THE DREADED DAY 2

Daydreams and Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HEY CHINGUS! STILL REMEMBER ME? ㅋㅋㅋ

I APOLOGIZE FOR THE LONG INTERVAL OF MY UPDATES. DON'T BE MAD AT ME, PLEASE?:)

MANY THINGS HAPPENING THESE PAST FEW DAYS MY KRYBER HEART UNTIL NOW IS BEATING SO HARD! DROP YOUR COMMENTS BELOW ABOUT THE CHAPTER AND WHAT YOU FELT ABOUT THE 3 CONSECUTIVE DAYS OF KRYBER MOMENTS. 
 

THANK YOU TO ALL OUR SUBSCRIBERS AND THOSE WHO UPVOTED THE STORY THANK YOU SO MUCH :)

PEACE YOW~!

 

 

 

CHAPTER 31

 

 

“Do you feel full?” 

 

“Hmmm... a little. But I’m fine...” she shrugged her shoulders and patted the space beside her for me to sit.

 

“Want me to make some tea?”

 

“Maybe later Krys... come sit here.”

 

I sat beside her on the bed drying my hair that is wet from the showers. She was checking her wallet fumbling on something, when I took a side glance I found out she was putting our photo inside for display. It was from a photo booth earlier that we entered and had our pictures taken. I told her we should do it because it will be cute and we haven’t really have our photo printed even if our phone galleries are bursting with our silly selcas together.

 

Instead of going back to my unit earlier, we made a quick trip to Myeongdong to have a stroll. She said she wanted to eat street foods that’s why we visited the place and had a blast eating everything our eyes set sight on. We were so full because we ate a lot of Tteokbokki and Odeng, we also saw a stall selling Cheesy Baked Scallops and Buttered Lobster, my favorite Strawberry Red Bean Mochi with a whole strawberry inside and Baked Cheese. The two of us ended up walking around the shopping street like most of the couples having a date and burn the calories with Kwangsoo behind us eating Roasted Goguma. Then I saw the Photo Booth and use all my aegyo on her just to say Yes.  

 

At first she was hesitant, saying its a waste of time. Then a couple entered the booth and she saw the photos being printed quickly. The shots of the couple was cutesy and funny, some were a bit hmmm... not appropriate for their ages. Amber’s conservative trait showed and it was funny because she was mumbling about how kids nowadays hook up that easily and show skinship in public even though they are just 15. Saying when she was 15 all she does was play with her Pokemon cards instead of playing with hearts. Even telling me we are far more good looking than the couple... a teenage couple my goodness!

 

In the end, she was the one who pulled me inside after 5 couples passed by us. I don’t know why she was being competitive but she was so funny saying the poses are not good. A couple of minutes later inside the cramped booth, we got 4 rowdy and wacky shots, three portrait like shots (first was both of us are smiling at the camera, second and third are impromptu shots showing us looking at each other)  and one shot where we kissed. All of that while I’m sitting on her lap sideways, Amber holding my waist in an embrace because the space was so small.

 

“What are you doing~?” I asked, trying to get her wallet but she playfully pulled away hiding whatever she wants to hide. “Hey! What picture did you put inside?”

 

“Us.”

 

“I know its us but what shot?”

 

“Where your face is funny~...”

 

“Seriously!?”

 

I launched myself into her trying to get the wallet that she keeps on waving in the air as high as she wants away from my grasp. The two of us falling into a fit of laughter and bickering as I straddle her lap and reach out until I succeeded on snatching the brown leather wallet from her hands and opened it. Awwww...~

 

It was the photo strip with our portraits tucked inside her wallet. She smiled at me stuttering cutely with a blush on her cheeks “It will be a r-reminder for me everyday that I have someone waiting for me to come h-home.” 

 

“Awww~~... That’s so sweet~...” *^__^*

 

“Tssss... silly...” she answered me in a playful snort but still looking so red. Hahaha!! This poor mushy Soldier!  

 

“Come here and let me give you a hug you poor sweet thing~...!” I threw her wallet on the bed when she spread her arms like an Eagle, grinning and pouting at me like a kid. I captured her in a very tight hug peppering her face with wet noisy kisses that made her laugh. She looks so cute huhuhu ㅠㅠㅠ

 

“Sometimes I don’t know if I’m possessed or what, you just make me do things I haven’t done before. I don’t wanna be cute. I’m a killing machine.”

 

“Then you are one cute killing machine, Soldier~…”

 

She planted a kiss on my nose, her eyes having that funny look of adoration for me. “The cutest in this world is you…”

 

“Well… that’s not a lie--”

 

“And puppies.”

 

“I’m cuter than a puppy!”

 

“Are you really CEO Jung?!”

 

“Nah. I’m just Krystal Jung…”

 

“My one and only Krystal Jung.”

 

“With a deadly fart.”

 

“I still love you no matter what…” I rolled my eyes on her sudden mushiness, covering playfully. Where the hell did you learn all that sweet things!?

 

I reached for her face cupping it gently, caressing her cheeks with care. She brought our body down on the bed both of us lying side by side looking at each other. Her eyes scanning my face thoroughly. She slid her left hand on my waist running it slowly on my side and back, going up to my shoulder and arm gently. Tracing every curve of my body like how her eyes does in my face.

 

Her eyes… looking deep into her brown eyes always fascinates me. Knowing those pair of eyes has witnessed things in this world that only few has seen. Things that I have no chance to and probably will never see and want to experience. She said witnessing death right in front of her very eyes were always something that churns her stomach. The worst kind is witnessing death of innocent poor souls who are being trapped in this war on terror.

 

One poor soul in exchange of lives being saved.

 

She said entering the force is such a hard process. Even the brightest and most decorated fails in their training. You have to endure the physical and psychological tests given or else you will go crazy and just give up. Its all about the mind too not just the physical strength. Even their conscience is being tested, agility, stamina. Not sleeping for 4 days, being able to blend in their surroundings without anyone knowing, fighting every enemy until all of them are dead.

 

She said the physical injuries can be treated easily, the worse is the psychological effect of their every missions and surroundings. Plus the fact that all their operations are covert, the only ones who knew about it are their own Commanding Officer and the President. If they die there in the field, no one back home will know why…. even their own family. Whenever they hear the word ‘EXECUTE’ , they forget everything and do their work without remorse. KILL or BE KILLED.

 

All of them are prone to the psychological effects of being a Soldier and it is something that cannot be treated easily. Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder is one of the mental illness soldiers like her can possibly have. It can never be cured but it can be controlled.

 

But sometimes… nothing can be done.

 

Amber told me the story before of her team mate, she wasn’t that close to him but they work well in missions together. This guy was already a veteran on the field who they look up to and lives outside the camp with his family of 4. One dark night, they executed a covert operation in Mogadishu to free the Somali children being force into slavery by the al-Shabab militants. Some of them are being trained to be child soldiers to fight the government and foreign forces, majority of the girls being made into slaves or given work like cook, clean, and help the militant group in their war. One child soldier suddenly open fired at them while they were fleeing from the scene. The team mate shot the child soldier dead and they successfully completed their mission, handing the saved captives to the proper authorities.

 

When they went back to camp, it was then when he started to change. He kept to himself, talking to someone who isn’t there, losing sleep for days. His attitude changed to the worse and showed traits that are pretty alarming the Military Doctor and Psychologist decided to give him a break under medication. It was said that he cannot sleep since they came back from Mogadishu and if sleep will come to him, he was always haunted by the unfortunate scene of shooting the child. The child asking him why did he kill an innocent soul.

 

Two months after he was advised to have a rest, Police arrested him at their house which was made into a crime scene in charges of Manslaughter. Killing his own family including his 3 year old son because he said he can hear voices inside his mind telling him to do it.

 

Amber said when she does her work, she doesn’t look in the eyes of their enemies. If you look at their eyes it will be one of your weakness because it will haunt you for the rest of your life. That’s why she was thankful she hasn’t experienced a mission like that. She said her morals cannot take it… killing an innocent kid even if her life is at stake. As much as possible she will try to spare their life rather than take it.

 

I know I shouldn’t be too worried about her when she’s already back at their camp because she can handle herself well. She said out of the seven months every year that she stays there, she only gets to be picked for important operations at least 2 or 3 times. The rest of the months they spend honing their skills, training new recruits, and handling bodyguard duties for important Government Officials without standing beside them. Be invisible as much as they can.

 

But I can never be too sure. What if fate does its trick on us?

 

How I wish she can leave all of it behind and start a new life….

 

But…

 

“Amber…”

 

“Hmmm?…”

 

“Have you ever thought of leaving the Force?”

 

Her eyes lingered at my lips before answering me with a low sigh. “When I entered the Force back then, I told myself I will never leave.” Oh. Then that’s it… I will have to bear with it.

 

“Ahh… okay.”

 

“I have a duty to fulfill.”

 

I nodded at her as response totally getting where I stand. Then Krystal, you better get your straight and stop drinking coffee to lessen your nerves.

 

“That .” I mumbled in a low voice trying to give a small smile. How can I smile if I know everytime she’s away, danger can happen. I don’t want to lose her too.

 

She heaved a deep sigh and wrapped her arms around my body, hugging me and resting her head on my chest burying her face there. I planted a kiss at the top of her head and buried my nose inhaling the scent of her hair, the scent of my shampoo that she took a liking too and has been using eversince.

 

“I’ll miss you… very much.” she mumbled on my chest loud enough for me to hear. My lips curving into a smile hearing truth in her voice. How can I not love this person who makes me feel special all the time?

 

“Really?~”

 

“Really… like really, really going to miss you so much.”

 

“I should be the one who should act like this but I feel like we are opposite Soldier.” I said to her with a chuckle. “I’ll miss you too~~… I’m missing you now!”

 

“I’ll miss your Melons.”

 

“Yah!” I slid my right hand inside her boxer shorts and took a big pinch on her cheeks earning a loud laugh from her. This woman… tsss…

 

“Awwww!~”

 

“Don’t call my s Melons!”

 

“Well its tasty like Mel- AWWW!!~” YOU REALLY WANT A BEATING EH?!

 

“Ummm! Ummm! You’re going to feel the pain in your once you’re already in your plane seat and endure it for 16 hours! Ummm!” I placed her in a playful head lock and feasted on her pinching both cheeks repeatedly. Fine pinches that will surely turn red hahahahaha!! Melons huh!

 

“Krys!!! Aww!!! Awww!!! Hahahahahaha!! Stop! Aww!! Don’t make me-- awww!!! hey!!”

 

“I told you not to call these Melons!”

 

“Awww!!! Hey!! Okay you ask for it!” she suddenly flipped our position trapping me with her body on the bed. Both of us laughing to our hearts’ content that I wish will never end.

 

Can you just please stay by my side after seven months is over?

 

I will do whatever you ask… just stay Amber…

 

She took both my hands and pinned it over my head, capturing my mouth in a kiss that made me smile. Her kiss was quite domineering expressing her power over me, the dominant side of hers that always makes me tremble in anticipation. Completely overpowering, weakening my dominant side that I only unleash when I feel on unleashing it.

 

Sometimes I ask myself, why am I so whipped when it comes to her? I may show my powerful side when I’m inside my company, they see me as the Alpha who rules them all. Execute things I wanted done in a snap of my finger and deliver good results. But when I’m with Amber, I melt into someone who always say yes to whatever she wants me to do. Yoona unnie even telling me the other day over the phone that I seem to rely on her even when tying the string of my pajama when back then I was the Little Miss Independent of us siblings. I don’t know how she found out about that pajama string tying, must be from Invisible Matthew who suddenly pop out of nowhere inside our room back in the mansion when we stayed last.

 

At least she didn’t knew about the bikini string tying and untying in Maldives. XD

 

She broke our kiss, then kissed her way from my jaw to my neck nipping and on my skin that made me whimper. Knowing tomorrow it may leave a mark on my skin that I will cover by putting on some concealer. Tssss…

 

“Hey~…”

 

“Whuut~~…” she answered me with a playful chuckle raising her head from my abused neck. She bit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter