's her eyes closed as Yerin studied her face up close.

"I won't let anyone hurt you."

"And I would do the same."

Wrapped in each other's arms, Sowon and Yerin calmed down before heading home, praying that the ruckus would now come to a close.

===============

Cuddling next! and maybe...more touching than necessary :D