MEETING AND PARTING

Daydreams and Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HEY CHINGUS! DROPPING OFF AN UPDATE FOR ALL OF YOU!

THANK YOU TO ALL OUR SUBSCRIBERS AND UPVOTERS! WOW... 84 UPVOTES?! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE LOVE! TO THOSE WHO HAVEN'T, DO TAP THAT BUTTON AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER :D

PEACE YOW!~

 

 

 

CHAPTER 26

 

 

 

 

Before leaving Chenggong, we met up with some lawyers that Hwa Young hired and asked them to prepare the documents needed for the exhumation of the bodies. Amber presented them her Military ID and her Birth Certificate that surprisingly is just folded and kept in her wallet. I know right, I never thought of that.

 

Amber asked them to coordinate with the U.S. Embassy to request other needed papers and she wants everything to be done as soon as possible. We left the town and went straight to the hotel where we checked out then boarded the plane again going to Taipei.

 

I was observing Amber the time we were flying. She was looking outside the window of the plane, holding my left hand and tucking it at the side of her face. She wasn’t saying a word but I feel what she feels. Just by looking at her eyes, her expression… I know she feels happy but sad at the same time.

 

Mad. She’s also mad.

 

I saw how serious she was when talking to the lawyers in her Mandarin. Even if I want to commend her cute Mandarin, I decided to keep quiet and say it in a much better time because her seriousness scares me. Her face was the same when she save me that day from being assassinated. She looks serious… its her Soldier face I can feel it.

 

It only became like that when I told her we are coming to see her Uncle. Her face immediately changed even her aura. She looks scary but only mellowed a little when I whispered to her ear to smile for me because I’m beginning to get scared of her. Hahaha… she quickly turn her attention to me and smiled so warm, planted a kiss on the back of my hand then tucked it inside her shirt by her stomach and said she’s just controlling herself but she feels . HAHAAHAHA!!! She earned a playful smack on her head and uppercut making her laugh. Tsss…

 

 

 

Quatro Technologies Tower

CBD, Taipei, Taiwan

 

 

 

From the airport we boarded the waiting SUV that Hwa Young arranged and went straight to the headquarters of Quatro Technologies. Hwa Young gave me last minute details and what to expect when we arrive. Her informer from the company said Harry Liu and some of his Board of Directors are all waiting for us to arrive.

 

I wonder… how will Harry Liu react if he sees his niece?

 

He will probably wonder why Amber is with me but won’t ask.

 

Amber said her Uncle is an in real life, in front of me he will surely be acting all proper and familiar. She’s right, especially that his company’s future depends on my decision to renew our contract with them.

 

Our car finally entered the Central Business District and halted in front of a tall building. I took a deep breath and sighed calming my heart, looking outside the window of the SUV and saw the red carpet rolled out in the entrance. Wow… why the need for a red carpet?!

 

The ten Security guys hired for today lined up beside the SUV guarding us with Kwangsoo heading them. I turned to Amber who gave me a smile and squeezed my hand on her lap urging me to go on. “Let’s get this done Sajang-nim before we go home.”

 

“Are you ready to meet him?” I asked her. She took a glance outside and i saw the side of formed a smirk. I followed her line of sight and saw a man probably in his late 50s wearing a business suit and looking so powerful with his minions behind him ready to welcome me. Based on the photo that Hwa Young included in her report a few days ago, this is the Uncle.

 

“I can’t wait to see him again.” her confident voice gave me the push I needed to do this. Its not easy to do this… there are employees expecting a lot in this company but I have to do this because at the end of the day I also have employees back home expecting a lot from me. Its up to him now how to keep his employees living.

 

Kwangsoo opened the door of the SUV and let me exit it first, Hwa Young following behind me when I walked on the ground while two Security guys roll back the red carpet in front of me. I don’t want to walk in that carpet it annoys me! I’m not some royalty or famous actress going to an awards night! Business is what brought me here not socializing and I plan to end this for 10 to 20 minutes I guess?

 

Their reactions are quite funny, seeing how scandalous it is because the Security has to clear the way for me. They are probably thinking now I’m such a diva or my Father surely made a wrong decision choosing me to be his successor. Well they can’t do anything about it, they just have to accept it.

 

“Welcome to Quatro Technologies Miss Jung…” both of us shook hands before he motioned for the men behind him. “These are my Board of Directors…”

 

“Thank you for welcoming me Mister Liu…” I gave them my charming smile then turn back to the elderly man. “By the way, I brought someone with me who wants to see you.” his face showed a little confusion but nodded.

 

I turned around to the direction of the SUV and smiled when I saw Amber getting out of the vehicle. She was dressed in a white button down under her black blazer, dark slacks that fits perfectly on her and oxford shoes. She has her dark sunglasses on that I can’t help myself but swoon on her because goodness! She look so good… Even her short hair is bouncing while she walks!

 

I smiled at her before turning back to the elderly man and saw his surprised expression that he masked with coldness. His jaw was clenching not believing who he is seeing. Why does he seem so uncomfortable seeing Amber?

 

“Mister Liu, I think you know each other?” I said to Mister Liu who only gave me a look then turn back his gaze to Amber who took off her sunglasses then bowed slightly at her Uncle giving off his warm smile after. I can hear the people behind Mister Liu buzzing with wonder asking who is this young man in front of their Chairman.

 

Who exactly resembles him.

 

“Hello Uncle Harry, its nice to see you again.”

 

 

 

 

AMBER’S POV

 

 

“Hello Uncle Harry, its nice to see you again.”

 

Why does he seem so uncomfortable seeing me here? Its been a long time since we last saw each other and if I remember clearly, he told me to comeback whenever I want.

 

He cleared his throat, reaching for his tie to loosen it a little on his neck before acknowledging me. His eyes darted to Krystal who was smiling beside me innocently. “A-amber… this is a surprise. W-what are you doing here?”

 

“To visit you, ‘Uncle’.” I said emphasizing the word. The men behind him all stare at me from head to toe while whispering to each other. I bowed at them too then spoke in a clear voice turning to Uncle Harry again “By the way, we already found where they are. ” his eyes became sharp, eyebrows furrowing while staring at me.

 

Does he think he can hide it from me forever?

 

“Chairman Liu, who is he?” one of his men asked him. There was silence… all eyes on the two of us. Everyone waiting for him to speak and answer the simple question that it seems too hard for him to answer.

 

I don’t know why you can’t tell them who I am… is it because they didn’t know you did something horrible to your own niece back then?

 

Krystal spoke beside me, putting her right arm on mine clinging on it. “Mister Liu? Aren’t you going to introduce your ‘Niece’ to them? I heard the two of you haven’t seen each other for a long time.”

 

Krystal’s words made the buzzing even louder. Uncle Harry looks so furious now and embarrassed while staring at me, his nostrils flaring. He composed his self then spoke in an emotionless voice answering their question. “This is Amber, a relative of mine. We should go inside now, Miss Jung.” he gave me one last look before turning around to lead the way.

 

Krystal and I shared a look, having a secret smile after. We followed Uncle Harry inside the building when he stopped and turned around looking at Krystal “Miss Jung, only people involve in this business is needed inside the meeting room.” he took a glance at me before going back to Krystal who answered him with a stern smile. “Mister Liu, I believe Amber has every right to be inside that meeting room. Let alone inside this building, am I right?”

 

His face became dark but didn’t answer Krystal then glared at me. I shrugged my shoulders smirking at him before he turned around again entering the meeting room. Krystal was lead to her seat on the table while I stood by the wall together with Kwangsoo. Uncle Harry’s battalion of men wearing black suits lined up at the opposite side all standing there glaring at us.

 

 

One, two, three, four… hmmm… eight men. Kwangsoo and his four minions can take them all. I’ll just help if needed… we left the six Security men outside for back up.

 

Uncle Harry sat opposite Krystal and his assistant laid out the black folders on the table in front of him and Krystal. Hwa Young stood behind Krystal’s seat and placed another folder in red color opening it for Krystal. She showed it to me earlier while we were in the car, its a document formally ending the partnership between two companies and thanking Uncle Liu’s management for their services. Krystal told me she’s going to accept a new company to manufacture their products because Quatro Technologies failed to give good results these past few years.

 

“Shall we begin the signing of the contract now, Miss Jung?” he asked sternly while opening the black folder in front of him.

 

Hwa Young opened the black folder in front of Krystal which the latter took and scanned every pages before smiling at Uncle Harry “How does it feel to see your niece again, Mister Liu? I bet your ecstatic!” I controlled my smile hearing Krystal’s force excitement in her voice. She turned her head back at me then raised her brows “How about you, Amber?”

 

“I feel happy to finally step inside this building… especially that I know this business was funded by my parents’ insurance money and lifetime savings…” my lips formed a smirk seeing Uncle Harry’s furious expression.

 

“Enough!” He pounded his fist on the table startling everyone seated there except Krystal. “I don’t want her inside this room! Take her out!” he commanded his men who was ready to act but was stopped by Kwangsoo’s minions.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter