THAT DAY YOU SAID GOODBYE

Daydreams and Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HEY CHINGUS! POSTING THE UPDATE!

THANK YOU FOR PATIENTLY WAITING EVEN THOUGH I'M SO SLOW IN UPDATING. PLEASE FORGIVE ME! 

I DON'T KNOW IF ANYONE OF YOU MAY HAVE GUESS WHAT WILL HAPPEN... BUT IF YOU DID, DO LEAVE A COMMENT DOWN THERE HEHEHEHE... ;D

COMMENT, HOLLER, UPVOTE!

PEACE YOW~!

 

 

 

 

KRYSTAL’S POV

 

 

I watch the Helicopter fly away until I can’t see it anymore in the sky. A familiar feeling of sadness and longing filling my heart. Hahaha… Krystal… you fool…

 

Why do I feel that you did it again?…

 

I don’t know…

 

“Sajang-nim…” I turn to my right and saw Hwa Young beside me draping my trench coat on my shoulders because the cold makes me tremble in my spot. The cold slowly seeping in my bones sending chills inside. 

 

I gave her a sad smile and looked away, hugging myself to lessen the hurt I feel. Hurt…

 

Why are you hurt, Krystal?!

 

Because she left without saying goodbye…

 

Leaving means a chance to never see her again.

 

Krystal… in the first place…

 

She wasn’t really staying for good, remember?

 

She’s just someone who is passing by, a person who leaves and never comes back. Don’t invest anymore feelings on her…

 

Feelings… I don’t know what kind of feelings is it…

 

Don’t fall in that hole, I’m telling you… you are getting near that hole again…

 

Once you fall, you can never get back up again.

 

What if I want to jump in that hole and never get back up again, jump inside that hole without expecting if someone will catch me in the bottom or not…

 

At least I jumped and reached the bottom…

 

And If no one will catch me… then its time I make my way back up again without any help.

 

Sigh.

 

I’m going crazy again…

 

This is your fault Lt. Liu…

 

You made me like this…

 

But at the same time its my fault too. Because I let myself feel this way about you… I told myself I should forget you but what did I do?! I took something that reminds me of you and at every end of the day when I was thousand of miles away… the thought of you surprisingly filled the emptiness I feel inside.

 

I don’t know what this is… this ‘thing’ i have for you.

 

If only we were given more time to get to know each other… maybe… just maybe…

 

I can finally define the meaning of that ‘thing’.

 

Sadly, I was too late.

 

 

 

 

I sniffled, the only moment I noticed tears were already falling freely from my eyes. Why am I crying?… I shouldn’t cry… I shouldn’t…

 

Stop crying you fool! If you swallowed your pride and took the courage to see her earlier, maybe this parting didn’t ended up like this!

 

But isn’t it the same?… she’s still leaving… there is nothing that can stop her from leaving because its her duty to serve and protect her country.

 

Even if she leaves, the least you can have was to spend time with her.

 

So it means… I screwed up?

 

Just plain stupid to play that Push and Pull thing with yourself...

 

If you want it, grab it! Don't hesitate!

 

If i strangle you my inner self, will i die?

 

I don't know how you became a C.E.O. with taht kind of question Krystal. -_-

 

Trying to hide the tears, I turned around to wipe it away with my hands when Hwa Young handed a handkerchief to me with an understanding smile on her face while looking ahead at the opposite direction. “Sajang-nim, its okay to cry. Its better to let it all out than keep it inside.”

 

“I look like a fool and I don’t even know why I’m crying…” *sniff* I raised my head while wiping my tears and saw Kwangsoo bowing at me because I caught him watching me cry.

 

“Is it because someone special to you boarded that Helicopter?”

 

“H-huh..? N-NOOO… *sniff* I don’t know what you are saying…” Sure, Krystal. Deny. “Its just that… uhhh… maybe its hormones because I just got my period this morning…” Tsss… period… hahaha! You just finished your period yesterday!!

 

“Do you know that saying Sajang-nim…”

 

“What saying…?”

 

“That when someone leaves without saying goodbye, there’s a possibility that they will come back again whatever it takes because they left something precious…”

 

“I don’t know Hwa Young… I’m used to the thought of having those people in my life leave with or without saying goodbye and never come back again.”

 

“Then what if they come back?”

 

“Surely, Dad and Mom can’t come back anymore… you know that… Tsss…” That will be impossible and creepy. I took a deep breath and was going to step forward and get back to my office when I heard the familiar roar of engine dominating the air again.

 

I turned around and narrowed my eyes when I saw the very same Helicopter that flew away minutes ago approaching and preparing to land again in the Helipad. The strong wind coming from the motor of the aircraft hitting my face that I have to cover my head with the coat.

 

My heart started to thump wildly when the door of the Helicopter opened, revealing the person whom I thought left without a word jumping out from it. I stood there glued in my spot not believing what is happening, not even minding my hair hitting my face because of the strong wind.

 

Is this… a dream?…

 

Am I daydreaming again?…

 

 

 

Her long strides reached me in no time and finally, answering my questions. She came back…

 

 

 

“KRYSTAL JUNG!!” she shouted near my ear because of the loud noise coming from the Helicopter. I reached for her face cupping it and started to cry again and I don’t even know the reason why!

 

“WHAT, SOLDIER?!!” I shouted back at her, the noise drowning our voices. She rested her hands on my waist firmly and stared back at me with her warm smile that made me smile too with tears in my eyes, a feeling of giddiness curling in my stomach and a silly grin creeping out of my lips. She’s here…

 

She suddenly crashed her lips on mine, capturing it in a deep kiss. The two of us kissing there not caring about anyone or anything, a kiss full of affection and longing for each other, a kiss that holds every single thing I wanted to say but can’t express with words.

 

She broke the kiss and rested her forehead on mine, wrapping her arms around my body giving me a tight hug… warming my heart that made me tear up again. Why do I feel like she just came back to say Goodbye?…

 

So this is proper goodbye then?…

 

Even if I do not want it to end… it did. She broke the hug and leaned back, holding my face the two of us looking at each other. Her face showed a tinge of sadness but she still smiled and shouted again the words that made me laugh and cry at the same time.

 

“KRYSTAL JUNG! I WANT YOU TO WAIT FOR ME!”

 

“ARE YOU SURE!!??”

 

“DAMN SURE!!”

 

“WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!”

 

“ITS CONFIDENTIAL BUT I PROMISE YOU I WILL BE BACK!! AND WHEN I COME BACK, I’M GOING TO TAKE YOU FOR A DATE!” I tearfully laughed at what she said and nodded as an answer before the two of us pressed our lips together again for a lingering kiss, trying to record everything in our minds. Her soft lips, her breath, her scent. All things that will remind me of her…  

 

We broke the kiss and the two of us shared a moment for the last time just looking at each other. Memorizing each other’s faces, her brown eyes scanning my face with a tinge of sadness before she planted a lingering kiss on my forehead that made me close my eyes. Savoring the little time I have with her before she leaves. “JUST PROMISE ME THAT YOU’LL COME BACK ALIVE!” I shouted at her cupping her face. She nodded with a tearful smile, giving me one more quick kiss before she let go of me, turning around running back to the waiting Helicopter boarding it again.

 

I watch as the aircraft lifted up in the sky again then flew to the direction of the nearest Camp. I stood there seeing the Helicopter fly away, taking with it the person who will keep me sleepless in worry for the past days ahead.

 

 

 

 

------------

 

 

 

 

Biting my lips, I stepped inside the elevator followed by Hwa Young and Kwangsoo. I settled standing in the corner at the back and rested my head at the metal wall, closing my eyes because my mind is still reeling on the scene that transpired a while ago. She came back… to say good bye and left again…

 

She said she will be back… but when???

 

Is it a short mission or a long one? Will it take days? Weeks? Months?

 

Is it in a dangerous place? IRAQ? AFGHANISTAN? IRAN? WHERE?!

 

How are we going to communicate? ARE THEY EVEN ALLOWED TO USE A CELLPHONE?!

 

What the hell am I going to do?!

 

I sighed and reached for the bridge of my nose, pinching it to send away the slight pain I feel in my head because of too much worry. Stress….

 

Besides eating Gopchang, I found out only one person can make this go away but that person just left and I don’t even know when she will be coming back…

 

Sighing again, I opened my eyes and saw my reflection at the steel door of the elevator. My eyes are a bit swollen because of crying… I shouldn’t have left my reading glasses in my table. What if a random employee sees me looking like this!?

 

“Ehem… Sajang-nim…” it was Hwa Young who called me to get my attention. She was looking at me by the reflection in the elevator door and smiled. “Yes?”

 

"Forgive me for asking this… but…” she and Kwangsoo shared a look before continuing “Isn’t he the man who you took home 3 weeks ago?” Tsss… he’s not a man…

 

Biting my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter