(TY) FAMILY MATTERS

Daydreams and Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HEY CHINGUS! SHORT UPDATE FOR ALL OF YOU. :)

SUDDEN TURN OF EVENTS, RIGHT? KEKEKE... ;)

ANOTHER ONE THAT WILL MAKE YOU ALL GO ANNOYED AT ME :p

KIDDING HEHEHE

PEACE YOW!~

 

 

CHAPTER 20

 

Day 23 of 91

 

KRYSTAL’S POV

 

Paradise City

Jung-gu, Incheon

 

 

Hae In oppa?…

 

I don’t know if I will believe him or not.

 

Jess is pointing at him, being the one behind the attempted assassination on me last week. Also the one who came in our house that night to kill her. I don’t know what to believe anymore.

 

I already asked Hwa Young to handle the damage control. Yoona unnie and I have talked about it back in the hospital yesterday, no news should be leaked to the media or else the company will suffer. A dip in the stock market will surely hurt the company big time and a lot of people will be affected.

 

Why is this happening? Did they waited for Dad’s body to rot on his grave before doing all this stupidity?

 

He now sat on a chair in the middle of this private room… fidgeting on his seat… looking down on the floor. His sunken cheeks and dark rings under his red eyes means he hasn’t slept for days… my fear that he is wasting his life away coming true.

 

Why did no one told me he is living like this?!

 

“Krystal… believe me… I’m really sorry…”

 

He sounds so sincere but I don’t know how to believe him anymore…

 

The Police found Hae In oppa at Incheon, slouching on a Black Jack table inside Paradise City Casino. They called me directly on my cellphone informing that they have secured him and will be brought to the Police Station for questioning. Amber was beside me when the Police called, both of us were in my unit that night preparing to sleep. She took my hand and said that I tell the Police to wait for us there at the Casino. I don’t know what is going on inside Amber’s mind awhile ago but I obliged and asked the authorities to hold him there and wait for me. “I want to talk to your brother.” was all Amber said.

 

Amber drove the two of us to Incheon riding her motorcycle without telling Kwangsoo where we are heading. I just said we are going to go to a Club and unwind a little and he can have his rest. Tsss… she told me that she only borrowed it for a test drive that night but the truth was she already bought it. She only revealed it after I finished filling up the form she gave. It earned her a pull on her ear while I nag her on tricking me!

 

“It was a surprise! I wanted to surprise you… I got us couple helmets and jackets… don’t you like it? Sungjae said i should do something romantic… I thought its romantic.” she gave me a puppy look feigning hurt. What can I do but give her a kiss on her cheeks that made her smile so bright.

 

 

When we arrived at the casino, the Manager lead us to a private room where the Police dressed in civilian clothes were keeping Hae In oppa. When I saw him…

 

My heart broke in a million pieces.

 

Three weeks of not seeing him made me tear up because I can’t believe the brother I grew up with looks nothing like his usual self.

 

He looks like he hasn’t slept for days, his shirt crumpled, just wearing jeans and a pair of red Crocs. I don’t even know when he last took a shower!

 

My brother looked up from his seat and when he saw me he broke down to tears and stood up. I made my way to him and gave him a hug because I miss him and was so worried about him too even if at the back of my mind this is the brother who wants me dead.  

 

I asked the Police if I can talk to him in private and they gave me permission. They stayed outside guarding the door while Amber took my brother gently by the shoulders. Hae In oppa looks so afraid of her that he flinched but Amber assured him she won’t do anything to hurt him again, that she only did it to protect me when oppa tried to slap me that day.

 

 

When I asked him why he is wasting his life like this, he said there is nothing he can do because his life is already ruined. I told him I didn’t know he was already expelled from the Church because no one told me. If I only knew then I could have help bringing him back to our mansion to start his life again.

 

I found out from him that Donghae oppa knew about it, that he was the one who was sending him money all this time. Instead of coming home to our mansion, Donghae oppa told him to stay away because apparently his sisters are mad at him and doesn’t want to see him again. Giving him money to feed his gambling addiction.

 

That made me mad as hell. Even if Hae In oppa tried to hurt me before, I know he didn’t mean it. I know it was his temper, I was scared back then but I feel that he was pressured that’s why his temper got out of control. And its my fault too… I said things to him that probably triggered the monster inside him plus the revelation that I am together with Amber which I think shocked him.

 

But whatever happens… even if I will be called a fool or a martyr…

 

He is still my brother and no one can take that away.

 

Amber was just quiet in a near corner listening to me and oppa. She’s on guard I know, but in Hae In oppa’s situation now I feel that he won’t do anything to hurt me.

 

What shocked me even more was his confession. He was the mastermind on the failed assassination attempt on me. That he only thought of it because Donghae said if I will be gone Hae in oppa can have the sole chance to control everything in our company especially the financial side. He was made to believe if he gets the rein he can also control the release of money that he can use for his gambling activities and his latest vice…

 

Drugs.

 

All I can do is shake my head in dismay and pity for him to think that its so easy… so easy to do that duty. The duty he threw away and turned his back on… putting all of it on my shoulders.

 

My God… how? How can he thought of killing me? I’m his sister!

 

Who taught him all those things?! The drugs?! Did he took drugs while serving as a Priest?!  

 

If I find out Donghae and his Father is behind all of this then that’s it. They crossed the line and I won’t let them get away with this.  

 

“Krystal… I know what I did is unforgivable but please believe me I didn’t meant all of it. I was being lead to believe on lies.”

 

I walked around the room biting my nails. My brain can’t take everything anymore…

 

“Oppa…” I stopped in front of him and stared straight into his eyes reading his expression. I wanted to believe him but how? “Do you understand what you just did? There is an evidence against you… the Police have the cellphone of the hitman you paid to shoot me and traced your number as the last person who called. Even if I drop the charges against you how can I be so sure that you wouldn’t do it again?”

 

“This is all Donghae’s fault! He was the one who made me do gambling again! I was quietly serving the Church when he brought me to Jeju and told me its just a quick game. I never thought I will be back to my old ways in just a flick of a finger… it got into me again until everything got so bad.” his hands are fidgety that it seems he don’t know what to do with it. He looked away and saw Amber looking at us intently, her aura was so different from the Amber inside our bedroom. She looks scary.

 

I gave a nod to Amber asking her to tone it down because my brother is already so scared of her. She sighed and nodded back, making her way to the chair near me and took it. She brought it to my spot and told me to sit because I’ve been standing for 30 minutes now since we came.

 

Reaching for Hae In oppa’s hands on his lap, he slowly looked up to me with a very sorry expression that made me bite my lips in pity. His hands are clammy but I held it tight, giving him the support he needs. “Oppa, even if you did this… you are still my older brother. You know that I am willing to help you if you just ask for it. We only filed that restraining order because Jessica unnie was afraid you will hurt me and look what you did! You tried to hurt me… it breaks my heart knowing you want me dead. I thought you love me?!…”

 

He started to cry, tears streaming from his eyes while holding my hands tight. He can still change… I know it.

 

“Krystal…”

 

“I thought I’m your precious Princess… that you won’t let anyone hurt me?!”

 

He broke down to tears his sorrowful cry also made me tear up. I have to do something on him… I don’t want him to live like this. He is a Jung… Dad and Mom will be disappointed if I let Hae In oppa end up a failure.

 

“I will do everything you want me to do Krystal just forgive me… just forgive oppa…” Amber went to my side wiping my face with a tissue before giving the whole box to me with an understanding smile. I pulled a few sheets and wiped Hae In oppa’s face while he cries like a child. I can’t believe this is all happening… This is embarrassing… this thing happening to our family… for Amber to witness all of this is embarrassing.

 

Someone is working silently to tear our family apart, and that someone chose the two people who are stupid enough to bow.

 

Even if I drop the charges there is still this incident involving Jess and Donghae. I wanna know the truth. I turned to Amber and she got what I meant, putting her hands on Hae In oppa’s shoulders carefully to get his attention. “Sir… I mean… Mister Jung, I want to ask you something. Don’t be afraid of me I won’t do anything to you.”

 

I stood up from my seat and gave it to Amber before taking out my cellphone from the pocket of my leather jacket. I need to talk to Yoona unnie about this, she’s the only sane sister I have now.

 

“I want to know if how long have you been staying here at this casino…” Amber asked Hae In oppa in a gentle manner. Oppa looks so distraught but managed to answer her quickly “Since yesterday, the other day I was in Busan…” my ears suddenly perked up hearing Hae In oppa say Busan.

 

He was in Busan the night Jess and Donghae was allegedly shot by him.

 

“Does anyone can attest to that Mister Jung? Like CCTV cameras, persons who might have talked to you that day?” I opened the camera App of my phone and filmed the conversation happening in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter