THAT DAY YOU FIRST CAME BACK

Daydreams and Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HEY CHINGUS! POSTING A SHORT UPDATE FOR ALL OF YOU!

SOMEONE IS COMING BACK HOME!

HOPE YOU ENJOY THE CHAPTER, AND NO... NO 'M' HERE. GIVE LT. LIU SOME REST! 

WELL... PROBABLY IN THE NEXT (?) KEKEKEKE...

THANK YOU TO ALL OUR SUBSCRIBERS AND THOSE WHO UPDATED THE STORY THANK YOU SO MUCH!

PEACE YOW!~

 

 

 

 

 

AMBER’S POV

 

 

“Thanks for the ride Sargeant Wright.”

 

“Anytime Lt. Liu!” we made a bro hand shake before I unboarded the Military jeep and said goodbye to the nice soldier who brought me here in this place.

 

Looking up at the massive building in front of me, I can’t help but feel nervous. Nervous, excited, and at the same time worried.

 

My stomach is in knots, somersaults, whatever it is.

 

What if she doesn’t want to see me again?

 

What if she already forgot about me?! Eight weeks is a long time considering there isn’t any communication between us. The mission and location was confidential, the Alliance Camp in Syria is at the middle of the desert. We are not allowed to use any forms of communication device because it might give out the location to the enemies something that is dangerous because a possible attack might happen that will caught us by surprise.

 

I thought it was going to be a covert operation to attack and infiltrate the ISIS base there. So believe me when I say for the first time in 11 years of being a soldier… I was very disappointed to know that we were called to train the Kurdish and Arab fighters who will fight the ISIS terrorist group when an attack happens.

 

But its okay, its good to share your knowledge to other people and teach them skills they will not learn from anyone but us. They learned well and fast, I was very proud.

 

At the back of my mind I was counting the days. The days before I can finally see her again and fulfill my promise.

 

I don’t have anything from her that I brought that day I was flown over to the camp for the briefing. What I have of her was her scent that lingered in my shirt and the feel of her lips, her warmth that she shared with me through her hug. Her face was plastered, nailed, and sealed in my mind. Thinking of her at every end of the day and the thought of seeing her again was enough for me to look forward.

 

Look forward to the day I will see that beautiful smile and grin…

 

Because all I want is to see her and envelop her again in my arms… to smell her (I think I’ve become a puppy)…

 

I don’t even know if I am allowed to have her… even to think of her.  

 

I hesitate for a while if I should go inside the building and look for her. What will I say?

 

Hi, I’m here to see Miss Krystal Jung… the C.E.O. of this place.

 

Or…

 

Hi, kindly tell your Boss someone is looking for her.

 

Hmmm…

 

Will they even allow me to enter the building?! The last time I was here, the Security Personnel doesn’t even want me to enter the building!  

 

Maybe I should send a message first… I fumbled on my pocket to get my cellphone when I remembered that the Korean Sim card I bought before was already expired. . I forgot its only valid for 30 days…

 

Gripping the strap of my duffel bag tight, I took a deep breath and decided to attack… or… I mean to take my chances. I approached the entrance of the building and bowed slightly at the Security Personnel with a hopeful expression. I hope my basic Hangul can help me…

 

“Ah… e-excuse me…” the Security Personnel gave me a look, studying my appearance. He isn’t the one who was guarding here back then when I went.

 

“How can I help you Sir?” Oh. Well… I probably look like a Sir because of my uniform and appearance… nothing I can do about this… and it will be a waste of time to explain.

 

“Ah… may I know if… Miss Jung is inside her office?”

 

His face became alarmed, I know that look. Its normal for them especially if a random stranger or soldier suddenly ask about the owner of the building hahaha! “I’m a friend of the C.E.O. and I am here to say my greetings to her.”

 

“Do you have a scheduled appointment, Sir?”

 

. Of course… I forgot about that. “I… *sigh* I don’t have.” Who makes an appointment when you want to surprise a person!? “But maybe you can call her office and let her secretary know someone is looking for her? Please?…”

 

“I’m sorry Sir but I can’t do that.” tsk. Of course.

 

“I understand…” scratching my head, I said goodbye to the Security Personnel and went to walk to the side looking inside the building lobby through the glass walls.

 

Maybe I should just give up and go straight to Halmeoni’s restaurant… nothing will happen to me here. Even if she is outside, she probably is very busy and has no time to see me.

 

That is…

 

If she still remembers me.

 

Sighing, I took one last good look inside the lobby scanning the perimeter carefully hoping she will suddenly pop out when the elevator door opened.

 

It was like a slow motion when I saw her. Going out of the elevator and walking at the lobby gracefully wearing her business suit, long hair graciously flowing past her shoulders. The powerful aura beaming all over her as men in business suits follows behind listening to what she is saying. Her sudden appearance filling the longing I feel…

 

 

Why does is seem like she grew thin? Her cheeks seems so hollow…

 

But nonetheless, she still look so beautiful…

 

Looking from here, I can see how big our difference in life is.

 

Maybe this is madness. Maybe I shouldn’t have went here to see you.

 

Maybe I shouldn’t have come back.

 

She and her minions turned to the right completely disappearing from my sight. I sighed for the tenth time and decided… I should give up. Krystal Jung belongs here and I belong…

 

I don’t know where. Back to my world?

 

Feeling that there is someone behind me, I turned around to see a woman in her black suit giving me a kind smile. Where did she came from?

 

“Lt. Amber Liu?” she asked. I stared back at her, still gripping the strap of my bag and smiled tentatively. “Oh, my bad. My name is Im Hwa Young, Miss Jung’s Personal Assistant.” she bowed at me still wearing the kind smile she have.

 

“Hello…” I greeted back at her bowing a little.

 

“Miss Jung is a bit busy today because some Japanese partners came over for a meeting. She is showing them around because there are plans to build another headquarters in Japan for the expansion.” Oh… so that’s why.

 

“I see…” my guess is true. She’s busy as hell.

 

“But she will be so ecstatic to see you after the meeting...” Will she? I suddenly felt that small hope burning again inside me courtesy of this kind woman in front of me. But what if she is lying? Hmmm… looking into her eyes, she is saying the truth. No lies in there.

 

“I don’t know… Hwa Young-ssi. I… she… she has a lot of things to do--”

 

“The C.E.O. hasn’t eaten anything since yesterday. She refuses to eat and only drinks water and coffee all the time, even her sisters doesn’t know about this because she doesn’t want to worry them. Her eating pattern this past few weeks became irregular, even her sleeping pattern.” HAVEN’T EATEN ANYTHING SINCE YESTERDAY!!!? WHAT THE HELL IS SHE DOING!? KILLING HERSELF SLOWLY!?

 

“W-WHY ISN’T SHE EATING!? SHE WILL FAINT IF SHE CONTINUES THAT! IS THAT THE REASON WHY SHE LOOKS SO THIN!?” I don’t know what spirit entered me but I burst out in disbelief. The lady in front of me shook her head with a smile looking amused at my outburst. This isn’t funny!

 

“She’s like that when she worries about something… or lately… SOMEONE…”

 

“W-what?…” worries about SOMEONE…? Is that someone… ME?

 

She answered me with a chuckle and looked around the vicinity. She spotted a sedan parking in the driveway and nodded on the direction before looking back at me with a smirk.  

 

“Come with me.”

 

“Tell me why I should trust you?”

 

“I’m not asking you to trust me, typical of soldiers like you I think not to trust anyone. But

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter