ch 39

Your next schedule is....me

Sowon sat across from Yerin, smiling as she stared at her manager who kept looking back but shyly avoiding her gaze over and over again, she was just so cute when she was trying not to stare. The grill between them sizzled as the waiter assisted in grilling the meat despite Yerin's insistance that she could do it herself. Yerin told herself,that he was just going to grill the meat, it's going to be fine, don't be such a worrywart. Especially with Sowon looking only at her in amusement when she was defeated in a silent battle of whether or not to grill the meat herself.

It was uncomfortable, having a third person there grilling the meat. At first, Sowon had agreed to let him stay just to take the work off of Yerin, but as he worked, it appeared as if he was working slower and slower and wasn't intending to leave soon. Her stare at Yerin was broken when he leaned over the table just to get in her line of vision with the excuse that the burner controls were on the wall, not next to the walkway. Irritated, Sowon's gaze hardened in front of her, nearly glaring at the grill, still ignoring the waiter to the best of her abilities. Moving in her seat, Sowon knocked knees with Yerin a little bit, but moved to slot her foot in between Yerin's, getting hold of Yerin's left foot between her ankles. Yerin seemed to stay frozen, there was a guy next to them, they were in a public place, and well...well....her brain trailed off when she felt Sowon's ankles tug her foot forwards.

Looking up, she saw Sowon raise an eyebrow, as if innocent. She signaled with her eyes that it was time for this stranger to go. Yerin cleared and breathed a sigh.

"Ahem, excuse me sir?"

"Yes, how may I help you?"

Yerin wondered exactly how she could send him away in one sentence, since he had refused her when she claimed to be good at grilling.

"Your way of cooking, as you think it is better than my own without seeing it, is slow as hell."

Sowon nearly burst into laughter at the explicative, a hand immediately covering with a hand.

"Miss, this is the best way to-"

"Your hands are moving slower than your brain, move it I have places to be and stop staring at my girlfriend."

This made Sowon's laughter dissolve, her eyes twinkling as she stared at Yerin who was looking mighty cute while being angry. Thankfully, Sowon was in her disguise, makeupless and with a hat with a high collared shirt. She was only unrecognizable because she kept her head turned slightly away from anyone's direct view. The way Yerin claimed her as her girlfriend made her heart thump a bit, skip a bit, she felt a little lighter just knowing that Yerin was possessive of her.

"Your-"

"Get lost I said! Or I will not be paying and just leave here for another store, I haven't even eaten anything since I got here!"

A manager poked her head out at the slight commotion since they were sat near the back of the restaurant.

"Are you flirting with the customers again?! You stupid grandson! Get your back into the kitchen! You're on cleaning duty for this week with no pay and then some!"

She grabbed him by the ear and dragged him away after bowing and apologizing to Yerin who watched a little wide eyed at the exchange. Sowon finally let a giggle slip as she slapped the table a few times, choking down her laughter, not wanting anyone to notice their commotion more than they already did.

"You were amazing Yerin ah."

"W-was I? I should have just never let him stay in the first place."

She pouted and quickly turned the fire up a little more to grill a little faster. They had a place to be after eating, Sowon promised.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The place that Sowon brought Yerin to, was not what Yerin had expected. Even more so because the place was closed already, despite being an observatory that had a rather large telescope.

"I knew it would be closed, it's okay. I didn't bring you here for the observatory."

Sowon was looking somewhere, there weren't as many tall trees nearby, probably all cut down for the development and usage of the observatory. She held out her hand for Yerin to take, a slight shyness in her smile.

"Follow me."

Yerin adjusted the way her bag sat on her shoulder before taking Sowon's hand, appreciating the warm squeeze that Sowon gave her. She wondered whether Sowon could use magic as she followed Sowon under the moonlight, how could one person's hand reach her heart just from holding her hand? The warmth coming from Sowon removed the late night chills as well as reassured her that they had each other in the slight darkness.

Arriving in a clearing amongst bushes, Sowon stepped forwards. Her hand slipped from Yerin's temporarily as she stepped into the middle, looking up at the sky. She looked almost sad with the unreadable emotions in her eyes, beautiful. Looking back at Yerin, she smiled a soft one, and held her hand out to Yerin once more.

"Come here."

Stepping forwards, Yerin was entranced by the way the moon shone behind Sowon, outlining the girl whom she fell in love with. Sowon pulled Yerin by the hand into a hug, before gently falling back onto the soft untrodden grass.

"I used to come here every weekend before I finally got the courage to see Yewon."

She raised a hand up to the sky, palm facing up as if to reach the stars.

"I was hoping, that my parents would help me from up there."

"You did go to Yewon."

"Yeah, after deliberating a long time, thinking in this peace and quiet under this beautiful starry sky where the fine dust doesn't blot out the light."

"It's beautiful."

"I know."

Sowon turned to look at Yerin, noticing that she had probably been staring at her instead of the stars above her.

"Where are you looking silly, up there."

"Well, then....this is cheesy but....the moon is beautiful."

Sowon blushed.

"Idiot, you could say it in modern words just fine."

Yerin grinned.

"I have a present for you, Sojung ah."

"A present?"

They sat up as Yerin pulled her bag into her lap, hands nervously settled over it. Would Sowon find it a weird? Was she weird for picking such a thing? Well, no matter, it could transform anyways. Untucking the small black velvet covered box, she held out to Sowon with slightly shaking hands. Sowon curiously accepted it, something about the way Yerin's reaction to giving her this present made her even more curious.

Opening it, Sowon stared at the present. She stared for so long that Yerin had to ask her if she was okay, timidly.

"Unnie? Are you okay?"

Sowon touched the star shaped pendant, it was a necklace. Lifting it out of the box, she noticed that the box had another piece in it, a strip of black velvet with attach points?

"Th-that's so if you wanted to wear it as a choker instead."

"A choker? That can come apart into a necklace, innovative."

Yerin quickly agreed, to which Sowon raised an eyebrow, wondering why Yerin was acting as if there was a different interpretation of the present.

"I love it Yerin ah."

The fidgeting of Yerin's hands in her lap intensified a little bit when a teasing idea came to Sowon.

"Wait, is this like a collar?"

Yerin looked away and denied it.

"Hey," Sowon grabbed Yerin by the chin, fingers squishing into her cheeks to make her turn her head back. "Look over here." She held up the necklace, now attached to the velvet strip.

"Was this a way of claiming me? Don't tell me you have our initials on this somewhere."

The way Yerin's eyes averted and cheeks grew hotter under her touch made her falter, no way? Instead of being cool and teasing Yerin, Sowon quieted with a blush.

"H-help me put it on."

Yerin wordlessly moved behind Sowon, her fingers brushing the back of Sowon's neck as she fixed the clasp to not chafe Sowon. When it was done, Sowon turned around looking Yerin in the eyes the way you couldn't escape. Kissing lightly, Sowon gave Yerin a smile.

"How does it look?"

"Perfect. Like you."

Yerin's hands impatiently pulled Sowon into her lap, reattaching themselves to each other by the lips, her hands gripping Sowon's waist securely.

===================

ah, just a point but, I purposely put that Yerin uses "Sojung ah" informally when they are alone to represent how they are equals in the relationship, like the age rules don't matter and like...it's deep you know?