ch 15

Your next schedule is....me

Tuesday afternoon, Yerin was running a small errand, she brought a small light lunch for Sowon who had been shooting for the majority of the day already. Setting down the boxed lunch, she made sure it was in the shade before writing a note on it and leaving in a hurry. The actress had seen her in between the cuts and hurried to her lunch box when break was called.

[I was called to a meeting about your photobook concept, I'll fill you in when your schedules are over, but enjoy this light lunch okay? Don't forget to drink enough water! Hwaiting! -Yerin]

Smiling a little, Sowon took off the foam cap of the lunch box, it was slightly insulated and made her wonder what was in it. Inside the box, there was  a sandwich, two bottles of cooled water, a cup of yogurt, and a small box of cut fruit. It looked as if Yerin had made it from their ingredients at home and grabbed  yogurt from the nearby convenience store, still, it was arranged with care.

Eating her food quietly, it seemed a little more lonely in her tent than usual.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"What do you mean you don't like any of the subjects?"

Yerin was having trouble understanding the director, was he being rude and not considering Sowon's choices? Or was he trying to take advantage of the fact that Sowon wasn't here to get the concept he wanted?

"Then which concept do you want to do?"

"Summer."

Sighing, Yerin pinched the bridge of her nose. Gathering her courage and wits, she clenched her hands into fists under the table, her eyes ablaze with determination.

"Sowon unnie will not be doing the summer concept."

"And who are you to decide that? You're just a manager. Director, please remove her from the room."

"NO. I will not leave, because I am here on the best interests of Sowon, your top actress and model. I talked about this with her, and she does not want the summer concept. Absolutely not!"

"I will not have you talking to me like that young missy!"

"You grow up will you? You can't have everything that you want! CEO-nim! Sowon will not take the photobook job with this director! In fact! Call it off if this is the only concept they want!"

The CEO just sighed and motioned for someone to take Yerin out. She struggled against their grips.

"You can't do this! You have to consider her feelings!"

"Shh, we'll talk later."

Yerin grumbled and let herself get pulled out. Dusting herself off, Yerin sat down in the chair outside the meeting room. Rubbing her face, she sighed.

"When will they stop thinking with their-ugh!"

"You alright there?"

Yerin looked up, surprised. Sowon raised an eyebrow at the sight of Yerin's distress.

"What? What's wrong? My shoot got called eaerly because the male lead twisted his ankle and the camera crew screwed something up."

Relaxing back again, Yerin just gestured for Sowon to take the seat next to her.

"So, this was a meeting, about the concept of your photobook."

"Yea, I told them I wouldn't make it, so you went. What happened? You look like you've been roughed up."

Grumbling in frustration, Yerin held her head in her hands, her elbows on her thighs as she sighed for the nth time.

"The people doing the photobook intend to do the summer concept."

Sowon kept quiet, her hand hovering over Yerin's back just slightly close but not touching, she debated whether or not to comfort her manager. Was it okay?

"Um, so they told you to get out after you told them no?"

"Pretty much."

Getting up, Sowon's arm was pulled back and she stopped to look at Yerin.

"What?"

"You're going in?"

"Of course."

"What are you going to do?"

Sowon smirked, she moved Yerin's hand off her arm, only to hold it in a comfortable position.

"What I always do."

Pulling Yerin along, she strutted into the meeting room, the doors dramatically flung open as the room fell silent at her appearance. She took a glance at the sample pictures being displayed by the projector on the screen and frowned.

"Get that trash off the projector."

The aide immediately pressed the power button. Yerin worriedly held Sowon's hand, she wasn't sure what Sowon was going to do, but Sowon's hand was squeezing just slightly, maybe she was nervous? Clasping both hands on Sowon's to reassure her that she was behind her, Yerin hoped that she was of any use.

Sowon collected herself before looking the CEO in the eyes.

"What are you thinking right now, Sojung?"

"I'd like to ask you the same thing, CEO-nim."

They glared at each other with such intensity that Yerin was beginning to feel the literal chill in the air.

"I'm not doing the photobook, not with these jerks."

The CEO nodded and gathered his hands in front of him on the desk.

"That's what I figured."

Then the photobook company workers butted in.

"Wait! What? We were already discussing the process and the fees an-"

"Shush. I was just letting you run your mouth. Just until when will you notice the face of disgust on my face, my staff and my company? You do not disrespect women like this."

Speechless, they grabbed their things and left the meeting room. Sowon raised an eyebrow at the CEO who just gave her a wry smile.

"You always ruin my fun Sojung."

"Well, if you didn't rough up my manager, I wouldn't have to."

He raised his hands in defeat, shaking his head good naturedly.

"She was quite strong if I must say so myself, you've got a good manger Sojung ah."

"Thanks, but next time, just check who before making a deal."

"I always do, you know me."

"I might, but it's just a warning."

Yerin nervously watched their interaction, was everything okay now? Being pulled by Sowon, she hurriedly followed behind her as they exited the meeting room and went to one of the practice rooms for the actors/actresses. Once they entered, Sowon let go of Yerin's hand and sat on the couch, crossing her legs and relaxing back into the soft cushions.

Standing nervously beside the couch, Yerin bit her lip before asking.

"Um, unnie? Was that okay?"

"Hm? Sit down."

Sitting where Sowon patted, Yerin was still worried that she could have caused some animosity between Sowon and their CEO.

"Let's just say, that the CEO and I, have a much better relationship that you probably knew of, he's practically a father to me."

"Oh....wait then- Hey! He didn't need to kick me out!"

Sowon chuckled at Yerin's face of betrayal. Patting Yerin's head unconciously, Sowon just continued.

"Well, sometimes, he's dramatic. But he always means well, I just went in because I saw how mad you got."

"A-ah...sorry about that, you shouldn't have to see me all upset like that. I should be level headed and such to be a good manager."

Sowon shook her head before noticing that she had somehow ended up resting her arm over Yerin's shoulder, ignoring it as best as she could, she just calmly chatted with Yerin until their ride home came back. Her other manager had gone to drop off an important package earlier.

================

:D