YURI

Daydreams and Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HEY CHINGUS! DROPPING A SHORT UPDATE FOR ALL OF YOU.

THIS CHAPTER WILL CONTAIN JESSICA'S DISPOSITION IN YURI'S POV. HOW THEIR RELATIONSHIP STARTED AND FELL APART. 

ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE NOT ALONE. DO NOT BE AFRAID, HELP IS IN FORM OF A PERSON WHO LOVES YOU AND WILLING TO LISTEN TO YOU. OR A RANDOM STRANGER WHOM YOU ONLY MET BUT WILL BE WILLING TO SIT DOWN AND LISTEN. 

EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON, REASONS WE CANNOT CHANGE.

I BID YOU ALL A GREAT DAY. :)

 

 

 

 

CHAPTER 27

 

YURI'S POV

 

 

 

I love her even though it hurts to leave her. And I love her even though it hurts to know she married that guy just because she needs to be a good daughter to her Father.

 

I love her even though I was far away from her.

 

But I also love my family and I can’t let them be hurt by those monsters. That horrible monster of a man who threatened my family back then. Scared my family that he will take away everything my ancestors strive to have to make our lives easier.

 

Jessica will always be the girl back in our Uni days who effortlessly can make anyone swoon to her. Just a flip of her hair, a small smile here and there, guys will be lining up on both sides just to greet and get a glimpse of her. And I hated it.

 

That’s why we didn’t hit it off at first. We were bitter rivals belonging to the same course department but with different interests. I was the studious type and the student athlete who’d rather spend her spare time after classes taking care of her horse and practice rather than party. I have my fair share of fanboys that rival hers, of course I’m not just great in my craft~… I’m also pretty.

 

We were both competitive students in our class and it didn’t help that we were seatmates since her surname starts with ‘J’ while mine is ‘K’. always trying to outdo each other in subjects, whether its projects or quizzes. Our Freshman year was like a battlefield between us, we will have a face off when its time for debates or oral recitations.

 

I don’t really remember how we ended up as friends. Maybe it was that day when both of us were sitting on the floor in front of our Economics Professor’s office. Waiting for the Professor to come out of his office to announce who topped his class. Both of us were tied in the second spot, the first spot was taken by one of our classmates whom we didn’t thought will get it. I think both of us cried that day…

 

Friendship that blossomed into love… it was what we were back then.

 

If I will be ask to choose, go back to the past or move on to the present…

 

I will choose to go back to the past.

 

Because the past was the only time of my life that I felt truly happy.

 

Even if our love was hidden, even if we meet up in secret and in the eyes of the people we were just ‘best of friends’…

 

We were happy… and so in-love with each other.

 

It wasn’t her fault that our love fell apart. It was the people around us who caused it. Our love was not the kind of love people are pleased to see. For the society we are in, its the kind of love that is disgusting… immoral… a sin.

 

My family… it was only my Grandmother and Mother who knew about my real uality. When they found out about me and Jessica through Chairman Jung, my Grandmother gave me two choices. Leave Jessica and marry a man who I will serve for the rest of my life and will cover up the rumours circling around or leave the country and stay in our vacation house in Switzerland… never see Jessica again.

 

I chose to run away with her. Everything was already laid out, we planned our great escape. Airplane tickets, car that will take us to the airport discreetly, where we will stay and money we saved that we can use while hiding.

 

But it didn’t push through. Her brother Hae In stopped us and her Father broke us up, hid her inside their mansion. I tried to see her but it was no use, she was being guarded like a Princess locked in a tower.

 

I did everything I can to see her, even Yoona tried to help but it was no use. Krystal was too young to meddle with us and only gave her support even though she also wants to help. It told her her support and prayers were more than enough, just take care of her unnie for me until I found a way to take her away from their mansion.  

 

Until one night some of the Lee’s men came to our property and threatened our family. That if I will not stop bothering Jessica and tries to take her away and stop the wedding, they will kill everyone in our family… wipe out our family’s existence completely.

 

That was why I decided to end everything between the two of us. I lied to her. I told her it was the end of our relationship, that I wish her well and I will be going away, that my family wants me to go to Switzerland for the rumours to die down and to focus on my upcoming Equestrian competitions.

 

That everything… all the troubles… wasn’t worth it to fight for. That both of us will only end up hurting in the end so why prolong it? That we will be happy but our families will suffer and will be unhappy.

 

I didn’t told her that I suffered a fracture in my collarbone the night Lee’s men came to our property. That injury almost ended my career. I didn’t told her how Lee’s men threatened to wipe us out and take everything away from us.

 

I can’t. I just can’t.

 

Because the moment I say it to her, it wasn’t just my family that will be wiped out.

 

She included.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

On the day of her wedding, I was inside the pavilion hiding away from all the people. She thought I was leaving that day but the truth was I’m set to leave the morning after. Yoona was the only person who knew I was there, she made me wear a disguise so I can pass through the tight security.

 

I witnessed how she said her I Do and recited her vows, wishing it was for me.

 

I witnessed their first kiss as Husband and Wife, and heard every guests clapping when they had their first dance.

 

Yoona told me Jessica had read the letter I gave. She passed it to her sister while she was preparing before the ceremony. That her sister didn’t let out any emotions, read the letter, folded it then tucked it inside her pouch. Then let out a beautiful smile asking Yoona to tell everyone outside that she is ready.

 

I’d rather see her with Donghae than mourn for her death.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I lived in Switzerland to recuperate in my injury and trained furiously. Entered competitions and bagged medals for the country. Trying to forget about Jessica Jung and live my life. I cut all communications except Yoona who keeps me updated about her sister. Even Yoona doesn’t know about the Lees threatening our family… its a secret no one can know.

 

While having a quick trip in Paris I bumped into Krystal who was that time already studying in London. She was also there for a quick trip trying to de-stress from all the studying she was doing. I was surprised to know that she was studying Business since from what I last knew, she got a scholarship at the Royal College of Music. Krystal was one of the best students at the Music school in Korea where my cousin Seohyun also studied and practiced her Piano skills. I told her Seohyun got in at Julliard, she said she knew about it and she’s happy for my cousin.

 

We talked about her sister and what happened in the past. I lied to her and told her its for the better, we have to be the good daughters our families needed. Krystal asked me if I still love her Jessica unnie… I just gave her a smile and looked away looking at the view of River Seine from outside the Cafe where we were sitting.

 

After years of living in Switzerland, I decided to go home for good. I can’t forever be away from my family, Chairman Jung already died and I don’t have plans of claiming Jessica or reuniting with her. She’s already married and I don’t want to ruin that marriage.

 

I tried my best to ignore her and pretend she doesn’t exist. Its the only way to stop myself from doing the wrong thing. Yoona said my sister feels hurt from what I’m doing, I told her its for the better. She’s married, I don’t want to be the mistake she’ll regret in the end.

 

When Yoona called me that night telling me that her sister was taken to the hospital due to a gun shot, I felt my knees weaken. Regret filling my heart because hours before the incident happened I took her home coming from the riding club. I told her to stay away from me over and over again. Pushing her away from me because the more she gets near... the more I forget about my duty to my family. I suddenly felt bad for doing it to her...  

 

I wanted to see her and check if she is well. I still care for her, it will never change.

 

I didn’t made a visit in the hospital because I don’t want to be seen by the elder Lee. When she was already home, I asked Yoona if when I can see her sister and she told me I can come to eat dinner with them. I told her I’m coming and to tell Jessica too...

 

It was an awkward dinner, awkward because of me and Jessica. I took secret glances at her and saw how sadness fills her eyes, knowing that sadness started ever since we fell apart.

 

When Jessica dropped the bomb that shocked us all... I was sp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter