THE DREADED DAY 1

Daydreams and Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HEY CHINGUS!!! I MISS YOU ALL! SORRY FOR THE LONG ABSENCE, AUTHOR WAS A BIT BUSY EARNING MONEY TO BUY COFFEE. ANYWAY, SHORT UPDATE FOR EVERYONE!

AMBER'S LAST DAY BEFORE SHE FLIES OUT. How will they spend it?

Enjoy~ :)

Peace yow!~

 

 

 

CHAPTER 30

 

Day 91 of 91

 

AMBER’S POV

 

 

You know that glorious feeling in the morning when you open your eyes and you see that certain person in your life sleeping beside you, holding you so close like they don’t want to let you go? That feeling that makes your heart warm and proud because out of all the people in the world, that certain person chose you in spite of all your imperfectness.

 

I feel that every morning when I wake up beside Krystal. Thanking the Heavens that I met her and changed my perspective in life. Without fail I will stare at her face and record it in my mind as if its our last day together.

 

This morning... it felt bittersweet waking up and seeing her face, watching the rise and fall of her chest as she sleeps. Maybe because this is the real Last Day. The last day we will be together before I leave tomorrow and go back to camp.

 

The past few days, both of us were busy with our respective activities that the only time we can spend together was in the morning before she goes to work and in the evening when I pick her up. She has unexpected visitors flying from Brunei trying to strike a deal with their company. A certain rich businessman who is a son of one of the Princes from that country. Not next in line probably and in the bottom chain of the succession but rich.   

 

She has to attend meetings and luncheons showing her participation on the deal while I go to Camp Humphreys to arrange something classified then after that I go straight to Guri to hang out with Sungjae because he is helping me on my small project. When its time for me to pick her up, I will always find her inside her office lying on the couch because of exhaustion. Whining at me like a kid because her feet hurts or she’s hungry. The two of us will be chattering over dinner on what transpired during the day, talk about random stuffs, watch movies on the living room while having a glass of wine before we take a rest. She overworks herself too much… This is what I’m worrying about once I leave.

 

Because I bet, the distraction she will use is her work. She told me in a joke the other day that once I come back after seven months, I will see her already rooted in her office chair because of waiting. I don’t want her to fall in that worrying spell again she had when I was away for 8 weeks. She needs something that will distract her besides her work that is super stressful. A distraction that will make her smile and lessen her worries about me.

 

 

I took a glance at the digital clock by the bedside table and saw the time. It was already quarter to 7:00 and she’s still sleeping without signs of waking up. Maybe I should wake her up now or else she’ll be late.

 

“Krys...” I called out her name whispering in her ear. She answered me with a groan turning on her right facing me then buried her face on the crook of my neck. Even draping her left leg on my thigh and continued sleeping.

 

“Krys… wake up… its already 7:00…”

 

“...…”  

 

“You’ll be late.”

 

“.………”

 

“Krystaaaaaaaaaal~…” I playfully whispered in her ear kissing her earlobes after. I felt a pinch in my stomach making me laugh hearing her sleepy groan on my neck. Look at this woman… she’ll be hurrying again later once she sees the time!

 

I pulled her by the waist our bodies molding into one and ran my hand on her back it gently to slowly wake her up. Instead of waking up, she only wrapped her arms around my body tightly whining in her cute sleepy voice.

 

“Why.are.you.so.noisy.?…”

 

“Because its already 7:00 and you have to get ready.”

 

“Noooo~…”

 

“What do you mean no? You have office today…”

 

“I wanna sleep more~…”

 

“Okay… 5 more minutes.”

 

“Nooooo~…”

 

“Krys…” I planted a kiss on the crown of her head when she suddenly lifted it up looking at me with a cute pout. Her eyes still narrowing on sleepiness and whining. Hahaha!!! Look at that face…

 

“I want to sleep more~…”

 

“But--”

 

“Shhh!” she covered my mouth with her palm shutting me up. My laugh being restrained by her hand “Shhh! I.will.sleep… I am the C.E.O. and I worked hard all week…” she let out a big yawn releasing my mouth from her hold then stared at me. Her eyes full of softness scanning my face as she caresses my cheek. “Good morning Lt. Liu…” she said in a whisper her voice still groggy from sleep.

 

Krystal’s eyes... her soft stare... there was a glint of sadness on it even if she smiles. I know what kind of sadness it is because I also feel the same. I ing feel the same and it .

 

It because I want to stay but I can’t. I still have a duty and contract to fulfill before I can comeback to her for good. I’m done, enough Soldier life for me.

 

Both of us let out a smile and slowly connected our lips for a lazy kiss. Lingering pecks that upgraded to an open mouth kiss which she now leads. I felt her hands slipping from my body to my neck, cupping my face while we kiss and forgetting about time.  

 

Can I please extend even for another day or two?

 

A week even.

 

Sigh.

 

We broke the kiss, Krystal peppering my face with kisses that made me laugh and at the same time feel that little bit of sadness inside. I’m gonna miss this… 

 

“Just say it Amber~...” she whispered in my ear in a giggle. Tssss... did she just read what’s going on inside my mind?

 

“Whuut~...”

 

“That you’ll miss me so much...” Krystal said in a whisper, her eyes meeting mine. She was caressing my face with so much vulnerability I felt a sudden ache in my heart. Silence was enough to answer her and silence was also enough for her to express her feelings. Because we both knew the answer just by looking through each others’ eyes.

 

Not so much my Sajangnim...

 

I will miss you too much... too much that I don’t even know how I can manage it. Because the moment I step inside that camp, there are days I have to forget I miss you. I can’t let my feelings interfere with our missions, let alone the thought of you.

 

Because once I do... lives will be in danger including mine.

 

I rested my forehead on hers, closing my eyes in a sigh. I don’t know why I feel this way... my heart is like going to explode. Mixed feelings that I only felt again today...

 

The last time I felt like this was that day when I left her on the roof top of her building... the Army Helicopter taking me back to camp for a mission. My stomach was doing some somersaults and my chest was so heavy that day seeing her from above while the aircraft flies farther away from her.  

 

But today it was more intense than that day. Feelings I only felt with her. Feelings that grew as we spent the days together. The ‘Thing’ we were referring to back then was already defined both of us expressing it through our actions.     

  

“You are my strength at the same time my weakness.” I mumbled under my breath, bumping my nose on hers. She heaved a long sigh giving me butterfly kisses, when I opened my eyes she was looking at me with so much tenderness that I felt so lucky to hold her exclusively this close.

 

What did I even do to deserve you Krystal Jung?     

 

It feels like time always stops whenever we will look at each others’ eyes. There are words we want to say but those words won’t come out. Instead, those words are conveyed through our actions and our eyes that only the two of us understand.

 

She rolled over on top of me resting her chin on my chest the two of us staring at each other. How can you be so beautiful even if you just woke up?

 

“Why do you always look so amazing in the morning?” she snorted at what I said flicking my nose playfully. Finally breaking that dark lonely clouds starting to envelop both of us. I only want happy moments with her today because it will be such a long time before we have it again.

 

“Tsss… don’t say lies in the morning…”

 

“You know I never lie.”

 

“You do! You always contradict yourself you know that.”

 

“When did I ever lie to you?! Its called concealing information that is classified.”

 

“Yesterday morning!”

 

“Come on it wasn’t really a bad lie~!”

 

“You fed me Tuna sandwich with cucumber in it! Grrr!” I laughed out loud at her cute puppy snarl covering my face with my arms because she started attacking me with the pillow. Hahaha!!

 

It was a good strategy Yoona taught me!

 

“Aww! Come on! You didn’t even tasted the Cucumber!”

 

“I DID NOT BUT I STILL ATE IT UNKNOWINGLY! EWWW!”

 

“That’s why I reduced it into pulp before combining it with the Tuna and Mayo. Tsss... you said its delicious!”

 

“It is delicious! But still... CUCUMBERS!”

 

“Yoona was the one who taught me how to make it. Seems like your sister has been feeding you Cucumbers for a long time now and you didn’t even know.”

 

“Tssss... I felt betrayed by my sister! And here I am always requesting for her to make me that sandwich whenever I am there at Gangwon!”

 

“Its time you learn to eat Cucumbers, you can’t live forever hating it.”

 

“But it taste weird~.” she said in a pout looking like a cute little girl poking my stomach. She really hates cucumbers while me I love it. Whenever she will see me eating cucumbers she will always cringe her nose in disgust.

 

She wasn’t suppose to find out about the secret ingredient but she did. She saw that one seed when she opened the container where I stored the Tuna filling. She freak out and yelled bloody murder. Hehehehehehe... busted.  

 

“Nah it doesn’t. Your brain tells you it taste weird but it isn’t. Cucumber is 94% water.”

 

“I know. But still taste weird. Are we going to talk about Cucumbers the whole morning!?”

 

“How about Melons.”

 

Both of us stared at each other blankly before looking down on her chest then broke into a fit of laughter. She attacked me by biting my neck and tickling that I can’t even breathe in so much laughter and giggling. I JUST SAID MELONS!!!

 

“YAH!! YAH!!”

 

“What??! I only said Melons! Fruits! We should have fruits for breakfast!”

 

“Yeah, right Lt. Liu… Melons. Tsssss… ert!”

 

“Healthy living.”

 

“Its not even bigger than Melons… these are just like… Apples..” she cringe on what she said then snorted “We’re just alike!”

 

“Mine is smaller!”

 

“You’re not even flat!”

 

“I like your Melons - so much.” I grinned mischievously at her earning a slap on my forehead. Awww! Her face was so red in embarrassment and kept on poking my nostrils feigning annoyance. Hahahaha!! “I really like it! What can I do Sajangnim?!”  

 

“Its not MELONS!!!!”

 

I took her hands and placed it around my neck pulling her up a little closer so our faces can be near. The two of us hugging, making silly faces at each other, biting and just being playful.

 

Wow… her messy bed hair made her look more gorgeous. Her body feels so warm over mine that even if both of us are wearing our silk pajama clothes, I can still feel that radiating warmth coming from her…

 

And her Melons rubbing on my body. XD

 

Tsk tsk tsk... doesn’t she know how much control I have to do whenever she will attach herself to me?! Damn... when she unconsciously presses her upper body on my arms or at my back when she gives me a bear hug, when I piggy back her or when we are riding my motorcycle. I feel goosebumps all over and I ALWAYS HAVE A LADY .

 

Like now.

 

If you know what I mean. *wink*

 

“Why are you rubbing your Melons on me?~” I playfully asks her with a smile. She answered me with a grin giving my cheeks a couple of noisy kisses. She wriggled her eyebrows playfully biting her lips ily that I instantly got what she wants. Ooooooohhhh… oookayyyy… Got it!

 

She raised her body a little resting her palm on my shoulders giving me the space needed then reached down to claim my lips. Our lips sharing a passionate kiss as I slid my hands inside her pajama top feeling her flat stomach, running my hands slowly on her skin and reached her tender squeezing it gently.

 

Damn… I love these… I’ll miss holding these twins… and NO I won’t look for another pair of these when I get back there in the U.S. because there aren’t anyone out there who have such perfect .

 

I’m such a ert.

 

She broke our kiss unexpectedly that my lips are running after hers and sat up straight in my stomach in a straddle. “Hey!”

 

“Shhh~…” I tried to get up and pull her again but she pushed me back roughly on the bed having a naughty smile. Awww…

 

“I thought you want…?!”

 

“I do~… just stay there...” she said giving me a wink.

 

I was going to protest but decided not to when she started ing my pajama top in a slow teasing manner. Her eyes showing mischievousness running her fingers on my body while doing it and it ing tickles! …. 

 

“I-I thought you’re still sleepy…”

 

“I thought you want fruits for breakfast?”

 

She spread open my pajama top showing my body then smirked. Me unconsciously swallowing hard when she also took off her top too, her perfect body saying Hello to me. Damn Lt. Liu…. how a lucky bastard you are….

 

“Yeahh... I really do... so much.” I bit my lips watching her hands trace my skin, her sensual touch sending waves of electricity inside my veins. When I looked up at her she was staring at me with mischievousness watching my reaction. Oh ...

 

This is going to be a long morning…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

KRYSTAL’S POV

 

 

“Tsss... how long is this woman going to sleep?!” I chuckled to myself watching Amber sleeping beside me even snoring. This is a surprise!

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter