CHANGING MINDS

Daydreams and Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HEY CHINGUS! :))) 

SHORT UPDATE FOR EVERYONE!

 

PEACE YOW!

 

 

 

CHAPTER 45

 

 

 

Book Author Jessica Jung’s surprise TWIN!

Writer: Park Sang Woo

Jusang Ilbo News

2020.02.02 15:46 P.M.

 

 

Book author Jessica Jung gives birth to a healthy set of twins, her first (and last) with her ex-husband Lee Donghae, the former President of DJ Entertainment.

 

An official statement released by her publicist stated that the author gave birth to the baby boys today early in the morning at a hospital in Seoul. Both Mother and infants are in good condition.

 

Miss Jung, who is famous for her foreign language Mystery Fiction novels, released her first book 5 years ago that went on to become the #1 book at New York Times Best Seller’s List for 18 consecutive weeks. It was followed by several titles that also topped the list and sold millions worldwide. Her books are translated in different languages including Hangul and Japanese.

 

She was married to Mr. Lee Donghae the only son of Mr. Lee Byunghun, co-founder and former Director of DaeJeong Corporation. Mr. Lee now resides in Paris, France with his new girlfriend the identity unknown.

 

We wish for her speedy recovery!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Siwon took one last glance at the article he was reading a while ago before throwing the iPad across the room in annoyance. He brought the glass of whisky on his lips gulping the contents in one go, anger surging inside him.

 

“A TWIN. The gave birth to a twin. Oh great.” he murmured. “Ahhhhhhh!!!!!” the sound of glass shattering into many pieces welcomed Hwa Young who just arrived from buying groceries. That was the third glass this week that Siwon threw on the wall out of annoyance. Its beginning to scare Hwa Young now, his temper that he began to show after he found out all his accounts were freeze due to the Divorce Yoona filed.

 

It has been a month since Krystal relieved him of all his duties at DaeJeong Corporation. A month since Krystal gave Hwa Young an Indefinite Leave that until now saddens her.

 

She still received her monthly allowance from the company... for that she is grateful. Because she realized that even though she made a mistake by having an affair with Siwon and ruining his marriage with Yoona (which she knows already ruined from the start), Krystal still cares. And that made her so guilty.

 

But there is no backing out now for Hwa Young. She entered this drama, she will stick to it. Her love for Siwon was too much she is willing to do everything for him, even go so far as sending their video to Yoona that New Year’s Eve night.

 

For Hwa Young, it was the only way she thought of just to have Siwon come running back to her. She sent it to Yoona that night after Siwon left her to go back home, using an anonymous number and a second hand phone she bought previously. The only way she can have him is to break the chain that binds them. Now the Divorce is happening, next will be Yoona disappearing in this world so she can really have Siwon for herself.

 

Am I obsessed?

 

Everyday, Hwa Young asks herself that question whenever she will look at Siwon. Her answer will always be...

 

No, you just love him too much.

 

“Siwon, stop breaking the glasses...”

 

“Then just buy more!” he scoffed.

 

Sighing, Hwa Young went to the kitchen to put the grocery bags on the counter thinking maybe Siwon is having another bad day. She took the dust pan and broom from the cabinet under the sink and went to the part of the apartment where broken pieces of glass lay scattered. She understands why he has been acting this way and she feels sorry for him losing everything he has.

 

At the back of Hwa Young’s mind all that she can think of is that everything is Yoona’s fault. Everything that is happening to Siwon now is her fault. Siwon losing his luxurious apartment unit (which is owned by the company not him) is Yoona’s fault. Even when Krystal stripped him off of his position at the company its still Yoona’s fault. Of course Krystal will do that just to appease her sister but for Hwa Young he doesn’t deserve to be fired. He was doing his job well.

 

He likes power, he likes control.

 

And he wants it all.

 

She doesn’t even know why Siwon wants to eliminate Jessica and her twins first. They are not a threat in Hwa Young’s eyes as far as she can see. Why?

 

Those twins are useless heirs for the Jung fortune because everything is under Matthew’s name and his next of kin. Even if they don’t get the Jung fortune, they have the Lee fortune waiting for them. For sure nothing bad will happen to Matthew knowing how guarded he is and how his Mother and Aunts takes care of him. He is a healthy growing child, handsome like his Father.

 

If only she can persuade Siwon to just eliminate his wife instead of waiting for the Divorce. Its much easier anyway. Yoona dies, Siwon gets Matthew and everything he wants on that fortune. Hwa Young gets him, both of them wins.

 

She threw the pieces of glass in the trash bin then sat beside Siwon on the couch. He was staring outside the window of her apartment his brows furrowed thinking deeply. Hwa Young’s apartment is not that luxurious but its considered good for a single working woman like her who has a high income. Its still in a good neighborhood and pricey building but soon once her savings depletes she will have to look out for a new job...

 

Unless Krystal takes her in again.

 

Which is impossible as of now because from the last time they spoke, Krystal is still firm on her decision on not taking her back again unless she breaks it off with Siwon completely. But she can’t. She loves him so much she can’t.

 

“Siwon...” she rested her hand over his lap but he didn’t even move a bit. “What are you thinking?”

 

“I’m thinking of how i will execute my plan on taking down Jessica first before i take down Krystal.”

 

“But--”

 

“All i need are people to do the task for me. I need professionals who will get the job done without any trace.” he said. He took her hand off his lap when he stood up and towered over Hwa Young walking back and forth in a slow way. Reviewing the evil plan he has been building inside his mind since this morning. “Jessica is in the hospital right now recuperating due to childbirth. What better way to erase her in this world is to use that environment. Make it look like she died because of natural causes related to childbirth. Then the twins... they can follow their Mother.”

 

“Are you insane?! The Security is very tight no one can even pass except the Doctors and Nurses. Remember Siwon, Lee Byunghun will make sure his Grandchildren are well guarded. They are his new heirs after Donghae so it means those twins has the same worth as Matthew.”

 

“Hmmm.... you’re right. Then the second option will be to kill Jessica, get her twins and held them for ransom. Hahaha! Lee Byunghun won’t even think twice he will pay billions just to have his precious Grandchildren safe. I get the money, someone will discard the twins somewhere i don’t care maybe in an orphanage no one knows... or maybe just kill them both so no problem.” Siwon said those words easily even Hwa Young can’t believe what she heard. Killing an adult she can take but to kill innocent babies is just too much for her conscience. “Then Krystal will be next.”

 

Hwa Young shook her head disapprovingly pulling Siwon’s arm. “It should be Yoona next so that you can get Matthew and be his sole guardian. By law Krystal can’t do anything about it because you are the Father.”

 

“Hwa Young… my Hwa Young… I think you forgot something. Krystal Jung is a very influential person coming from a very influential family. You as her former Personal Assistant have done things to cover up news or even pay authorities for special privileges. Erasing her means getting that throne by right. Its more important now than Yoona.” he stopped on his tracks to face Hwa Young who was looking up at him with a scowl on her face. “Don’t meddle with my plan, all I need you to do is help me execute it one by one.” he said.

 

“I hope you know that to execute your plan, we need funds for it. Obviously we don’t have enough funds Siwon!”

 

“You have money in your bank account don’t you?! We can use that! My God Hwa Young! Or sell anything here inside your house so we can have money to hire some people.” Hwa Young rolled her eyes hearing the pathetic statement the man in front of her said. If only she doesn’t love him, she already threw the vase straight on his head for being a fool.

 

Her bank account will be drained soon because of how high maintenance he is, the money she’s been trying to keep there is enough for their daily needs. “I want him for me but I didn’t sign up to become his Sugar Mommy!” she thought to herself.

 

“But Siwon--”

 

“No, buts. The day after tomorrow I want you to do something for me. We need to roll out the plan I have immediately. First, I need guns. We need guns. Second, I need you to use your brain.”

 

“First, where do you think we can get guns? Second, I always use my brain…” except when it comes to you.

 

He thought for a second then snapped his fingers excitedly. “I can ask a friend of mine to lend me a gun. If we can’t pay someone to do it for us then we will have to do it ourselves. I need you to get us some hospital uniforms as disguise…” he took out his phone from his pocket and dialed the number of the friend he has in mind but his call wasn’t being answered. After many tries and walking back and forth the living room, he gave up and threw his phone on the floor. “! that Heechul! He’s not answering my call… that er… he still owes me $10,000 for that Casino game!”

 

“If you are talking about Kim Heechul the TV show host, I’m afraid he’s not going to be a good use for you now. I saw the news this morning, he is being detained at the Seoul Metropolitan Police station because of DUI charges last night.” Hwa Young said in a calm manner picking up the phone that landed beside her feet. The screen has a visible crack in the middle that made her sigh deeply in annoyance and mumble inside her mind. Now its cracked! Another thing to take care of! God! Ugh.

 

“!” he groaned. Exasperation visible on his actions. No matter how he brush his palm on his face or pull his hair, nothing will happen. Siwon’s desperation increases everyday that he can’t even think in a logical way like he does before. The greediness he has makes him blind.

 

The evil smirk never left Siwon’s face all through out the day formulating the plan he calls brilliant. Enter the hospital without anyone knowing, inject poison in Jessica’s veins then after a few seconds she is dead. If the twins are there then he will take them as hostage. Can ask for money from the rich Grandfather then when he gets the money he needed the twins will be discarded elsewhere.

 

The woman beside him, although her mind and conscience is protesting… cannot say anything. What’s important for her is to help him regain his deflated ego and masculinity seizing the power he wanted for himself all these years.

 

But… is it worth it?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[Two days later]

 

Hwa Young’s POV

 

 

I took a deep breath tightening my hold on the hem of my denim jacket, my eyes roaming around the Lobby of the hospital where Jessica Jung stays. I kept the rim of my baseball cap lower and buried my face on the thick scarf I am wearing around my neck to hide my identity. As much as I don’t like doing this I have no choice. Siwon is just too eager to get information that he can use for his plan.

 

He wants me to check the place, check how tight the Security is at the Entrance and even the Exits. Even the Fire Exits and where it leads saying to execute the plan we have to know the passages that can be use when its time to run away.

 

I’m doing this for him but no way that I’m going to help him do that stupid plan he has. No way… no way I will hurt innocent babies just for this stupidity and whining. I don’t have any beef with Jessica Jung, no reason whatsoever to make me hurt the eldest sister. Jessica treated me nicely all these years… I’m the one who should be embarrassed because I betrayed them. I betrayed their family and now I regret it so much. I’m not a cold blood kidnapper or anything… I can’t kill and that’s final!

 

Back then I always say I want Yoona dead but I don’t intend on doing it by using my bare hands. Some accident is enough, I don’t have any intentions of staining my hands with her ‘precious’ blood. Thinking about it now makes me sick in my stomach… I don’t even know what happened to me.

 

The lobby of this state of the art hospital is so wide and people are everywhere. There’s no way I will be noticed by anyone. All I have to do is check the perimeters and see for myself how many Security details does the eldest Jung sister has guarding outside her hospital suite.

 

Its quite easy where to find the Jungs. All I have to do is ask one employee from Dae Jeong and I will have my answer. I found out from one of the employees at Dae Jeong that she was also in Yong-ganham Medical Center, the same hospital where Lt. Liu is staying.

 

Seems like no one knew the real reason why I am having an Indefinite Leave. They thought I was having a much deserve vacation... for that I felt an immense gratitude for Krystal. Here I am being the but she still didn’t took her chance to tarnish my reputation. I feel so sick in my stomach for everything I have done but I can’t take it all back anymore... no matter how I regret it, nothing will change... I still did something bad and betrayed her trust for that I should accept my fate.

 

If Siwon succeeds, then good for him but I don’t know if I can still be with him. The attitude he has been showing me lately were so disturbing... he’s not the same man anymore. He became a monster. A man who only wants money and power, now he also wants revenge from the Jungs. I even doubt he loves his son... I feel like he only want to get Matthew from his wife because the kid will be his treasure chest.

 

But you love him....

 

Love...

 

That Love ruined me...

 

Ruined a family... ruined friendships...

 

Love... made me do things I shouldn’t do just for the sake of loving...

 

He said that he loves me but realizing it now... its all a lie.

 

When does he say that he loves me? He only say those 3 words when in heat of passion or he wants something to be done.

 

Why did I let him control me?....

 

Should I even do this?!

 

What Am I doing here?

 

You love him...

 

Remember what he told you last night?

 

“We will be together Hwa Young... I promise you that. I love you more than I love anyone...”

 

I don’t even know if I should believe those words now...

 

 

Sighing, I looked around the place before casually making my way to the elevators. Luckily the door just opened and a group of student Nurses entered while chatting oblivious of their surroundings. I took it as a chance and followed behind them making them as my cover. I settled at the back in the left corner just looking down on my shoes while listening to the four of them chat about the author Jessica Jung and her cute babies. I raised my head a little looking at their reflections on the metal wall.

 

“Oh my God you are so lucky!” one of the nurses exclaimed to her colleague looking so excited. Probably a fan...

 

“I know right?! I can’t believe Doctor Hwang chose me as one of the nurses to serve on that floor. I even saw the twins last night OMG so cute!~”

 

“Did you take a photo?!”

 

“Yah! Don’t take a photo!” the male nurse in front of them said. “That’s invasion of privacy. Plus Doctor Hwang strictly prohibits it because Miss Jessica doesn’t want her babies be exposed.”

 

“Who said i took a photo?! Of course i didn’t! I love my job helloooo~”

 

“She’s just protective over her babies like any Mother will do. She even have them rooming with her instead of staying in the Nursery, how cool is that?” my ears suddenly perked hearing an important information. So the twins are not in the Nursery... they are with Jessica in her suite.

 

“Well duh, rich people. Rich babies can’t be in the same place with average babies obviously.”

 

“Gosh I heard they even have their own bodyguards 24/7! I suddenly questioned my life.”

 

This just got harder than its suppose to be...

 

“By the way, how’s that handsome guy in the other suite?”

 

“What handsome guy?” hahaha... I think I know whom they are talking about.

 

“That comatose guy you said who looked like an idol!”

 

“Well he isn’t comatose anymore and he’s got beautiful eyes but I haven’t been in his suite for like... 2 weeks? Because he already have a personal nurse assigned to him by Doctor Hwang. But I was on-duty that night when he woke up... man, tears flooded. They said it was a miracle.”

 

“Seems really a miracle. Some of the nurses from 3rd floor and the E.R. said they saw him at the roof top garden one morning having a dose of sunshine. He was with two bodyguards? Then one tall guy who also look his bodyguard they said. Gosh just how rich are those people? What’s his name anyway?! He’s been here for months until now no one knows who he is...”

 

“I wonder too. His files are only tagged as “VIP Patient”. only the Head Nurse and Doctor Hwang knows who he is. But well its confidential and its Doctor Hwang’s patient no one else is allowed to see him but her. Well the Jungs are chaebols no wonder. Plus his very beautiful wife is always there inside his unit taking care of him.”

 

“Nah, everyday she goes out wearing a business suit followed by bodyguards then before I clock out at 7:00 p.m. I always see her arriving with her bodyguards again. She looks powerful tho... but very kind.”

 

“Wife? How can you say its his wife? Maybe just his girlfriend.”

 

“Duh. The girl was like jaw dropping gorgeous didn’t you see her?! I thought I was in Heaven and saw a Goddess...”

 

“I told you that is his wife!”

 

“How can you say she is his wife?! Did you see a ring?”

 

“Yep, there’s a ring! Of course he doesn’t have his on his finger because patients can’t wear it. But I saw the girl’s hand one time and there’s a beautiful ring there so yeah…”

 

“I heard she’s Miss Jessica’s sister, the CEO of Dae Jeong Corporation.”

 

“She’s a CEO?! Damn... she looks so young to be a CEO! How old is she anyway?! She looks more like a celebrity or a model... but gosh she is really nice. I saw her at the Lobby one time and she smiled at me damn I felt my soul leaving my body...”

 

“I know right? Tsk tsk... comatose guy so lucky--”

 

“He’s not comatose anymore Goddamnit!”

 

“Okay ex-comatose guy!”

 

“I’m curious who he really is... is he some kind of a businessman or celebrity?”

 

“But seriously, he’s hot~...”

 

“The ex-comatose guy or the girlfriend?!”

 

“Obviously she said “he” duh!”

 

“Hmmm... both. And both are really sweet ugh. One time I entered the room to bring his medicine, the girl had her head on the bedside sleeping. The guy gave me a signal to be quiet while he was her head, I suddenly questioned myself why I always fall in love with stupid arrogant guys.”

 

“I know why...”

 

“Because you’re stupid?” 

 

“Yah!!”

 

Before the other nurse can even counter the attack of her laughing friends, the elevator reached the fourth floor. The three nurses got off laughing and now it was only me and the remaining grumbling nurse who I bet is the one on duty at the same floor where Jessica’s and Amber’s suite are located. Two levels up and we reached the 6th floor, our destination.

 

The door opened and instantly I was welcomed by the sight of two bodyguards wearing black suits standing near the elevator. They greeted the nurse with familiarity when she went out causing me to quickly push the button of the elevator to close the door. My heart pounding in fear that they might recognize who I am and suspect why I am there when I don’t have any business in that place.

 

The moment the elevator reached the lobby I immediately walked out of the hospital without looking back. I think my brain is going to explode same as my heart! Am I doing the right thing!?

 

Is helping Siwon on his stupid plan the right thing?

 

He’s obviously so desperate now he doesn’t even realize how petty and simple his plan is! He lost his sense of judgment, he can’t even think straight now. What if his plan fails? The Jungs will surely have him put in jail with everything he has done. What if he drags me into it!?

 

He won’t do that to you.... he loves you...

 

Go back there and do what he tells you to do... didn’t he told you... he’s going to give you a reward for being a good girl....

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter